Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 1 | Page 75 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the afternoon today, I'd love to hear Miami has packaged a 4, 5, 6 and 7 to a team with one of those 3rd round compensatory picks - just to get us another Day 2 pick and grab someone who might be falling to that valuable top-of-day-3 area that has proven surprisingly valuable every year. If not, packaging both 4ths Saturday to move up into the top five picks of Round 4 might accomplish the same thing.

Yeah that wouldnt work

Just a little frustrated with having these assets

Said no one, ever.

This draft was always going to be loaded. Being the team with the most resources required necessary patience.

No one will be shocked if Austin Jackson is a better pro than 1 or 2 of the OT's that went ahead of him. He's a significantly better prospect than Ju'Wuan James.

They are building this thing the right way.

I think we should give a lower pick to move up here and grab a Swift or Dobbins just to secure it. Anyone know what we'd have to give up to move from 39 to let's say 34?
Bengals - mixon... but wants paid
Colts - mack, kind of a comittee behind him
Lions - kerryon johnson is solid, maybe they want to pair him with another though
Giants - cant see them adding one with Barkley and other needs
Pats - Michel, ... maybe they add a QB?
Panthers - just paid CMC, so dont see it
US

So looking at the teams in front of us, unless a trade up, I dont think we'll see too many RBs go before us. But ya, if we want our pick of the bunch a trade up wouldnt be bad. I have a feeling we let it come to us though

Should the dolphins look to trade up to acquire another 2nd round pick?? Would luv to have a third.. lol

If the board dictates it, then yes.

They could just as easily be looking at adding a pick in the 90-110 range by trading back. Its an impressive buffet of talent still on the board.

Bengals - mixon... but wants paid
Colts - mack, kind of a comittee behind him
Lions - kerryon johnson is solid, maybe they want to pair him with another though
Giants - cant see them adding one with Barkley and other needs
Pats - Michel, ... maybe they add a QB?
Panthers - just paid CMC, so dont see it
US

So looking at the teams in front of us, unless a trade up, I dont think we'll see too many RBs go before us. But ya, if we want our pick of the bunch a trade up wouldnt be bad. I have a feeling we let it come to us though
Ruiz getting picked by the Saints in front of us is an example that you shouldn't expect anything to fall to you based on what teams have. If you want a guy, go get him.

I wanted a RB preferably Swift with the 30th pick but he's still on the board so we are good.
I think they'll be a run on them round 2 and we need to get one of the top guys

I think your more likely to see them wait on 56 for a RB then draft one at 39. Unless they just have that high of a grade. This roster is screaming for a starting S, could desperately use a pass rusher with long term potential and another starting OL.

Too much quality at that position in this draft. They could add two RBs in rounds 4 and 5 and find themselves set at the position.

You get a four year window with these high drafted RB's and they bring immediate impact from day 1. If I am looking at 2020 as a redshirt year and 2021 as first year on the field for Tua, I don't want to have wasted 2 of those 4 prime years of a RB's shelf life to where by year 3 we are looking at an extension already.

I don't think the pressure to get a RB is there right now, which should allow us to make the smartest decision possible with that spot.

1. Jordan Howard has already upgraded the position by default given how poor they were last year.

2. Even if you only select one guy later on, you've added another fresh set of a legs to a spot that desperately needed it. Dillon, Moss, Kelley, Vaughn, Evans, Perine, Robinson, Olonilua.....there is depth there.

3. If you do have a high enough grade on a guy to take at 39, go ahead and pull the trigger.

Seeing CEH go ahead of the entire rest of the RB class leads me to believe no one was truly elite in this class but instead you have a board full of guys who can do certain things really well. CEH was the most complete player, even if he didn't possess any of the top end skills Swift or Dobbins have.

In this league, RB is a next man up kind of position. Always keep that in mind when making an investment.

Todd Gurley is Todd Gurley........until he's just a guy looking for a back up job because he got released.

David Johnson, Leveon Bell, sometimes the fall from elite status happens quickly.

McAffrey, Henry and Elliot......the cream of the crop, who in the blink of an eye can be the next Todd Gurley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom