**Official Dolphins Vs. Bucs Game Thread** | Page 83 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official Dolphins Vs. Bucs Game Thread**

dolphan13 said:
Where was vick? I wanted to see him!!!

He had a nice little punt return, he and Joey were off on a connection, tuff play, maybe Vick should have readjusted his route because the blitz was on, but he didn't do much at WR tonight, but looks to have a firm grasp on a spot based on Special Teams returning ability.

Roman529 said:
Did Welker play?? :shakeno:

Yea Welker returned a few punts, didn't catch anything . . iono, I'm confused right now on the WR situation on this team . . I would think Chambers, Booker and HAgan will definetly be WR's on this team. Gibson had a nice night, Vick and Welker are gonna be tuff to leave out the mix. I would think this is gonna be the 6 that make it. Campbell needs to get healthy and Russell has probably have to do more, tho he had a nice grab tonight. Iono man, good problem to have.

Kdawg954 said:
Yea Welker returned a few punts, didn't catch anything . . iono, I'm confused right now on the WR situation on this team . . I would think Chambers, Booker and HAgan will definetly be WR's on this team. Gibson had a nice night, Vick and Welker are gonna be tuff to leave out the mix. I would think this is gonna be the 6 that make it. Campbell needs to get healthy and Russell has probably have to do more, tho he had a nice grab tonight. Iono man, good problem to have.

i doubt we keep 6 WRs....welker will probably start the season at #3, but will rotate in some situations with Hagan.

Nappy Roots said:
i doubt we keep 6 WRs....welker will probably start the season at #3, but will rotate in some situations with Hagan.

U are probably right, with the team leaning towards 3 TE's plus carrying 2 FB's, leaves less room somewhere. Probably gonna be down to Gibson and Vick if its 5. Gibson has looked better and has the height we don't have in any other receiver, Vick with the ST return ability and slash ability. Definetly will be decided these last 2 games.

Kdawg954 said:
Critisicm? Nah man u are blasting the man . . u wanna criticize a part of the game . . criticize the false starts, criticize the pass protection . . do it constructively. U called him a liability? lol, man he is "out of position" he didn't play CB in college, and he made a mistake, he is learning, geezus . . we are fortunate to teach him the CB position, and he is fortunate to have the coaches around him to make him successful . . but to blast a guy that is in the learning process is just wrong. He would not have played the most plays on Defense than anybody else if the coach didn't want him to get that vital experience or didn't have the confidence in him.

Yeah, i'm blasting him alright. Blasting him would be saying what a bust he was and why did Saban pick him and he is doomed for eternity and should never play again.
1. He did play CB in college and has had nearly a full week of practise at CB.
2. I know he is learning but it is coming across slowly and he needs to learn quicker if he wants to contribute significantly in the regular season
3. Why are you even talking about criticizing pass protection and false starts? I know they are bad, I don't even need to say it, Anderson was the main culprit and he will pay for that but we are talking about Jason Allen here and this stemmed directly from the play he got burnt on, not pass protection and false starts. Talk about the subject and don't try and put implied words in my mouth whilst your doing it.

To put it all in perspective, here is my point of view overall.
I understand that he is learning and that he is learning 2 positions. But they are both positions he has played at whilst in college and one of his big calling cards was that he was versatile in the secondary. I hope this week he can really pick up on some of the schemes and that Saban helps him along with learning the defense with more depth. He needs to pick up on the learning curve because I want our first round pick to be able to play without thinking that he is going to be involved in giving up huge plays because he bites too quickly on a fake or doesn't get back quick enough to give deep help. 3 50+ yard completions in which he was involved in against 3rd stringers and in 1 Jacksonville case first stringers is a bit worrying to me at the moment but I am pretty sure he can pick it up.

Having said this, I don't think it means that I can't get angry because he gets trucked twice and gives up big plays.

Dolfan2788 said:
Yeah, i'm blasting him alright. Blasting him would be saying what a bust he was and why did Saban pick him and he is doomed for eternity and should never play again.
1. He did play CB in college and has had nearly a full week of practise at CB.
2. I know he is learning but it is coming across slowly and he needs to learn quicker if he wants to contribute significantly in the regular season
3. Why are you even talking about criticizing pass protection and false starts? I know they are bad, I don't even need to say it, Anderson was the main culprit and he will pay for that but we are talking about Jason Allen here and this stemmed directly from the play he got burnt on, not pass protection and false starts. Talk about the subject and don't try and put implied words in my mouth whilst your doing it.

Oookkkk, so saying that "he" gave up 3 50 yard TD's (defense gave them up, not him alone) and saying that "he" is a liability to the defense is not blasting a player and singling out a player on the D . . than I don't know what is. Look man, all I'm saying is give the man some time . . u just pointed out that he had "a full week of practice" at CB, that BS, he was playing safety and they were trying him out at corner, and on top of that, what can a full week of practice do when u primarily played safety in college. Then u say he hasn't been able to adjust so he wont be able to help the team and must ride the bench making guaranteed money . . sounds like disgust and anger over criticism man. If u wanna have a fair assessment of the situation, u don't throw a comment in there like that, u look past the business portion of the game and u look at the player. To say he wont be ready to make an impact for this team is premature, even if he has made mistakes, u are being too hard on this cat, and for reasons stated earlier it would be fair to let him learn from his mistakes and give him the time needed to be the special player he is capable of. Sure I wanna "criticize him" but damn half the people in here are blasting him so I gotta defend him.

And I don't use that missed practice time as a crutch for him, he made a mistake and trust me Nick will get on him about it in practice, I'm glad he making mistakes and I am more glad Nick got on him, u gotta light a fire under a player like him, and I'm positive Jason will come out the rest of this preseason and into the regular season with a chip on his shoulder.

Maybe he wont turn it around, I'm not gonna say he is gonna be a pro bowler this year . . hell maybe he never see's the field, but all i know is its too early to make judgement on a guy who is in the situation that Jason is in, especially because of one play in particular tonight . . one play shouldn't cause all this.

russel is better at this point than vick. gibson hagan definately

LoneWulF said:
russel is better at this point than vick. gibson hagan definately

Yea I tend to agree, definetly stat wise. But I am a Vick fan, and I'm rooting for him to make this team, if not more than a project player (I know alot of people gonna say we don't have the luxury to do that, but I think we do). Also, Vick has been getting swarmed in the game. Triple coverage in Jville, they didn't wanna kick to him . . and tonight he had a little miscommunication with Joey H, but he had a nice return on a punt. Russell has looked better, but can he bring what Vick can bring? I mean think about it, we are talking about the number 5 receiver spot. Russell just gonna be there for maybe a play a game . . Vick can do returns, QB, still play wide out, trick plays I mean and he is young as hell, why not take a chance on the player with more upside if the difference at one position is not great.

Man this WR situation is tough....I mean even Gibson is performing, Devin Aromatheropy even had a nice catch :lol: and the more I see him the more I think Vick will make the team

Saban definitly isnt in an envyable position to have to choose

tmny99 said:
Vick makes the team with Aromashadou on PS.

Yea I think its safe to say the Aroma is gonna be PS material this year . . I still think we got a steal with him in the 7th round and will be a factor next year hopefully. I have been saying Vick will make it, but he needs to have a better game at receiver, right now he is behind, with ST making up the difference but he needs to come out next week and demand the ball and make plays.

I must be the only person stuck on Chambers, Booker, Hagan, Gibson, & Vick.

I really believe Vick can handle the return duties, and I don't see enough potential in Wes Welker to believe he'll improve much more as a receiver, and we have plenty of special teams players. The only way I wonna see Welker stick on is if we're keeping 6 WR's. Nonetheless, Welker is more than likely a lock to make the team.....

Aromashadu = practice squad. Campbell looks screwed by his injuries, as usual.

Williams, Murphy, Broussard, etc. - I don't care if we ever see them again, no offense.

Back
Top Bottom