***Official Dolphins @ Panthers Game Night Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Dolphins @ Panthers Game Night Thread***

Kournikova

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi, everybody! :) Our Dolphins adjusted from a short practice week and will play their final NFC South Division interconference matchup of the season tonight as they travel 640 miles north to Charlotte to play the Carolina Panthers, as both teams start Week 11 of the 2009 NFL Regular Season. Dolphins are also making their first regular season visit at Charlotte since 1998.

Dolphins have a opportunity once again to even their 2009 regular season record to .500 with a win tonight as both teams currently have 4-5 records. Dolphins have only played, and won all three regular season games over the Panthers since Carolina entered the NFL back in 1995. Dolphins earlier defeated the Panthers in 13-9 on November 15, 1998 at Charlotte, and at Landshark Stadium 23-6 on November 4, 2001, and also a 27-24 win in the last meeting between the teams also at Miami back on September 25, 2005.

Bob Papa and Matt Millen will announce the live TV game commentary and analysis for The NFL Network's Thursday Night Football coverage on HD. Dolphins/Panthers can also be seen worldwide on the NFLN's live game internet link beginning at 8:00PM Eastern Standard Time.

Jimmy Cefalo, Jim Mandich, and Joe Rose will also announce the live radio game play-by-play and analysis on flagship station WQAM SportsRadio 560AM in Miami, and the Dolphins Radio Network.

Local weather forecast for tonight's 8:20PM Eastern Time kickoff at Bank Of America Stadium in Charlotte appears great for prime time football as there will be cool, clear evening skies at 56 degrees, no precipitation, 83% humidity, and very mild west/northwest winds at 3 miles per hour.

Visiting Dolphins will dress in their white jerseys and aqua pants, while the host Panthers will dress in their alternate blue jerseys, and silver pants.

I wish the Dolphins to play safe and smart football on the field, with the offense stepping up in ball movement now that Ronnie Brown is out for the season, and the defense to contain Jake Delhomme swarm the Panthers from gaining yards and points. I also wish our Fins to play with no turnovers, penalties, and especially no injuries. Let's see Head Coach Tony Sparano, Chad Henne and rest of the Fins try to win their fifth game of the season and stay alive in the AFC East Division, and NFL Playoff, and GO DOLPHINS!!!!!:woot::dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/schedule/dolphins-vs-panthers

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009111900/2009/REG11/dolphins@panthers

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork

NFL Network's Dolphins/Panthers Live Network Internet Link (Beginning At 8:00PM EST)

http://www.nfl.com/live/2009/landing

Getting to .500 would be a huge psychological lift for our Fins after going 0-3 to start the season, and losing Pennington, Cobbs, & Brown to injury. Not to mention beating a good Panthers team in their house.

I'm anxious to see what we've got against them.

Go Fins!

:woot:

Don't feel too good about this one as Carolina will be at their best at home playing on primetime.

I would feel a lot better about it if it wasn't a primetime game.

I don't feel too good about this one simply because Carolina looks like they have returned to their 12-4 form... Scary stuff.

I think this game will be a hard fought game that will come down to a final drive by on team or the other. Saying that I think the dolphins can still run the ball and execute their offense just as well even without ronnie.

Final Score: Dolphins 27
Panthers 23

Go Phins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will need to win the turnover battle to have a chance.

Jake hasn't thrown an INT in his last 3 games after looking like a turnover machine earlier in the year. I think he's due

don't you ?

I hope our coaching staff took a page out of Arizona's defensive gameplan against them there in the playoffs...

Their offense looked atrocious in that game.

I hope our coaching staff took a page out of Arizona's defensive gameplan against them there in the playoffs...

Their offense looked atrocious in that game.
I hope we bring out the old Ted Ginn WR reverse that was so effective for us last year. (See Raiders and Chiefs)

Tonight it's on Chad Henne. He's made strides every game this season. Carolina has a good pass D but I think with Ronnie out and the Wildcat somewhat compromised we will rely on the PA pass heavily and Ted Ginn will finally catch a couple deep balls. Sean Smith gets his first INT and Cam Wake gets multiple sacks. Dolphins 34 Panther 24. Go Fins!!!

Lets go phins!!!!!

Too bad I'll be working during the whole game and having to watch the game in the kitchen...oh well

Again, GO PHINS!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom