𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝

Yes the teeth look funny almost human like but their teeth are the least of your worries. They had a very sharp and hard dorsal fin that can slice into your hand while you are trying to take the hook out. Good eating fish with solid white meat.
thanks for posting Bane :up:

Yes the teeth look funny almost human like but their teeth are the least of your worries. They had a very sharp and hard dorsal fin that can slice into your hand while you are trying to take the hook out. Good eating fish with solid white meat.
thanks for posting Bane :up:

i think i shall warn my friend on the dorsal fin.... just in case... LOL!!! Thanks!!!

Here's the only fishing picture i have with a dolphins hat on.

21billstarpon.jpg

Around this time of year huge schools of Tarpon can be found in Government Cut were all the cruise ships sail out of. The tide is very strong so you do not try to anchor you just drift with the tide until out to sea and then motor back and do it over and over. We used white jigs tipped with large live shrimp. I landed three that day each one being a great battle because we were using 20 lb test and this fish was about 70 lb's.
The fish was released and swam away just fine. I only used the gaff through his soft under lip to hold him up for the picture because they are slippery and hard to get a grip on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good fishing down south of San Diego. What do they fish for John if you know.

Bump throw up that big bass you caught and tell us the story. If I remember correctly it was bigger than my 9 lb gator bass.

Great picture Ben so let's hear the story.
Where do you fish ? What's the best method and bait's ? Did your daughter actually catch the fish while you were napping in the car :chuckle:
I've tried surf fishing once or twice at Tybee Island but never had much success.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do a lot of Surf fishing here even though I have 2 boats. As you can see the catch is great, drum both red and black, big stripers, blue fish, croaker, sharks, giant rays and lots of trash fish.

I have taken my 4 kids over the years and find it relaxing...I'll post a pic of my daughter here shortly croaker fishing in our skiff.

Back
Top Bottom