****Official Free Agent Signings**** | Page 91 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Official Free Agent Signings****

Cooks is still under contract for one more season.Landry was a FA. That’s a big difference when trying to trade a player.
Cooks is still under contract for one more season.Landry was a FA. That’s a big difference when trying to trade a player.
Yea well didn't do us much on the Ajayi trade for a 4th pick to the Eagles. But hey if anyone really wants to be believe our front office is as sharp as the Pats then go ahead.

Yea the 32nd for this years 23rd, my bad.
I was responding to elite14eva who wondered why we couldn't get a 1st for Landry because they got a 1st for Cooks. Kudos to the Pats for moving up 9 spots but the market was set last year by them

Who wanted way too much money then he was worth.
Yea Laundry got what he wanted we got a 4th. Moving forward around here I can see trading a former 2nd for a 4th. At least Ireland got a 3rd for Oliver who was not a pro bowler and was a former 3rd, a 5th for Miller who was not a pro bowler and was a former 5th and even got a 7th for Mathews who was not a pro bowler but was a 7th. Everyone loved Ireland too.

I was responding to elite14eva who wondered why we couldn't get a 1st for Landry because they got a 1st for Cooks. Kudos to the Pats for moving up 9 spots but the market was set last year by them
Fair enough and I agree with ya wish we could of gotten a deal like that.

Name the last RB traded by anyone for a 1st or 2nd rd pick.
Well Ricky Williams definitely comes to mind. Dont really follow the other teams so much. Hey we got a 2nd for Welker a WR so there should be some out there. How far you going back.

Well Ricky Williams definitely comes to mind. Dont really follow the other teams so much. Hey we got a 2nd for Welker a WR so there should be some out there. How far you going back.
Last 10 years or so. All I’m saying is I’m not surprised Miami didn’t get much for Ajayi. Maybe they could have gotten a 3rd but RB is a very devalued position. If Miami wanted more for Landry they should have traded him last year. Supposedly they tried but eh. Miami strikes out with keeping players they actually develop that they should start to think about trading them a year before they hit FA.

Yea Laundry got what he wanted we got a 4th. Moving forward around here I can see trading a former 2nd for a 4th. At least Ireland got a 3rd for Oliver who was not a pro bowler and was a former 3rd, a 5th for Miller who was not a pro bowler and was a former 5th and even got a 7th for Mathews who was not a pro bowler but was a 7th. Everyone loved Ireland too.
You’re talking about comp picks... none of those players were traded away. Getting comp picks isn’t an exact science. We wouldn’t have been able to do much of anything in FA if we wanted a comp pick for Landry. You do realize there’s no u in his name right?

....No one loved Ireland

The Patriots didn't just rent Cooks for a year then move up 9 spots in the first, they also gave up the 7th pick in the 4th round ( pick 135 ) for a mid to late round 6th. But yeah let's keep blowing the Patriots for face value smh.

The compensation for Landry was fair and the lack of extension talks coming out of Cleveland seals that deal for me.

As for Cooks.... He's a good but not great or even borderline great wide receiver. I do not consider him a WR1 despite what seems to be the popular opinion. Wide receivers with his ability aren't exactly rare. I wouldn't give up more than a late second or third for him. I don't think the Rams are concerned with the draft though. They're clearly going for it right now. I do think they'd of been better off adding more compensation and going after Odell instead. That's a player that can absolutely push them over the top in addition to the other acquisitions they've made.

Back
Top Bottom