***Official Dolphins vs. Jaguars Thread*** | Page 92 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Dolphins vs. Jaguars Thread***

28 points (actually 24)

given up on passes over 50 yards for touchdowns.....doesn't matter what string....thats isn't good. Other than that....oops two missed field goals....not to bad for the first pre season game.

USMC_GUNZ said:
given up on passes over 50 yards for touchdowns.....doesn't matter what string....thats isn't good. Other than that....oops two missed field goals....not to bad for the first pre season game.

Saban will get on the DBs.

Mr. Reality said:
Sometimes I don't know if I come here to talk football or for entertainment, meaning to LAUGH at all of the folks who jump to conclusions. I'm only listening to the game but it sounds like the staff is throwing all kinds of blitzes at the Jags with the 3rd and 4th string defensive players and basically hanging the young secondary out to dry. Anyone who's putting any stock in this is overreacting. Our starters were up 10-0, that's good, but even that doesn't mean much. I've seen the teams that struggle to win 3 games go unbeaten in preseason and I've seen teams like the Bills of the early 90's look pitiful in Preaseason then with the AFC East and play in the SB too many times to even worry one bit about preaseason.

I agree. Dolphins go up 10-0 and they are going to the SuperBowl. Dolphins lose this game and they suck! WHO CARES?? This is preseason and doesn't mean much in the greater picture. Guys are being evaluated if they are going to make the team or not. Can't take anything out of this game except that it was the first preseason game of the year. Nothing more, nothing less. No injuries is a great thing. Some players stood out--others did not. This game helps the coaching staff decide what things they need to work on from here on out--1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th string alike. Nothing more--nothing less.

nikeair497 said:
sounds like someones upset berlin shut them up. haha
um, if you make a bunch of horrible plays, and then one good one, that doesn't make up for all the horrible ones. that's not how it works.

I love this quote Espn put out

"Jacksonville's first-team offense sputtered until Miami began substituting on defense"

Back
Top Bottom