***Official Florida Panthers Thread*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Florida Panthers Thread***

lmao there is absolutely no way they are bringing in Mike Bab****. No way.

It sounds like they are planning to roll with Brunette unless he's a disaster. Hedging their bets. Guy's got a really, really tough assignment for his first head coaching stint. He's got the most talented team in the world with a Vezina caliber goalie, but all the air just went right out of the room. What a mess.

We need a similar mess in Miami - Ross pay attention!!~

Panthers won tonight, but played Ekblad and Weegar THIRTY minutes. That's insane. That's Bob Boughner **** right there.

Obviously the Panthers need Bobrovsky healthy because the back up is a sieve.

Knight was bad in the Devils game. Team deserved to get run out of the building. I think lack of experienced coaching showed big in that one.

The game vs the Rangers was just weird. Sometimes you gotta tip your cap to the opposing goaltender and admit that he absolutely smoked you. Team had 45 shots with a lot of high danger chances and Shesterkin just dummied them all night. Respect.

I want to say that I think Knight will be fine, but I gotta wonder if goaltending coach Rob Tallas is doing more harm than good right now.

Looks like the Panthers will be playing the Caps. No disrespect to Washington, it's a quality team, but I like the Panthers to advance from that series. In that case, Florida will have its first successful season in 25 years.

The problems I see in the Eastern Conference are:

1. Tampa Bay - Florida hasn't shown any ability to solve Tampa's power play. Florida's PK remains suspect and Tampa is good enough at agitating to create special teams games, even in the playoffs.

2. Rangers - My last post in this thread was about Shesterkin, and for good reason. I think he is having a historic season, should win every single first place vote for the Vezina trophy. The Panthers are 1-2 against the Rangers this season, and in one of those losses they straight up outclassed the Rangers' skaters but simply couldn't beat Shesterkin. That's going to happen in a playoff series. Panthers really need to hope that a team like Carolina or Boston is able to grind out a win against the Rangers.

3. Boston - Team finally got healthy. Lot of experience, very talented team, can beat anybody. I think Florida is a better team, but there's still a danger here.

Calgary is quietly the best team in the West and is the most prepared to make a deep run in the playoffs. Give me Colorado in the finals over those guys, any day. Well, really, I'll take anybody in the finals, because the East is going to be hell to get out of this season.

Looks like the Panthers will be playing the Caps. No disrespect to Washington, it's a quality team, but I like the Panthers to advance from that series. In that case, Florida will have its first successful season in 25 years.

The problems I see in the Eastern Conference are:

1. Tampa Bay - Florida hasn't shown any ability to solve Tampa's power play. Florida's PK remains suspect and Tampa is good enough at agitating to create special teams games, even in the playoffs.

2. Rangers - My last post in this thread was about Shesterkin, and for good reason. I think he is having a historic season, should win every single first place vote for the Vezina trophy. The Panthers are 1-2 against the Rangers this season, and in one of those losses they straight up outclassed the Rangers' skaters but simply couldn't beat Shesterkin. That's going to happen in a playoff series. Panthers really need to hope that a team like Carolina or Boston is able to grind out a win against the Rangers.

3. Boston - Team finally got healthy. Lot of experience, very talented team, can beat anybody. I think Florida is a better team, but there's still a danger here.

Calgary is quietly the best team in the West and is the most prepared to make a deep run in the playoffs. Give me Colorado in the finals over those guys, any day. Well, really, I'll take anybody in the finals, because the East is going to be hell to get out of this season.
My team never made the playoffs but I went all in on the Panthers this playoffs. A ton of firepower and Tampa is not the same team anymore. The Blues I would consider to be a darkhorse out west.

Panthers lucky to get the Capitals out of the Eastern field. Old, slow team with shaky goaltending that played the neutral zone trap and tried to grind out the series. Honestly shouldn't have even gone to 6 games if Mackenzie Weegar didn't have rocks for brains. This with the Panthers running completely putrid special teams. Cats were 70% on the PK and 0% on the Power Play. That's got to be historically bad for combined special teams success rate.

Not sure if they can make it to the Conference Finals, Tampa and Toronto both have excellent special teams. Panthers will have to fix the Power Play, and real fast.

Panthers need to either get Quenneville back behind the bench, or go out and find a way to convince Barry Trotz to come to Sunrise. No other options here. Panthers are way too talented to turn in such a putrid playoff performance as we saw this postseason. Need a top tier coach. One's currently unemployed/available and the other is currently awaiting reinstatement by the commissioner.

Panthers have had a poor offseason so far. Lose Marchment and of course Chiarot/ Giroux

Not much to replace them with......Colin White etc.

The Panthers and some other teams may be looking out for Carolina next year

The offseason has been fine as far as personnel. They weren't going to keep any of those guys, they simply don't have the money. Fundamentally, the trade deadline was when they screwed up, and I can forgive them because they decided to go all-in on it.

Consider just how bad the cap situation inherited by Bill Zito was:

1. Bobrovsky contract - 7x10, even if he didn't have a NMC, he couldn't be moved. Worst contract in NA pro sports, and Bob was actually good last season.
2. Stralman - Zito made a great move to send his awful contract to Arizona. Tallon must have been smoking crack.
3. Matheson - Amazingly managed to move him and got an overpriced but useful player in Hornqvist.
4. Darling buyout is STILL on the books
5. Yandle. Team is still on the hook for 5 million in dead cap because of this absolute ****ing loser.
6. Connolly - remember this guy? lmao. Tallon signed him for 7 million over two years. Zito somehow managed to move him.

The team currently has twenty million dollars in cap space tied up by a underperforming goalie Bob, fourth line winger Hornqvist, and two guys who are no longer on the team. Even if the team had kept the draft picks it lost at the TDL, it's not like they could trade Bob. Balcers and Staal are good contracts. Balcers has upside and I think will surprise some people. Staal might have one good year left in the tank, which could be huge as the team is probably trying to move Mackenzie Weegar before he has a chance to cost them any more playoff games.

The real offseason problem is Paul Maurice. Stunningly mediocre head coach. I think that's where it's gonna go off the rails.

What do you Panthers fans think of the big trade?

Matthew Tkachuk is a rare talented, gritty player but to give up Huberdeau and also Weegar. I was shocked. Then add a first rounder and a minor leaguer and I just do not know that they became a better team now or of course in the future.

Do you know if Huberdeau was indicating he would not resign there?//?

@Trucanes99 @J. David Wannyheimer

Back
Top Bottom