**Official CBA Thread II - Update: Owners Approve CBA!** | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official CBA Thread II - Update: Owners Approve CBA!**

Sal Lisitano said:
So, what is the feeling around here?

Does this CBA deal finally get done or will the NFL free agency season begin without a new CBA deal?

I don't think it gets approved and I hope I'm wrong!!!!

Go Fins!!!

IMO the CBA won't get done today.:tantrum:

IdahoPhin said:
IMO the CBA won't get done today.:tantrum:
you think the deadline will get extended again?

nick1 said:
I think the owners will approve of it today, they are voting whether to accept or reject it. I'm assuming they will meet some time this mourning and I fully expect it to be announced to be accepted by 1 or 2 o'clock

NOOOOO way it gets done that early. Look for this to go late into the night because they still need to figure out revenue sharing and big time names like Jerry Jones do NOT want to budge. It'll be another late night and not nearly guarenteed to be accepted.

Koehler13x said:
NOOOOO way it gets done that early. Look for this to go late into the night because they still need to figure out revenue sharing and big time names like Jerry Jones do NOT want to budge. It'll be another late night and not nearly guarenteed to be accepted.
the last time they voted on the offer they left really early, like at 12

nick1 said:
the last time they voted on the offer they left really early, like at 12
The meeting doesn't even start until 3:00 P.M. Plus, they said this is going to be a looooooooooong meeting. I wouldn't be too suprised to see them hold off and vote tomorrow.

just something else i want to mention, we, the Dolphins, did very well before the Salary cap was brought into the fold, and it's my recollection that the Salary Cap actually punished teams like Miami, San Fran, Dallas, and Washington, teams that drafted well, and had good organizations.

So even if this doesn't happen, and the cap number doesn't increase, we might not have a great offseason this year, but history tells me that we will be fine without a cap.

Think about it, do we as miami fans really need the salary cap???????

obviously i don't want to see a player strike but still.

Nublar7 said:
The meeting doesn't even start until 3:00 P.M. Plus, they said this is going to be a looooooooooong meeting. I wouldn't be too suprised to see them hold off and vote tomorrow.
thanks for the info, I had no idea what time it was

death7star said:
stupiest thread ever.

:moon: Dont kill the messenger.Its not something I invented.Its an article.and a legitimate topic for discussion.

I too do not think they will have the votes to get this thing done, I also don't look for there to be any more extensions. IMO (hopefully i'm wrong) this get's rejected and Free Agency starts Thursday morning. I believe we'll then announce the cutting of Frerotte and the restructuring of J.T.'s, Zach's, and KC Contracts to help us even more with our cap situation.... Adams is supposed to be in tomorrow and probably Brees at the end of the week or beginning of next.. Things will get interesting as to how creative Mueller and Saban can get. Heck, the Bucs were supposed to be in worse shape cap wise than us and they've been making some signings or resignings of current players like Hovan. So hopefully our brain trust can do the same..

THere's no way in Hell that this happens. NEVERRRRR. And Pro Football Talk is like the GLOBE or the ENQUIRER..Making up rediculous stuff just to get a rise.

From what I've read it's really not the percentages that's the problem.

It's the revenue streams, since the last CBA we've more staduim renaming, luxury box, even NFL credit cards.

The NFLPA wants all of these new revenue streams to be part of the tally. The NFL owners want none of the new revenue streams to be included in the final tally.

Note: this was on Sportings News Radio, I'm trying to find a link.

NorFlaFin said:
From what I've read it's really not the percentages that's the problem.

It's the revenue streams, since the last CBA we've more staduim renaming, luxury box, even NFL credit cards.

The NFLPA wants all of these new revenue streams to be part of the tally. The NFL owners want none of the new revenue streams to be included in the final tally.

Note: this was on Sportings News Radio, I'm trying to find a link.

Another thing that bothers them about the revenue sharing is that some low revenue teams like Cinncy, wont put a lable on their stadium. So some of the owners are like why should I share my revenue when these guys arn't using their full potential to gain revenue.

Sadly this is a very good point. Isn't miami's stadium, Dolphins Stadium presented by DHL or something like that. I dont know for sure since I dont live there, but I have heard that is what it is.

Hopefully though this all gets done, and we can get some big name FA. I just hope they dont push the deadline back any further. I'm ready to see what happens.

It looks like there is still a lot of "red-tape" to cut through before a deal can be ironed out...

TAGS RIDES THE FENCE

It's Tuesday, which means that it's time for a bunch of rich white dudes (and one rich white chick) to convene in Dallas to determine whether they can work out their differences in the interests of continued labor peace.

But the 59.5 percent question continues to be whether the Commish actually is endorsing the union's latest proposal, or whether he's merely delivering it.

Mark Maske of The Washington Post (who does tremendous work -- and that's a lot coming from us because we pretty much hate everybody) tries to get to the bottom of this key issue.

"Everyone wants to know if he's going to endorse it," NFLPA executive director Gene Upshaw stold Maske. "My main issue is that he presents it. He doesn't get a vote. The owners have the votes. [But] if he didn't support it, you wouldn't think he'd be presenting it."

In contrast, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told Maske that Tagliabue would merely be presenting the union's offer without a recommendation.

The deeper issue, as we've previously explained, is whether Tags has any remaining juice with his employers. If he makes a recommendation and if at least 24 of them don't agree with it, he suddenly becomes football's version of Fay Vincent. But if Tagliabue is merely the postal worker who drops off the envelope to the owners, he won't look bad if at least nine of them stamp the thing "return to sender."

Here is the link, since I cannot post the entire article:http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Shamboubou said:
Another thing that bothers them about the revenue sharing is that some low revenue teams like Cinncy, wont put a lable on their stadium. So some of the owners are like why should I share my revenue when these guys arn't using their full potential to gain revenue.

Sadly this is a very good point. Isn't miami's stadium, Dolphins Stadium presented by DHL or something like that. I dont know for sure since I dont live there, but I have heard that is what it is.

Hopefully though this all gets done, and we can get some big name FA. I just hope they dont push the deadline back any further. I'm ready to see what happens.

I agree, some teams need to change their buisness practices. Otherwise, will be hard for high revenue teams to even begin considering a revenue sharing policy. I know you love Paul Brown's legacy in Cincy, but you've gonna have to change. Maybe UPS Paul Brown stadium. "What can Brown do for you?" Or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom