*** OFFICIAL DOLPHINS @ PATRIOTS GAME THREAD *** Week 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL DOLPHINS @ PATRIOTS GAME THREAD *** Week 17

Adam First

Excellence in Mediocrity
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
No more Dolphins football until August...
:(

200pxMiami_Dolphins_logosvg-1.png
@
200pxNew_England_Patriots_logosvg-1.png

CP_Gillette_650x350_litho.gif

at Gillette Stadium
Foxborough, Massachusetts

TELEVISION

week17-1.jpg

240pxNfloncbs_logopng-1.jpg

NFL on CBS HD (MIA@NE in RED)

Play-by-Play Analyst: Jim Nantz
Color Commentator: Phil Simms

Kickoff at 4:25 PM ET

INJURY REPORT
FP - Full Participation
LP - Limited Participation
DNP - Did Not Practice

Miami
Out
WR Davone Bess (back - DNP)

Questionable
G Josh Samuda (shoulder - LP)
DT Randy Starks (non-injury related - DNP)
CB Nolan Carroll (knee - LP)

Probable
WR Brian Hartline (back - FP)
WR Armon Binns (groin - FP)
LB Karlos Dansby (biceps - FP)
LB Koa Misi (ankle - LP)
CB Sean Smith (knee - LP)
S Chris Clemons (ankle - LP)
S Reshad Jones (hip - LP)

New England
Doubtful
CB Marquice Cole (finger - DNP)

Questionable
WR Wes Welker (ankle - LP)
WR Brandon Lloyd (knee - LP)
TE Rob Gronkowski (forearm - LP)
TE Aaron Hernandez (ankle - LP)
C Nick McDonald (shoulder - LP)
G Logan Mankins (ankle - LP)
G Dan Connolly (back - LP)
T Nate Solder (abdomen - LP)
T Sebastian Vollmer (back - LP)
DT Kyle Love (knee - LP)
DE Chandler Jones (ankle - LP)
LB Jerod Mayo (elbow - LP)
LB Dont'a Hightower (hamstring - LP)
LB Brandon Spikes (knee - LP)
LB Tracy White (elbow - LP)
LB Mike Rivera (ankle - LP)
CB Aqib Talib (hip - LP)
CB Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring - LP)
S Patrick Chung (shoulder - LP)
S Nate Ebner (hamstring - LP)

WEATHER
bknpng-1.jpg

Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph.
National Weather Service Taunton - Forecast for Gillette Stadium

GAME PREVIEWS
ESPN/STATS LLC / ESPN Analyst Picks (spoiler alert: they all picked New England)
Yahoo! Sports/Associated Press

[video=youtube;ukVNEwRLOUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukVNEwRLOUc[/video]

I am interested in this:

* Do the Fins show up and play hard or do they run for the bus?
* Do the Fins make this their playoff game or do they freeze up in the cold weather?
* Do they concentrate and secure the cold, slick ball or do they put the ball on the carpet left and right?
* Do they square up and tackle or do they shy away from contact and reach and grab tackle.

I think Philbin did a nice job this week blast the AC in the practice bubble. I want to see the team show up and play hard...be physical.

I think Philbin did a nice job this week blast the AC in the practice bubble. I want to see the team show up and play hard...be physical.

There's a big snowstorm blowing through right now, but the snow should stop in the pre-dawn hours. There will be snow piled up on the sidelines though, for sure.

I can't believe it's already week 17. No NHL to get through the winter. It's going to be a long off season.

Operation Piss in Brady and Belichick's Cheerios in full effect. Go shock the world and finish the season on a high note gentlemen.

punk-ass Foxboro fans start throwing snow up in the air like back in 2001, I can't promise my tv will make it out alive!

As us fans of our beloved Miami Dolphins embark on the close of the 2012 season. We can cheer as loud as we can one more time before the curtain falls and 2013 will be upon us fast. Let's go into Foxhole and send those ***triots to the #4 Seed! For me today makes 31 years of being a fan of our MIAMI DOLPHINS. Hope to celebrate with a W tomorrow!!!!! GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!

Brady tied Johnny Unitas' record for TD passes against the Jags last week, leaving him 7 behind Brees' record. He'll tie it by week 6 next season (playoffs don't count) unless he doesn't throw one in his next seven reg. season games

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to see how mentally tough this Fins team is today.

My point about the mental toughness aspect is that the Fins need to stem the tide of all the factors that favor the Pats. New England is pissed from playing poorly last week. The crowd will pumped to have Miami in town with wintery weather they have. The Pats will be stoked to have Gronkowski back. Finally, they want to be playing well going into the playoffs.

Saying all of that, the Fins must match their intensity. Stay in the game early. Don't give the Pats gifts early (like the last game we had with them). Through physical and steady play, show the Pats they are in for dogfight today.

The Fins have something to play for...time to battle the adversity and make a statement on national tv.

anyone get that feeling like we are about to be crushed today by the patriots? we played them very close at home and made it for a tough game for them. I think they have a point to prove today while also trying for a bye week in the playoffs. Dont get your hopes up fin fans.

anyone get that feeling like we are about to be crushed today by the patriots? we played them very close at home and made it for a tough game for them. I think they have a point to prove today while also trying for a bye week in the playoffs. Dont get your hopes up fin fans.

The Dolphins have to be tough...both physically and mentally.

guess i aint as quick to accept a butt kicking as you guys are ......finz up

Back
Top Bottom