*** Official Buffalo Bills @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** WK11 | Page 81 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Buffalo Bills @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** WK11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, I just want to vomit every time I hear this nonsense about draft position. Maybe it mattered when Tua was in the running, but now it really shows up as the joke it is. We're gunning for the same draft position that we drafted Dion Jordan or Ronnie Brown in. Who roots for that?
the 2nd overall and the 3rd overall pick? is that what you're b!tching and moaning about?

I really couldn't care less, i was just posting some good news in a losing game thread.

the 2nd overall and the 3rd overall pick? is that what you're b!tching and moaning about?

I really couldn't care less, i was just posting some good news in a losing game thread.

Yes, I pointed out what the second and third overall pick have gotten us in the past. Who the frick cares about that? Draft position guarantees nothing unless you have first overall with a sure thing there, but even then teams screw that up.

Yes, I pointed out what the second and third overall pick have gotten us in the past. Who the frick cares about that? Draft position guarantees nothing unless you have first overall with a sure thing there, but even then teams screw that up.
Yeah, that's absolutely not correct.

1) What picks in those spots have gotten us in the past has zero relevance to 2020.

2) if you have the 2nd pick or the 3rd pick you have more leverage than if you had any later pick. Wtf are you smoking? Have you never seen a Trubisky trade or an RGIII trade?

3) everybody but you cares about that. this season was never about "the first overall with a sure thing there" (except maybe to you), because that doesn't (and didn't) exist. first pick would be nice, but because of the leverage it gives you (which includes taking any player you want).

LMFAO yeah Ballage sucks but hilarious when you say "I don't count the actual good plays he made".
In my mind, he's made 1 great play as a Dolphin, that was last season on a 75yd TD run against the Vikings. He's not done one single things since then that has qualified as great. He's not a powerback and not elusive at all....and don't even joke about him as a receiving back

Yeah, that's absolutely not correct.

1) What picks in those spots have gotten us in the past has zero relevance to 2020.

2) if you have the 2nd pick or the 3rd pick you have more leverage than if you had any later pick. Wtf are you smoking? Have you never seen a Trubisky trade or an RGIII trade?

3) everybody but you cares about that. this season was never about "the first overall with a sure thing there" (except maybe to you), because that doesn't (and didn't) exist. first pick would be nice, but because of the leverage it gives you (which includes taking any player you want).

Just putting uncertainty and unpredictability and why its silly to cheer for draft position into terms the Dolphins clearly understand. And yes, showing what this very organization has done with our likely draft position in the past is very relevant to the discussion.

In my mind, he's made 1 great play as a Dolphin, that was last season on a 75yd TD run against the Vikings. He's not done one single things since then that has qualified as great. He's not a powerback and not elusive at all....and don't even joke about him as a receiving back

Ballage being a bad back (which he is) and the statement I was responded to being stupid are two different things.

Just putting uncertainty and unpredictability and why its silly to cheer for draft position into terms the Dolphins clearly understand. And yes, showing what this very organization has done with our likely draft position in the past is very relevant to the discussion.
Ridiculous on all counts.

Randy Mueller was the GM in 2005 when Ronnie Brown was drafted. Wayne Huizenga owned the team.

Jeff Ireland was the GM in 2013 when Dion Jordan was drafted. We didn't even own the third pick. We had the 12th pick and traded the 42nd pick to move up to 3.

Neither transaction has any relevance this coming April.

Randy Mueller was the GM in 2005 when Ronnie Brown was drafted. Wayne Huizenga owned the team.

Jeff Ireland was the GM in 2013 when Dion Jordan was drafted. We didn't even own the third pick. We had the 12th pick and traded the 42nd pick to move up to 3.

Both Dolphins transactions. Both part of this team's history. You don't just change an organization's history, lore, identity, etc. just because personnel changes over the years.

I'm not sure that the guys who made those decisions were worse than what we have now anyway.

Grier was the head of scouting when the teamed moved up for dion Jordan. He had a lot of input in that transaction.

Both Dolphins transactions. Both part of this team's history. You don't just change an organization's history, lore, identity, etc. just because personnel changes over the years.

I'm not sure that the guys who made those decisions were worse than what we have now anyway.
how does saying that those picks in the past won't have any effect on next years picks "change an organization's history, lore, identity, etc." in any way?

one was 15 seasons ago and one was 7 seasons ago (as of the 2020 draft). no doubt they happened, but they have zero bearing on what is going to happen.

Grier was the head of scouting when the teamed moved up for dion Jordan. He had a lot of input in that transaction.
even if true, dion jordan was the most coveted defensive player in that draft.

and moving up from 12 to 3 for the 42nd pick was highway robbery.

it didn't work out, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom