𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝

dino-ferrari-catches-record-breaking-280-pound-catfish-in-italy-4.jpg

That is a huge cat fish.

A few pics I snapped this past trip:

This is a big stone crab I ran into and clipped. IPod touch for size comp.:

23ux2fn.jpg

For the time of year, this is about a little above average catch for half a day:

hrmya1.jpg

358w6sy.jpg

And heres Humblestone, a pigeon we rescued this trip. Seems like we get one every trip now lol. They land on the boat in storms and are so tired they just crash out. A crew member keeps em. Says she'll stay by him once he keeps her until she builds a nest :idk: :

339he78.jpg

Fishfan, Wahoo is may favorite eating fish by fay. I love them raw with a little soy.
Im heading down to Islamorada the end of next month I hope to get a wahoo or two to go along with our pile of mahi mahi and snappers and tunas

Good luck

Snap a few pictures before you chop them up :chuckle:

Not gonna lie - 18 inches of trout is nothing to brag about. But considering we're just rookies (and Canadians to boot), we do ok on the flats. ;) Lots of sharks, catfish, ladyfish, pinfish and other assorted nuisances, but the occasional keeper for the table as well. And more importantly the family memories. :) Good times.

IMG_0551.JPG

Not gonna lie - 18 inches of trout is nothing to brag about. But considering we're just rookies (and Canadians to boot), we do ok on the flats. ;) Lots of sharks, catfish, ladyfish, pinfish and other assorted nuisances, but the occasional keeper for the table as well. And more importantly the family memories. :) Good times.

View attachment 14655

Looks like you are doing it right. I always like to use soft plastics in a 1/8th oz jig head for trout. Trout eats well to and very simple, that's is a perfect size for eating. I prefer to release anything over 22 inches as they are the big breeder females.
Just curious Gasped where are you fishing? East Coast? West Coast?

Looks like you are doing it right. I always like to use soft plastics in a 1/8th oz jig head for trout. Trout eats well to and very simple, that's is a perfect size for eating. I prefer to release anything over 22 inches as they are the big breeder females.
Just curious Gasped where are you fishing? East Coast? West Coast?
West Coast, inshore Tarpon Springs area (near Anclote Key if you know where that is).

I've done lots of fishing in Canada, but the sheer quantity and variety of fish in Florida, coupled with the easy accessibility makes it truly the "Fishing Capital of the World" in my mind. We've come back every year for the past 5 years just to relax and do this. It's not cheap but it's hard to put a price tag on the experiences...

I don't live next to an ocean, but I will be fishing this year. First time since 2010 I have had the extra money to get a license. I am really hoping to add some pictures to this awesome thread. I even ordered a bunch of new spinner baits off pro bass shop and they are on their way now.

[video=vimeo;110708785]https://vimeo.com/110708785[/video]
[video=vimeo;72047081]https://vimeo.com/72047081[/video]
We go salmon fishing every summer... my budyy always makes a nice clip out of it... Though what we catch is not close to the size of some in this thread...

Got my new spinners today. I so can't wait for school to be over so I can try them out!
3d34651c6d1215ce4699d1919c2f89bb.jpg
i love spinnnerbaits, you can pretty much catch anything with these... Caught alot of big ass pikes with those...

i love spinnnerbaits, you can pretty much catch anything with these... Caught alot of big ass pikes with those...

My favorite type of lure. Only because I fish from shore a lot. Every time I have tried a crank bait from shore I either lose it or I some how mess it up.

[video=vimeo;110708785]https://vimeo.com/110708785[/video]
[video=vimeo;72047081]https://vimeo.com/72047081[/video]
We go salmon fishing every summer... my budyy always makes a nice clip out of it... Though what we catch is not close to the size of some in this thread...
Is that Great Lakes fishing? Looks like kings and silvers (or chinooks and cohos as we Canadians like to call them). Some nice sized kings there - good stuff!

Is that Great Lakes fishing? Looks like kings and silvers (or chinooks and cohos as we Canadians like to call them). Some nice sized kings there - good stuff!
Yup! Lake Ontario... Biggest King I ever caught there was a 27 pounder...Cant wait for august to go back again...

Back
Top Bottom