*** OFFICIAL DOLPHINS @ BROWNS GAME THREAD *** Week 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL DOLPHINS @ BROWNS GAME THREAD *** Week 1

Adam First

Excellence in Mediocrity
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Hello...good to see everyone again. :hump:

200pxMiami_Dolphins_2013_Logosvgpng-1.jpg
@
200pxCleveland_Browns_logo2C_2006_to_pre-1.jpg

cleveland_580-1.jpg

at FirstEnergy Stadium
Cleveland, Ohio

TELEVISION

f343-1.jpg
240pxNfloncbs_logopng-1.jpg

Kickoff at 1 PM ET

INJURY REPORT
FP - Full Participation in Practice
LP - Limited Participation
DNP - Did Not Practice

Miami
Out
QB Pat Devlin (ankle - DNP)
CB Jamar Taylor (groin - DNP)
CB Will Davis (toe - DNP)

Questionable
CB Dimitri Patterson (ankle - LP)

Probable
TE Dion Sims (groin - FP)
DE Dion Jordan (shoulder - FP)
DE Vaughn Martin (ankle - FP)
LB Jonathan Freeney (shoulder - FP)
S Jimmy Wilson (hamstring - FP)

Cleveland
Out
G Shaun Lauvau (ankle - DNP)
LB Barkevious Mingo (lung - LP)

Questionable
DE Ahtyba Rubin (calf - DNP)
CB Buster Skrine (shoulder - DNP)

Probable
WR Davone Bess (knee - FP)
TE Jordan Cameron (groin - FP)
DE Desmond Bryant (back - FP)
LB Jabaal Sheard (illness - FP)
LB Eric Martin (foot - FP)
CB Christopher Owens (foot - FP)

WEATHER
bknpng-1.jpg

Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 74. Northeast wind 16 to 18 mph.
National Weather Service Cleveland - forecast for FirstEnergy Stadium

GAME PREVIEWS
ESPN/STATS LLC / ESPN Picks
Yahoo! Sports/Associated Press

[video=youtube;YBXVL0xF92A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBXVL0xF92A[/video]

Cleveland has some talent but we've got the better QB. If we play smart we win. GO FINZ!!

THE SERIES

SERIES RECORD: Miami leads 9-8 (including 2-0 in playoffs)
AT MIAMI: Dolphins lead 5-2 (2-0 in playoffs)
AT CLEVELAND: Browns lead 6-4
LAST MEETING: 2011 at Cleveland; Browns 17, Dolphins 16
HISTORY LESSON: The Dolphins have had some memorable victories in Cleveland, most notably a come-from-behind 27-23 decision in a Monday night game in 1992 and a 24-14 victory the following season. The 1992 game came in Week 2 but served as the Dolphins’ season opener because the Week 1 matchup against New England was postponed because of Hurricane Andrew. The Dolphins won that night on a short Mark Higgs run in the final seconds. The Oct. 10, 1993 game, is remembered, of course, for the Achilles injury that knocked Dan Marino out for the rest of the season. Scott Mitchell came off the bench that day and overcame an interception returned for a touchdown to help the Dolphins win.

SERIES TREND: The two teams have traded long winning streaks in the series, and unfortunately for the Dolphins the current streak belongs to the Browns. They have won the last four matchups — three in Cleveland (2005, 2007 and 2011) and one in Miami (2010). Before that, the Dolphins had won six meetings in a row from 1988 to 2004. This will be the sixth time in 10 seasons that the teams meet following a 10-year break in the series.

Thank you. Season is almost here...starting to comment on the gameday thread. Love it. Good luck!

I plan to stay up late gaming so I sleep in till game time make time go by faster lol. Excited to see Tannehill & Co.

I plan to stay up late gaming so I sleep in till game time make time go by faster lol. Excited to see Tannehill & Co.

I have an early morning shift - I go at 4, get home around 8 or 9, crash for a couple hours and wake up about 30 minutes prior to kickoff.

That wind worries me a bit.. Honestly should be the Lamar Miller show.

I have to jump in here and give my short editorial on our new season.

This is our game to win, the game is being judged as an even game by odds makers, so if Tannehill is to go to that next level, here's his opportunity to shine.

If we lose, it will be a set back and a season distraction.

I predict, we win 13-9in a close game and also predict a low scoring game, based on our performance during preseason.

d-1

Cleveland has some talent but we've got the better QB. If we play smart we win. GO FINZ!!
Not sure what would make you think that. Weeden and Tannehill's QB ratings last year were not significantly different from each other, and despite Tannehill's high QB rating in the preseason, Weeden's was slightly higher.

I don't think there's any reason to think Weeden will improve any less than Tannehill this year, and that may just start tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what would make you think that. Weeden and Tannehill's QB ratings last year were not significantly different from each other, and despite Tannehill's high QB rating in the preseason, Weeden's was slightly higher.

I don't think there's any reason to think Weeden will improve any less than Tannehill this year, and that my just start tomorrow.

actually, there is a very good reason to believe that. Tannehill's 25, Weeden will be 30 in a month

actually, there is a very good reason to believe that. Tannehill's 25, Weeden will be 30 in a month
By that line of reasoning, Tannehill should be better than Peyton Manning, who's 37, was the MVP runner-up last year, and threw seven touchdown passes Thursday night.

By that line of reasoning, Tannehill should be better than Peyton Manning, who's 37, was the MVP runner-up last year, and threw seven touchdown passes Thursday night.

don't spin things around. you yourself were talking about improving. key word "improving". and actually yes, i think Tannehill will be improving more than Peyton Manning this year. quite a bit actually. might have something to do that Manning is fully developped and Tannehill isn't. as for Weeden, he has a significantly lower ceiling than Tannehill due to age.

It seems like a good chunk of our secondary is injured....hope it doesn't hurt the defense too badly.

I don't think there's any reason to think Weeden will improve any less than Tannehill this year, and that my just start tomorrow.

Tannehill is a God among men, you shut your pie hole! :loco:

Back
Top Bottom