Official Dolphins-Panthers game thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by d-day, Aug 24, 2006.

1. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

Honestly, I'm sure Nick Saban and the Dolphins brass know more than I do and I will get bashed for this, but I find it very hard to believe Cleo Lemon is any better than AJ Feeley. Not that much better where it warrants trading Feeley for Lemon and giving up a draft pick.

2. 305TillIDie

305TillIDie Dade County Goonz

yeah..that too :lol:

3. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

Nice heads up play by Cleo Lemon in the end. :lol:

Worse case scenario: the guy tackles him down and he gets injured and is out for season. Which bumps Brock Berlin to the third string spot.

Then Daunte Culpepper knee swells up tommorow morning, and he will need season ending knee surgery. And Joey Harrington dies, natural causes.

Brock Berlin starter for 2006.

Damn, I put too much thought into this.

4. twg76

twg76 Proverbs 3:5-6

Eye-yie-yie.... Pathetic. The backups on offense looked like turds. I'm sorry to say that. That was the lowlight for sure. Basically, you could have watched the starters on the first drive of the second half and then turned off the TV. The offense did nothing after that.

The first string defense was DOMINATING. They held Carolina to 6 points. AWESOME!!! They are right where they need to be. The first string offense looks better. There were some MAJOR PLAYS in the passing game tonight with Culpepper and Harrington both at QB.

Special teams looked WEAK tonight. The return game was maybe average, but the kickoff and punt team couldn't tackle anything. That is why Miami lost.

GREAT TO SEE THE FINS BABY!!! THINGS ARE LOOKING UP!!! ONE MORE PRESEASON LEFT!!!

GO FINS!!! :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

5. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

:mad: BAN?

6. 305TillIDie

305TillIDie Dade County Goonz

Tropical Storm?

:foundout:

7. Vertical Limit

You guys take things too seriously. Sheesh.

8. Hasta

Hasta Well-Known Member

Is that a serious post? That trade was all about unloading Feeley's salary. It was one of the best trades we've made in a long time. Now we can cut Cleo if we need to and lose nothing.

9. endorPHINS72

endorPHINS72 Restore the greatness! Hammered

i was drunk & pissed. he made some tough catches during the game but he should have signalled for that fair catch a lot earlier.

10. Vertical Limit

So, are the Panthers Super Bowl contenders only if Steve Smith plays? They seem to be a one-dimensional team, without Steve Smith, Jake Delhomme has no one to throw to.

Not to take anything away from our secondary, but Sean Salisbury and the rest of ESPN were all talking about how much of a difference Keyshaun would make on this team. They really didn't impress me at all, except for their defensive line.

11. FinFan_Est.1984

FinFan_Est.1984 From Shula to The Tuna

Keyshaun is a great reciever and made that catch in the endzone that would have been a TD if he did not get called on PI. I do think that you are taking away from our secondary and especially our front seven which played beautifully today, not to mention Will Allen hustling and breaking up plays all over the place. I am very confident in our defense this year. No first downs allowed until the end of the 2nd quarter :D. Oh and by the way "Big Daddy" Wilkinson was a huge pickup by Saban (no pun intended).

12. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 Perennial All-Pro

wes welker is the toughest SOB that has been on this team for a long time, just two weeks until it is for real

13. lazareth

lazareth get your chief on...

he is pretty fearless and can sure take a hit, ill say that :lol:

14. Enforcerfin33

Enforcerfin33 Los Lonely Boys the Return....

That and for god's sake we handed him the job and he didn't want it, he doesn't want to be a starting QB, ANY QB that is comfortable with sitting on the bench better be a coach or a guy over 40. Other then that why waste your time with the QB? Your here to help the team win, not find your way to the sidelines.

15. PhinsRock

PhinsRock A True Fan

Feeley couldn't find his way to a first down, but he sure could find the sideline. Getting rid of him was a stroke of genius.