Official Dolphins "good Vibes" Positive Outlook Mega Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Dolphins "good Vibes" Positive Outlook Mega Thread

Birdman, I think Jonathan Hankins is coming our way after June 1. If we get Hankins we're in great shape at DT suddenly. Our run defense will be much better with McMillan and Baker filing gaps with their great instincts and speed. .Kiko will also help against the run. We have several stars in the secondary or soon to be stars. Jones has received some recognition finally but Minkah and X are going to be Pro Bowlers very soon imo. We have something planned for TJ but I expect him close to the LOS which will be great because he can lay the wood.

Yeah I’ve had this feeling Hankins might be a June 2nd signing.

The outside negative predictions comes from a very superficial viewpoint of losing "big name" players. All they see are the guys we lost and no "big names" brought in. I'm fine with that 100%. Those on the inside (our fanbase) understand the "team" concept and how our free agent pickups and draft will be much more cohesive. We have better depth at all positions except QB. We have a core nucleus of young players coming into their 2nd, 3rd or 4th years sprinkled with some veterans that are still playing at a high caliber. Our coaching staff is solid. Most of these players have played in Gase's system and we should be able to open the playbook and play instinctually. Only hurricanes and volcanoes...

Birdman, I think Jonathan Hankins is coming our way after June 1. If we get Hankins we're in great shape at DT suddenly. Our run defense will be much better with McMillan and Baker filing gaps with their great instincts and speed. .Kiko will also help against the run. We have several stars in the secondary or soon to be stars. Jones has received some recognition finally but Minkah and X are going to be Pro Bowlers very soon imo. We have something planned for TJ but I expect him close to the LOS which will be great because he can lay the wood.

Why? Only rumor/info/news I see has him visiting the Jets and that the Chargers should be after him. Has there been visits or talks I missed?

It seems that every year we address one issue, another one pops up. O line has been upgraded but can they gel and produce? What about LBs? Def line? Rookies? Will we stay healthy? Will Tannehill be the same?

A lot of question marks that could go either way. We need to put it all together and stay healthy for us to be a contender. I really hope it happens this year.

While I know that personally, probably to a fault I'm not bashful in calling a spade a spade, I do understand that a thread like this without the inevitable cognitive dissonant blowback reflects the sentiments of our true more self-controlled and polite vast "silent majority."

So.....care to wager how many posts it takes before someone comes in to set everyone straight and attempts to curtail the enthusiasm with their "more level headed" and "realistic" point of view?

Being the mod who combined all those Tannehill threads I am glad you reposted this brother Vaark.
A new season is a new beginning and I do like the direction we are headed in despite last year.
Being positive going into the new season is a good thing after the adventure we have been on in recent years and hopefully the team will perform well to justify it.

To answer brother Sarnics this was posted as a positive only thread so let's keep it that way or you are off topic and your posts could be deleted. Plenty of other threads where you can speak your mind if you do not feel this way.

I'm starting this off by reposting a video from NFLn's Peter Schrager being bullish on the team's 2018 prospects including Tannehill being able to pick up where he left off at 7-1.

The original thread, inadvertently merged into a Tannehill comeback megathread by a well-meaning and respected mod really shouldn't have been. Within so much gloom and doom both from the media and even within FH, it provided some welcome hope of a bright light at the end of this short tunnel.

I believe as "fans" which is a word derived from "fanatic" which in its truest sense is defined as unqualified enthusiasm and positive expectations, we need a thread devoid of all the negativism that abounds and even creeps in to some OPs that start off as hopeful.

So hopefully this thread will aggregately reflect contrarian viewpoints by capturing the positive aspects of the fins as a team going forward. There are plenty of individual negative threads or threads that quickly morph into negativism - especially the 6 or so I counted last night regarding Tannehill. Those threads IMO could well be merged into a skeptics mega thread since they all inevitably evolve in the same predictable manner. (and admittedly I'm as guilty as many).

So if you see any positive Fincentric coverage -especially opinion-based, regarding the team, their players, organization, etc., hopefully this is the thread in which you can share them without having those posts serving as a piñata since as we all know there are many , or even too many other threads that fulfill that purpose.

To be optimistic, I'll have to be negative . . . a little. Last year I didn't like Gase's play-calling early and, like most, HATED the number of penalties. Based on no evidence, I think those will be corrected. Better position coaches, players more familiar with the scheme, and some of those who committed penaties to overcome poor talent are gone.

My second negative? A number of players last year weren't just bad, but REAL bad (e.g., JT). We don't know how all replacements will do nor how the 2nd year players will perform, but, excluding one DT position, I see 'no change' or 'better.' Some I see as significantly better. For now, I'm trying to be realistic with a 7-8 win season. Worse case, maybe 6. OTOH, best case I can see a playoff berth. Depends on injuries and how many players perform up to talent level.

With that as preface, this is the most optimistic I've been in a l-o-o-o-o-n-n-g time.

I being the mod who combined all those Tannehill threads am glad you reposted this brother Vaark.
A new season is a new beginning and I do like the direction we are headed in despite last year.
Being positive going into the new season is a good thing after the adventure we have been on in recent years and hopefully the team will perform well to justify it.

To answer brother Sarnics this was posted as a positive only thread so let's keep it that way or you are off topic and your posts could be deleted. Plenty of other threads where you can speak your mind if you do not feel this way.

You Da Man!!

Cap space from post June 1 cuts becomes free

I get that our money comes available.....my confusion is why HIM. Why do they assume he is someone that we are going to sign? I haven't seen anything that even links us to him.

Just checking in. Thanks for making this thread Vaark, it was much needed.

I'm an eternal optimist, and I think that if we get a completely healthy Tannehill back there's no way to quantify the impact on our team.

Might as well swing for the fences on this one, I'm gonna say we challenge NE for the division this season.

This will be a top 10 offense book it. And I'm talking about scoring.
Around 25 points per games should get you there...if going by the last couple of years...the number 1 scoring offense was right at 30 PPG.

I honestly expect our O-line to improve. 2 factors to consider:

(a) Coaching
Last season was severely disrupted by the Coach Foerster cocaine snorting video and his prompt departure. An interim coach was brought in but this whole situation was a mess. In contrast Gase has got his guy in Dowell Loggains from Chicago Bears as his Offensive Coordinator who has brought his guy in Jeremiah Washburn to coach the O-line. There is clearly an opportunity for better stability in the coaching department. Ironically, the Vegas stripper who released the online video of Foerster actually did the Dolphins a big favor by exposing a massive personnel problem that had to be addressed.

(b) Players
In addition to the coaching upgrade, Loggains and Washburn have also brought in Josh Sittons to help upgrade the Guard position and to be the O-line team leader and from reports, Josh is already running the O-line room - he is a natural strong leader and enabled the release of Pouncey because they considered Sittons a better leader (remember Pouncey couldn't train with the other players on certain days because of his hip). They also traded to get Kilgore from the 49ers as part of the move to replace Pouncey. This was all done as a conscious decision to improve. The "Nervous Nellies" who are scared about Pouncey departing should take a breath and relax - Gase, Loggains, Washburn and Sittons have this base covered.
Surprise positive from last season was the emergence of Jesse Davis as an undrafted Free Agent and hopefully he can develop further. We also get Ju'Wuan James back from injury, which is good news.
The better coaching also offers scope to improve the development of Tunsil, James, Davis and who knows, maybe Asiata? Players like Larsen and Sam Young offer decent depth.

I'm more optimistic about our O-line than I have been for many years.
Really good post.....well done.

Back
Top Bottom