*** official day one nfl draft discussion/"game" thread *** | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** official day one nfl draft discussion/"game" thread ***

Foster is definitely a boom or bust canidate.

That shoulder injury scared off 30 teams

True.....good thing though even if he blows it up he didn't go to a div/conf rival......and we don't play the 49ers this year.

I am just really happy Ireland is not drafting for us. Adding talent and not completely whiffing on picks is step in the right direction. DE is a need so I am satisfied. Hopefully we can get a few more talented players. Every year people cry about the draft. Everyone has their own ideas about players but this guy was projected much higher.

So now Miami trade its 2018 1st round pick to Cleveland for two 2017 2nd round picks. Kidding of course. But then again maybe 3 2017 2nd picks might be better than a 2nd this year and a 1st next. Especially with one of the picks being at the top of day 2.

I guess I wasn't thinking that the Browns trade the top pick in the 2nd round when they moved up for Peppers. They only have one 2017 2nd round pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we were at 22 so have to think the offers were better but will never know. I just would have liked the extra pick considering the status of the roster and the difference in players to move down. I mean was there really that big of a difference in players to move down some?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I mean, we could gain picks, and still picked up a pass rusher, no matter when that pick was coming from it would've been fine. Still could've got Willis (or lamp technically). Maybe could have still got Harris even. I'm frustrated we didnt move back to gain more picks but it is what it is now. We'll see what day 2 holds. All we really have is an abundance of 5ths, so to move up or around in the 2nd/3rd, we have to mortgage future picks

Any chance Harris starts at will, kiko at mike and timmons at sam? Harris is undersized for a DE.

So now Miami trade its 2018 1st round pick to Cleveland for two 2018 2nd round picks. Kidding of course. But then again maybe 3 2017 2nd picks might be better than a 2nd this year and a 1st next. Especially with one of the picks being at the top of day 2.

Honestly... i wouldn't be that opposed. Have 3 seconds this year? and theirs next year? F*** it. do it

edit- just looked, the Browns have the 20th pick in the 2nd round, and the 1st pick in the third round. Those and their 2nd of next year, isn't worth our first next year imo. But we could work something out with other mid round picks.

Also- our comp 3rd is the first compensatory pick at least.

Maybe try to get their 3rd round pick to use whatever position has been neglected and has the least depth

Jeff Darlington‏Verified account @JeffDarlington 2m2 minutes ago

- I’d heard something seemingly hard to believe this week — that Lynch was considering Foster at No. 2. Perhaps a stretch. At 31? Lynch wins.

Dolphins lose.

I knew no matter who we pick half the board would like it and the other half would hate it. I know we need to stop the run and this pick doesn't help. All we've done really is Timmons at LB and getting Jones back and hoping Phillips play better. But you can never have enough pass rushers and he can do that. I'm not crazy about our FO but I will wait and see how we do tomorrow

Ozzy rules!!

At the end of the day I've learned it doesn't matter what the board thinks. It doesn't matter what the experts think. Both are usually judging based on some kind of value system and in the case of fans they go for players they "like". I also don't care what the team thinks and if they got the guy everyone knew they wanted all along or they obviously wanted based on moving up in the draft. At the end of the day players are gonna boom or bust independently. I like to just find out more about the player(s) we got and what people think they do well and don't do well.

This team wanted Davante Parker all along. Meh. This team freaking loved Dion Jordon. Bah. Going back a while Ronnie Brown was the supposedly obvious pick if we missed out on Alex Smith. Years later its lauaghable that we spent a No. 2 overall pick on a college backup RB who had backup RB vision except out of the wildcat in a draft that also had Aaron Rodgers.

If I don't hate the pick, it's all good. At least it wasn't a reach for a need player. At least it wasn't a medical red flag. At least its at a position that I can understand is going to be a need very soon.

I love people looking primarily at combine numbers instead of how the dude actually played. I mean jesus christ

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Dolphins lose.

Yeah dude, 30 picks go by and Foster isn't taken. Obviously you're the one with the knowledge and not the people in the NFL. :lol:

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Any chance Harris starts at will, kiko at mike and timmons at sam? Harris is undersized for a DE.

He's really not undersized

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Foster is definitely a boom or bust canidate.

That shoulder injury scared off 30 teams

****ing bingo

Looks like Feeney, Dawkins or Johnson could be available at guard when Miami picks in round 2.

Back
Top Bottom