***Official Dolphins Vs. Falcons Preseason Game Night Thread*** | Page 64 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Dolphins Vs. Falcons Preseason Game Night Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
or maybe you are always here with something to cry about???

Yep that's it my team plays like sit and I'm a cry baby! Maybe you should stick to the lame mom jokes? But since you are always so full of football knowledge prove any of my observations wrong!

Yep that's it my team plays like sit and I'm a cry baby! Maybe you should stick to the lame mom jokes? But since you are always so full of football knowledge prove any of my observations wrong!

Don't pay him any mind.

Man oh man, The 1st team D actually played pretty damn good. Davis was lights out, Bell was good, Clemons was good, Smith was ehh..All i all I'm pleased with the way the 1st team D played.

Th O on the other hand looked like ****, no argument from me there. But last week they looked unstoppable so i don't know which one is for real

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't pay him any mind.

Hang on let me get in the right state of mind. Rah Rah Orange and aqua pompoms Rah Rah! D looked great! Sean Smith locked it down! Great pass rush! Moving Stark to NT created the best nt ever! Misi dominates in open space! Oline blew everyone off the ball! Rah Rah aqua n orange pompoms! Yay orange and teal blinders!

Hang on let me get in the right state of mind. Rah Rah Orange and aqua pompoms Rah Rah! D looked great! Sean Smith locked it down! Great pass rush! Moving Stark to NT created the best nt ever! Misi dominates in open space! Oline blew everyone off the ball! Rah Rah aqua n orange pompoms! Yay orange and teal blinders!

LOL! Actually Starks has looked damn good in the pre-seaso IMO. I see a Ratliff type, O-line last week was amazing this week was ehh. Misi is a strong *** mofo, will get better a season goes on, needs work, Smith, well yeah

LOL! Actually Starks has looked damn good in the pre-seaso IMO. I see a Ratliff type, O-line last week was amazing this week was ehh. Misi is a strong *** mofo, will get better a season goes on, needs work, Smith, well yeah

Vernon Gholston is strong as hell too! That doesn't mean crap, Misi isnt setting the edge, he isn't in the back field and it is 50/50 at best if hr makes open field tackle. Stark should be in his prime as a DE not converting to nt. Besides I don't want Ratliff I want Wilfork, Jenkins, or Rodgers!

Vernon Gholston is strong as hell too! That doesn't mean crap, Misi isnt setting the edge, he isn't in the back field and it is 50/50 at best if hr makes open field tackle. Stark should be in his prime as a DE not converting to nt. Besides I don't want Ratliff I want Wilfork, Jenkins, or Rodgers!

But Misi actually has talent, Gholson ot so much. Not me I like athletic NTs, Solai can come i and be a fat ****

But Misi actually has talent, Gholson ot so much. Not me I like athletic NTs, Solai can come i and be a fat ****

Let's agree on one thing. Sean Smith is the worst corner in the league! He looked like the flipping special Olympics on that double move!

Just watched the replay, and I probably won't be adding anything that hasn't already been said, but oh boy, they looked pretty awful.

The good:

Vontae Davis took a little step up tonight. Hard hitting, great coverage, and forcing turnovers. He was a beast.

Dan Carpenter played well. Hitting a 53 yarder with some room to spare.

Roberto Wallace had a nice game. He made a couple tough catches, and ran pretty hard after catch.

Paul Soliai was pretty stout in there.

The Bad

Henne was really bad in this game. I've read he played well, and we had drops. Horse dookey, he checked down a lot, wasn't very accurate with several throws, and stared down. OL didn't help.

Offensive line was owned by the Falcons front in both pass rush and run blocking. It was miserable out there.

Defensive line was owned by the Falcons front in both pass rush and run blocking. It was pretty miserable out there.

Sean Smith was putrid. He was lucky not to have given up two more TD's. We need to do something about him, either get better, or get off the field.

Return game was brutal. Nothing resembling a spark on returns. Get a guy to do both off another team's cut list.

Dan Henning had a tough night. I don't know if it was by design, but the inside handoffs have to be cut down. The dumpoffs need to be lessened. Push the ball down the field a little more. We come out of a tough half, with all that time to devise something, and we go swing pass, inside run, inside run, incompletion, punt.

Nolan I hope is saving something for the regular season, which I believe he is, but that pass rush is non-existant. Where is Cameron Wake, he is still on the team, correct?

Covering the TE was abysmal. They would show a highlight of Dansby covering TG, and I thought, "he's open by two yards, just a bad throw." It got worse from there, as the TE was open all game.

Every backup CB was awful, but the lack of pass rush didn't help.

Our LDE was abused most of the game, until Grant came in in the second half, we were pushed around all over the place on that side. Odrick seemed to hold up well on the RDE spot.

Kick coverage was again pretty poor.

Penalties. They continued to be a problem.

Conclusion:

Hopefully, nothing. It's a preseason game. However, if you saw the total domination that the Falcons had on both sides of the ball, on just a pure one on one situation, you can't help but be a little disheartened. I really wonder where some of the talent is on this team, and I wonder how long it is going to take to get some of it in here. Note to Dan Henning, it's not illegal to make a play where the ball travels more than 10 yards in the air on 2nd & 9. It's pre-season, the games mean nothing. The good Bills teams never played well in pre-season. The Colts still never do.

Let's hope our Dolphins are playing possum, and not playing the way they will in a few short weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom