*Official* Dolphins vs. Jets gamethread | Page 109 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official* Dolphins vs. Jets gamethread

Good coaching by the Jets:

They kept it away from Ginn

They handled not having a kicker

They blitzed Penny - not giving him time to make smart decisions

They ran the ball and took deep shots

...and great point carjack...our o-line looked average. Jake just needs time, but people keep saying Satale is a stud, based on what-waht you read or heard? I don't see it.

But great game, the games after Ronnie went down last year weren't even watchable.

you cant be serious? The refs made it closer than it really was. That PI call and no call on the delay of game was sad. And that lucky *** TD pass by bret favre wont happen again. You guys should be very worried
Oh really?? Brett makes passes like that all the time in his career, the man is magic. THe Jets controlled the LOS on both sides, we won the battle in the trenches. Brett Favre will get better as time goes on, we don't need to get worried. The Jets won't play this sloppy all season.

No we shouldn't we have a chance to win the division if Tom Brady is seriously injured. If he misses next week, we can beat them easily. Favre will get more comfortable as the season goes on, the Dolphins were exactly what I thought they were, except the fact that their run game looked bad, though our run defense is going to be really good this year. The Jets should be excited, our defense has tons of good players, you guys laughed at me saying they might be the most talented in our division, Pace looked like a stud out there, Thomas is back to 06 form, Jenkins is a beast, our CBs are awesome, well Lowery and Revis. The Dolphins front 7 isn't nearly as good as you guys made them to be, TJ tore them up.
Gholston even was getting good pressure on the Dolphins this game, and should of had a sack.

Hate to burst your bubble there Sporto, but you guys aren't even the second best team in NY.....the Bills are still better than you guys. Don't be so certain that you will handle the Pats so easily either. If you have been a fan in the AFC East over the past decade, then you will know that BB has ALWAYS been good at getting production out of his back-ups. Matt C will be no different.

agreed, Jets are barely better than us at this point in the year. They will gel quicker because they have better personnel but if they make the playoffs, it'll be a surprise.

Although everyone gave him a pass, I'll say it: Pennington was not very good. Everyone knew he couldn't throw longer than 7 yards and that hamstringed the team. As a guy living in New York, I had a room of people telling me that weeks before the season started.

That being said, the WRs were horrible and Pennington deserves some credit for not throwing an INT with how they were PWNED. Bess was very good IMO, but we need serious help there and in special teams.

the jets were the better team though. I have to give them credit for the win

like i said, we arent even close to being as good as we can be. Im not sayin wer gonna take the divison, but we gave you guys a hell of a game today, despite the ******* refs and penalties in our way. Wait till we develop some chemistry.

same for the jets

Wow you are a sore loser. You talk smack all week, saying how you guys aren't that 1-15 team anymore, then all of sudden you guys are now that you lost? You are too much man, just grow up and take the loss the way it was, the Jets made tons of mistakes, not holding onto INTs when they hit our DBs, our offense not picking up some blitzes, and penalties. We finished 4-12 last year, last season means nothing. The Dolphins are a better team then 1-15, I think the Chiefs are the worst team in football right now.

long and short of it is that your team is old and playing for the "now" and having said that they are still going to be about .500 club. They are not going to make the playoffs. SO enjoy your win today, it isn't like your going to have a lot of those to enjoy.

:)

Your pass blocking sucks. When you go up against a team with more experience, you guys are going to get creamed.
Your Pass blocking was even worse! The Jets pass blocking was decent, some miss blocks, some bad blocks. But I am sure Pennington telling the Dolphins the protection scheme had something to do with it. The thing I was worried about was Woody, and he looked good today pass blocking, and Brick was shut down too.

Jets were lucky. The Dolphins have a bad history of penalties going against and never being called when its clearly penalty. I'm pretty disappointed in both teams and both teams are NOT going to the playoffs. However, I think we both have a chance to defeat New England if Brady is gone.

AFC Playoffs
--------------
New England
Indianapolis
San Diego
Pittsburgh

+ 2 others

Do Jets fans think they'll be one of those two? Yes, but why?

Are they better than Tennessee, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Buffalo or Denver? We'll see!

long and short of it is that your team is old and playing for the "now" and having said that they are still going to be about .500 club. They are not going to make the playoffs. SO enjoy your win today, it isn't like your going to have a lot of those to enjoy.

:)
Keep talking smack, you guys have the most sore losers. Some of you guys are cool, but a lot of you seem like kids. FYI, the Jets are the 4th youngest team in the NFL, but your right were old farts..:rolleyes:

Oh really?? Brett makes passes like that all the time in his career, the man is magic. THe Jets controlled the LOS on both sides, we won the battle in the trenches. Brett Favre will get better as time goes on, we don't need to get worried. The Jets won't play this sloppy all season.

Of course im serious. You cant be saying that Bret favre can lob a pass 30 yards while getting rushed every game. He got VERY lucky

I think it's safe to say that BOTH these teams will be a lot different come the final game of the season. Sloppy play here and there. a little luck, and a nail biting finish.

Both teams have new Veteran QB's looking create more chemistry as time goes on. The Jets are ahead of the curve with big Free Agents signees and more Veteran players, Miami is young and has no expectations heaved on their shoulders this year.

My hope is that last game of the season comes down to Miami needing to beat the Jets to keep them out of the playoffs.

All in all the season is young and things will change for every team this year past week 1.

Congrats to the Jets on escaping Miami, and as for Miami fans, I don't know about you but it feels great to have a team with an actual plan, full of youth and potential, and already giving us competitive games.

Next week we go into Arizona and steal one, we'll be 1-1 going into a Brady-less Patriot game. Things could be worse.

Back
Top Bottom