**Official Dolphins Vs. Bucs Game Thread** | Page 81 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official Dolphins Vs. Bucs Game Thread**

Dolfan2788 said:
It doesn't matter if it's preseason, if this happens during preseason and we don't see him alter his ways (which we haven't) then Saban can't afford to put him on the field during the regular season and he was a 1st round pick. He turns into a liability and he has to sit on the sidelines whilst raking in $9 Million garaunteed.

Huh?

Of course he is going to alter his ways, thats why there is preseason? So what he got 9 million, people act like they have a grudge against him because of that . . Liability? Did u watch the game? He was solid tonight at safety, Nick is trying him out at corner because we are banged up . . another reason he got that 9 million, he is versatile . . he is not god he is learning, what is he 22? Geez man give the kid a break, he has to learn a completly new and complicated system for 2 positions. Yea he was off on the play, and that will be adjusted but man get off the man, he will be great. Nobody is going to put him on the field if he can't play . . . he played more minutes than anybody else did tonight, and was quietly having a solid game, why do people want to point out the one bad play instead of the solid playing he did on the field. Its a luxury to have a talent like him trying to learn the second position just in case . . very rare to see a safety play CB, he is a kid that can do that, let him learn the position and stop downing the man because of a mistake in preseason.

Fairweather fans are non finheaven VIP so hurry up, join and support this message board.:D

Shoes said:
AFC East Preseason first place alone (at least for a half hour or so)....the season hasn't started so I want to get excited

Well the Jets are up 17-3, Pats up 23-3, I think it's safe to say we have a share of 1st place.

DolphinDevil28 said:
But he's got to get better.

Only a little over two weeks till the opener. Jason Allen HAS to improve.

Yes, I'm giving him time. You guys on here know I'm a huge optimist. But I'm not blind.

The guy has GOT to get better in a few weeks.
yep..i hope this kid get his stuff together soon

Dolfan2788 said:
It doesn't matter if it's preseason, if this happens during preseason and we don't see him alter his ways (which we haven't) then Saban can't afford to put him on the field during the regular season and he was a 1st round pick. He turns into a liability and he has to sit on the sidelines whilst raking in $9 Million garaunteed.
Bingo.

Sorry, just like Dolfan2788 said, it doesn't matter if it's preseason. Only thing that doesn't matter in preseason is our record, but evaluating our players to see who is good to go in the regular season is another thing.

Jason Allen already gave up THREE 50 yard plays this preseason. And for gods sakes, he is getting burned by Tampa Bay's third stringers. He has alot of work to get done before we can name him a starter; which sucks because we chose him with our 16th pick overall and he held out and missed alot of training camp.

Tillman and Hill so far looks to me to be our starting safeties for the Pittsburgh game and will remain the starters untill Jason redeems himself and prove to us that he can become an impact player on our defense.

To contend, we have to put our best players on the field. This isn't a rebuilding year like last season, we are actually trying to compete this season.

Shoes said:
AFC East Preseason first place alone (at least for a half hour or so)....the season hasn't started so I want to get excited
horse triler player of the game Big daddy 3 tackles 1.5 sacks.......Player of the game Jack Hunt 5 tackles 1 int:dolphins:

Dolfan2788 said:

This is why they need to do something with the pay scale for rookies.

In my opinion they are way over paid compared to tried and true vets.:rolleyes2

We all know that eventually Allen will come around but right now as it stands
he is a lost soul out there and not worth $90 never mind 9 million...:boohoo:

With more time he will improve but I bet he is kicking himself in the as@
for not getting into camp earlier ...and if he's not kicking himself in the as@
COACH SABAN will be:lol:

DolphinDevil28 said:

At CB or S... just remember that he is playing 2 positions... so you have to give him more slack.

DolphinDevil28 said:

Yes, I'm giving him time. You guys on here know I'm a huge optimist. But I'm not blind.

The guy has GOT to get better in a few weeks.

True. Hopefully with this experience it helps him.

Sethdaddy8 said:
good game boys. giving up one td pass for 48 yards, like it or not, is an improvement over 4 passes of 50. Jason Allen getting continuing to get trucked and burnt is very scary. true nfl greats come right out of the gate. guys like zack, JT, even channing...they impress in the begining. they dont make you say...."give him time".

What about Ronnie last year?

Back
Top Bottom