***Official Dolphins @ Vikings Game Day Thread**** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Dolphins @ Vikings Game Day Thread****

Kournikova

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! Let's hope our Dolphins can win their first game of the regular season as they travel back up north and try to upset Brett Favre and the Vikings. Kickoff from the Metrodome in Minneapolis, and WFOR CBS 4 will televise the game in Miami beginning at 1:00PM Eastern Time. GO DOLPHINS!!!!!:woot::dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

Hi, everyone! Let's hope our Dolphins can win their first game of the regular season as they travel back up north and try to upset Brett Favre and the Vikings. Kickoff from the Metrodome in Minneapolis, and WFOR CBS 4 will televise the game in Miami beginning at 1:00PM Eastern Time. GO DOLPHINS!!!!!:woot::dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

You mean win our 2nd game of the season.......GO DOLPHINS!!!!!

First game? Second game of regular season.

These are my last words for the Dolphins before the game starts tomorrow. Do not get distracted. Leave your worries off the field. Keep focused and stay focused out there. The Dolphins need to focus on each other. Coaches need to stay on top of their team. Don't fall asleep on the sidelines. AND NO ONE take on too much. We will need plays from everybody to win this game. Do NOT turn this into an ego match with Brett Favre and Adrian Peterson. They are who they are. Let them be. Focus on our team, our defense, and our offense. Our players are who will get this done. Stay focused.

On defense, plaster them. Pressure Favre. Don't let up. We need to get creative with our blitzes. Don't give Favre time in the pocket. Peterson likes to make one dance move and then get up field. If he tries that dance move on you, TAKE HIS FEET OUT AND SPILL HIM TO THE TURF. Gang tackle. Team defense will win this.

On offense, we have to get a ground game going. Pound the rock. Draw plays work against the Vikes. Put Henne in the shotgun more. It worked most of the time for the Saints. Also, roll Henne out. Keep a good mix and balance of run and pass. But we must have a good ground game. Make the most out of each run. Get those extra couple yards on each run. That will add up at the end of the game. Let's not have a shootout here. PLEASE!!!... don't get ****y out there with Brett Favre on the other side dying to break out with a an explosive game passing the ball. Run the ball. Sustain long drives. Stay composed. Stay humble. Make each play count and get the most from each play. No turnovers. If it isn't happening, throw it away and regroup on the sidelines for the next series.

Good luck! I know this team can win. Stay humble and let this be a chance to grow into something special this season. Stay focused on the Dolphins and do what it takes to win. Stay humble.

fox sports is showing the game tomorrow here in venezuela, AND i get jets/pats after as well. could be a great day. dont have my hopes up for this one, weren't the vikes undefeated at home last year? or close to it at least. hopefully we can exploit that secondary

i Honestly dont know what to expect. The bills did not tell me much, they werent a very good team.

Stop ap and favre!!

First off, I am concerned about AP going off! We have to maintain our pursuit lanes and bottle him up all day! Then we have to POUND the chosen one FAVRE!In his WRANGLER face all day!! Then we have to keep JOE DIRT and his mullet off Henne!! Let's go PHINS!!

We need to air it out to marshall a little more. Eating up the clock with dinks and dunks won't do against favre and crew. Favre can lead his offense to score in seconds, while we eat up 8 min of the clock and wind up with a field goal. No sir, cant have that today

I've gotten less confident as the week has gone on. Same thing happened last week when we played Buffalo. The closer it got, the more worried I became. I just need to see some more Dolphins football. Things I'll be keeping an eye on include...

- Jake Long has a chance to really solidify his position in the top 2 or 3 left tackles in the game if he can shut down Jared Allen. This should be an excellent matchup and should be an exciting battle to watch all game long.

- The secondary was outstanding last week, but one thing stood out-- they were unable to hold onto interceptions. Game changing plays are critical against elite teams. We will need to see the Dolphins make some on both sides of the ball tomorrow.

- Miami Defense is going to have their handful with Adrian Peterson, but if they can shut down the run, I believe we can force Favre into throwing balls into tight coverage, giving our defensive backs a chance to pick some off.

- Chad Henne is going to have to bring his A game tomorrow if we want to have a chance. It's pretty clear Miami will likely not have much success running at the Williams Wall, so look for Chad Henne to pass early and often.

- Brandon Marshall should get some excellent matchups against the banged up Vikings secondary. Both Chris Cook and Cedric Griffin likely won't play, leaving them playing safeties at corner. I expect Marshall to have multiple deep balls thrown his way.

- It's no secret that Jason Allen was sensational last week, but how long will that last is the question. Can Jason Allen play at a high level again this week, and continue to ward off Sean Smith from reclaiming his starting job? I sure hope so, because Smith has looked anything but impressive this preseason

Can't wait until 1 tomorrow, should be a good one.

Back
Top Bottom