**Official Dolphins Vs. Bucs Game Thread** | Page 82 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official Dolphins Vs. Bucs Game Thread**

Vertical Limit said:
Bingo.

Sorry, just like Dolfan2788 said, it doesn't matter if it's preseason. Only thing that doesn't matter in preseason is our record, but evaluating our players to see who is good to go in the regular season is another thing.

Jason Allen already gave up THREE 50 yard plays this preseason. And for gods sakes, he is getting burned by Tampa Bay's third stringers. He has alot of work to get done before we can name him a starter; which sucks because we chose him with our 16th pick overall and he held out and missed alot of training camp.

Tillman and Hill so far looks to me to be our starting safeties for the Pittsburgh game and will remain the starters untill Jason redeems himself and prove to us that he can become an impact player on our defense.

To contend, we have to put our best players on the field. This isn't a rebuilding year like last season, we are actually trying to compete this season.
Ill foward your thoughts on this matter directly to St Nick:shakeno:

FinNasty said:
At CB or S... just remember that he is playing 2 positions... so you have to give him more slack.
Give him some slack? :lol:

You hear that Saban? Give Jason Allen some slack.

Why do people say Jason Allen gave up 3 50 yard TD's this season. The Defense gave up 5 40 yard plays for TD. Too funny man . . I'm gonna remember this thread later this season when JAllen is balling out and see all the over anxious fin fans hyperventalating in this thread.

We don't know what the defense was on any of those plays, I know what it is, everybody saw Nick getting excited on the sidelines towards Allen, now everybody must get on the rook as well, man if Nick would jump off a bridge I think half the people in this thread would jump with him lol.

joeyme_2004 said:
I didnt mean to offend anyone and i choose the wrong word with Fairweather fan. I was just saying give JA a little more time before we judge.

My apologies

Everythings fine (on my end anyway). I do expect him to get better. My own frustration comes from the fact that he didn't have to miss those practices.

:dolphins: :dolphins:

slyfox13 said:
Ill foward your thoughts on this matter directly to St Nick:shakeno:
I think Nick got the message. Hell, he ripped Jason so bad, Jason was about to go Manny Wright on him.

Vertical Limit said:
Give him some slack? :lol:

You hear that Saban? Give Jason Allen some slack.

No, I am saying as fans, we shouldnt be so critical... and hold him to such high expectations on only his first week working at and learning CB.

FinNasty said:
What about Ronnie last year?

Running backs are at the mercy of thier lines and coaches quite a bit more. They are not set up to make single handed plays as much. And as much faith as I have in Ronnie...he has yet to become a dominant NFL running back... You raise your point like he ran for 1500 yds and 12 td's last year. He had flashes of brilliance last year, but he needs this season to be mentioned with the likes of LT or Shaun Alexander. And believeme, noone hopes for that more than I.

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, this is preseason! there was a measurable difference between this game and the one against the Jags. Next week will be better than this week and so on. The are teaching these new players our style of defense.

Allen came in late, they are playing him at two positions and we are limited at CB right now. Give the kid a break!

We are to quick to glorify and to quick to bury, let the preseason takes its course.

Kdawg954 said:
Huh?

Of course he is going to alter his ways, thats why there is preseason? So what he got 9 million, people act like they have a grudge against him because of that . . Liability? Did u watch the game? He was solid tonight at safety, Nick is trying him out at corner because we are banged up . . another reason he got that 9 million, he is versatile . . he is not god he is learning, what is he 22? Geez man give the kid a break, he has to learn a completly new and complicated system for 2 positions. Yea he was off on the play, and that will be adjusted but man get off the man, he will be great. Nobody is going to put him on the field if he can't play . . . he played more minutes than anybody else did tonight, and was quietly having a solid game, why do people want to point out the one bad play instead of the solid playing he did on the field. Its a luxury to have a talent like him trying to learn the second position just in case . . very rare to see a safety play CB, he is a kid that can do that, let him learn the position and stop downing the man because of a mistake in preseason.

You didn't even reply to what I wrote.

I said, in a nutshell that if he does not alter the way he is playing and keeps giving up 50+ yard pass plays then he turns into a liability and Saban cannot afford to play him in the regular season which is very sad for a 1st round pick.
When did I say that he played bad the whole game? It doesn't matter if he plays solid, if he gives up a 50 yard pass play once a fortnight that cancels everything out and more.
People point out 1 bad play, as I have said about 4 times now, because the Dolphins, as a team just cannot afford to give up massive plays once in while and then say 'owell he played fairly solid, only got trucked twice and burnt once today'. It's simply not acceptable, and by the way, when did I knock his versatility? Of course he is versatile he is playing CB and S and Saban thinks he is capable of it, that's a given, but just because your versatile does not mean that you are clear of receiving any criticism.

Look at the Picture. Reminds you of someone?
clear.gif

Marino_Dan_NFL_2-1.jpg

Kdawg954 said:
Why do people say Jason Allen gave up 3 50 yard TD's this season. The Defense gave up 5 40 yard plays for TD. Too funny man . . I'm gonna remember this thread later this season when JAllen is balling out and see all the over anxious fin fans hyperventalating in this thread.

We don't know what the defense was on any of those plays, I know what it is, everybody saw Nick getting excited on the sidelines towards Allen, now everybody must get on the rook as well, man if Nick would jump off a bridge I think half the people in this thread would jump with him lol.

Who the hell is hyperventilating?

No-one is saying that he is a bust, a lot of people on the other hand are saying, 'damn, why did he holdout?' Because it is showing now that he is going to have a really hard time trying to get a starting spot if he is a liability in the secondary because he doesn't know the playbook.

Dolfan2788 said:
You didn't even reply to what I wrote.

I said, in a nutshell that if he does not alter the way he is playing and keeps giving up 50+ yard pass plays then he turns into a liability and Saban cannot afford to play him in the regular season which is very sad for a 1st round pick.
When did I say that he played bad the whole game? It doesn't matter if he plays solid, if he gives up a 50 yard pass play once a fortnight that cancels everything out and more.
People point out 1 bad play, as I have said about 4 times now, because the Dolphins, as a team just cannot afford to give up massive plays once in while and then say 'owell he played fairly solid, only got trucked twice and burnt once today'. It's simply not acceptable, and by the way, when did I knock his versatility? Of course he is versatile he is playing CB and S and Saban thinks he is capable of it, that's a given, but just because your versatile does not mean that you are clear of receiving any criticism.

Critisicm? Nah man u are blasting the man . . u wanna criticize a part of the game . . criticize the false starts, criticize the pass protection . . do it constructively. U called him a liability? lol, man he is "out of position" he didn't play CB in college, and he made a mistake, he is learning, geezus . . we are fortunate to teach him the CB position, and he is fortunate to have the coaches around him to make him successful . . but to blast a guy that is in the learning process is just wrong. He would not have played the most plays on Defense than anybody else if the coach didn't want him to get that vital experience or didn't have the confidence in him.

Back
Top Bottom