***Official Dolphins @ Titans Game Day Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Dolphins @ Titans Game Day Thread***

Kournikova

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi, everybody! :) Our 7-6 Dolphins play their last regular season road game of the season as they travel 810 miles northwest to Nashville to play the 6-7 Tennessee Titans for a 1:00PM kickoff. A win today, and a loss by the Patriots at the Buffalo Bills this afternoon would mean a tie in the AFC East with 8-6 records, and keep our Fins alive to play in the postseason in the NFL Playoffs.

Dolphins defeated the Titans 13-10 in their last regular season meeting at Landshark Stadium back in 2008. Fins last victory in Tennessee was 31-23 on Opening Week 2001 back in September 9. Titans won the last meeting in Nashville 31-7 back in November 9, 2003. Dolphins though currently leads the all-time regular season series 17-13, and Jeff Fisher record over the Dolphins is 6-2 since he was named Head Coach.

Richard Enberg and Dan Fouts will announce the TV game commentary for The NFL On CBS, seen regionally in half of the US including WFOR CBS 4 televising locally in Miami on HD.

Former Fins Jimmy Cefalo, Jim Mandich, and Joe Rose will also announce the live radio game play-by-play and analysis on flagship station WQAM SportsRadio 560AM, and the Dolphins Radio Network.

Clear and partly cloudy skies is forecast at LP Field in Nashville for this afternoon's 1:00PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff with temeperature at 37 degrees, feels like 32 degrees, 10% precipitation, 67% humidity, and mild west/southwest winds at 6 miles per hour.

I wish our Fins to play with no injuries, and continue their destiny to defend their AFC East championship, and reach the postseason. GO DOLPHINS!!!!!:woot::dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/schedule/titans-vs-dolphins

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009122008/2009/REG15/dolphins@titans

http://the506.com/nflmaps/2009/15-CBS.html

underatedly even though unlikely, is if we win tomorrow and the pats lose, we can clinch the division next week with a win and a pats and jets loss.

unlikely, yes, but the possibility is a little exciting. first thing first though is lets take care of the titans.

My take, the Dolphins need to come out strong like they did against Jax. But they need to keep attacking, do everything possible to make the Titans throw the ball.

Prediction:

Henne 25-42 212 passing yards 2 TD 1 INT

Williams 88 rushing yards, 25 receiving yards

Starks 2 sacks, Taylor FF

And the most daring prediction of all...

Dolphins will hold Chris Johnson to under 80 yards rushing

Dolphins win 24-17

attachment.php

This is a very close game that likely comes down to the final possession. Henne should have a good day against that secondary, so I say he throws for 220 yds 1 td. Ricky should still be able to run well so he gets 90 yds and 1 td. In terms of our defense I think we can limit the damages that Chris Johnson will likely cause us. I don't see Young being much of a passing threat, but I do respect his ability to scramble and extend plays. Close game, but like always the phins find a way to win.

Phins: 27
Titans:23

Wake knocks Young out of the game. Also gets 2 sacks. Nate Jones, 1 int and a sack. Ginn and Nate Washington get in a cat fight on the field.

I'm not gonna make a prediction but I will say this is gonna be game that will be equivalent to WAR. LETS GET EM FINS.

Hi, everybody! :) Our Dolphins travel to Nashville to play the Titans for a 1:00PM kickoff. A win today, and a loss by the Patriots at Bills this afternoon would mean a tie in the AFC East with 8-6 records, and keep our Fins alive to play in the postseason in the NFL Playoffs.

I wish our Fins to play with no injuries, and GO DOLPHINS!!!!!:woot::dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

How do you figure it would be a tie in the AFC east... a loss by the Pats to the Bills would give them a worse division record than ours, and we would be in 1'st place in the AFC east...

It would not be a "tie" since we would own the tiebreaker.. if we win tomorrow and the pats lose, every website/show/sportscenter etc will have the Dolphins as leading in the AFC East, not tied.

I mean come on now let's at least give our Fins credit where it's due!! It wouldn't just "keep us alive" in the NFL playoffs, it would actually make it so the Fins FINALLY control their own destiny for the playoffs!!

Back
Top Bottom