Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide | Page 119 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 23s 23 seconds ago
Let's try this again: Frank Gore plans to sign with Indy, per source; deal expected to be similar to Philly offer: 3-years, $12M, $7.5M gtd.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

John McClain @McClain_on_NFL · 17m 17 minutes ago
Andre Johnson may very well end up in Indy but I've been assured by 3 close to him that he's still working out in Miami this morning.

jim-irsay-blue-hair.jpg

makin it rain

BTW, I will never forgive Russell Wilson for throwing that pick. OK, back to free agency.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 23s 23 seconds ago
Let's try this again: Frank Gore plans to sign with Indy, per source; deal expected to be similar to Philly offer: 3-years, $12M, $7.5M gtd.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

John McClain @McClain_on_NFL · 17m 17 minutes ago
Andre Johnson may very well end up in Indy but I've been assured by 3 close to him that he's still working out in Miami this morning.

Seriously though, if we "really" were trying to make a run in 2015 . . . Gore/Johnson would of been a hell of a sign of that.

Touchy subject here . . . . when Cobb turns down Miami for less money, and if Johnson turns us down . . . is that 2 players saying, I rather play for Rodgers/Luck than Tannehill? I mean it's clear the opportunity is bigger in Miami with all the space we have at WR. Just wondering how those 2 guys view our QB in comparison to the other 2 and if the gap is something that played a role.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 11m11 minutes ago
And as @LanceZierlein also reported, Andre Johnson and Frank Gore scheduled to fly together from Miami to Indy on @JimIrsay's plane.

Touchy subject here . . . . when Cobb turns down Miami for less money, and if Johnson turns us down . . . is that 2 players saying, I rather play for Rodgers/Luck than Tannehill? I mean it's clear the opportunity is bigger in Miami with all the space we have at WR. Just wondering how those 2 guys view our QB in comparison to the other 2 and if the gap is something that played a role.

Could be our dopey coach.. or the fact the Dolphins haven't had a playoff berth since 2008 (and they want to win).

Seriously though, if we "really" were trying to make a run in 2015 . . . Gore/Johnson would of been a hell of a sign of that.

Touchy subject here . . . . when Cobb turns down Miami for less money, and if Johnson turns us down . . . is that 2 players saying, I rather play for Rodgers/Luck than Tannehill? I mean it's clear the opportunity is bigger in Miami with all the space we have at WR. Just wondering.

I just need more verification that Miami made a play for Cobb.

Bottomline…bring Wallace back, you got Landry…make a play for a WR in RD 1 or 2 and the receiving group is fine.

I also think you get a Cecil Shorts, Nate Washington or Hakeem Nicks for not very much.

I think you answered your own question. Not to mention both of those teams are a litlle more complete then were are IMO.

I think some players recognize a good situation when they have one.

Cobb, yes took less money to stay at 'home' and play with Rodgers, he knows the staff, knows the sytem. Etc, and to some players, they would rather stay in that comfort and still make nice money.

Gore and Andre are clearly chasing a ring at this point. Both have 1 maybe 2 good seasons left in them. Both headed to Indy that just needed a few more weapons to reach the big show.

Similar to any other FA old vet (with some gas left in the tank) that has a year or so left in them. Other FA vets just want the final pay check.

I don't think its much of an issue here. Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck are better quarterbacks than Ryan Tannenhill at this point in time. Maybe Tannenhill exceeds them, but you are talking about two quarterbacks who are top 5 at their position.

You are also talking about two teams who made the playoffs the last 2 years and have shown potential to go to the super bowl. Something we have yet to show.

So I don't think it says anything about Tannennhill at all.

It's not really that big of a deal to be honest. I mean, both of those guys are clearly better than Tannehill (and Rodgers is an all-time great who's headed to the HOF). And I'm a huge Tannehill guy. But I don't take that as an indictment on Tannehill at all.

I want to know what on Earth we are doing.....I haven't seen us legit linked to anyone except Suh. I heard the Revis thing, but if we pull that off, I would be truly amazed.

You can't turn down a team when there isn't any offer to begin with. From all reports, we haven't reached out to Johnson...so I don't know if he can really turn us down. And also, I keep hearing reports that we never actually offered a contract to Cobb, but reached out to him just to gauge interest.

I want to know what on Earth we are doing.....I haven't seen us legit linked to anyone except Suh. I heard the Revis thing, but if we pull that off, I would be truly amazed.

Not much to go after in terms of 'big names'.

Landed Suh, probably shopping for a decent CB, DT rotation guys.

Clay at TE got the Transition Tag, hopefully that keeps him in house.

Once the big names start to fall the mid-tier guys are next.

Back
Top Bottom