****Official Free Agent Signings**** | Page 95 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Official Free Agent Signings****

15.1 Million a year...

Well, good for him...

breakdown...

$15,895 per yard...

About 2.5 million per touchdown...

$0.75 per dumb *** penalty
to be fair, timing was perfect for him. A bad year in free agency and the draft for wide receivers and the Browns needed to spend money. He is a good safety net for a young QB.

Hmmm. I thought a lot of people made grand proclamations like they would *insert ridiculous bullshit here* if he got a dime over 12.

But he's not that good. The Browns had to spend money. Got it.

It has to be exhausting to constantly keep coming up with future rationalizations for idiotic moves by an inept organization.

At least they were 'smart' by giving all that coin to two receivers so the FO couldn't be laughed out of the room when it turned out the comp pick value was better than the trade.

Hmmm. I thought a lot of people made grand proclamations like they would *insert ridiculous bullshit here* if he got a dime over 12.

It has to be exhausting to constantly keep coming up with future rationalizations for idiotic moves by an inept organization.

At least they were 'smart' by giving all that coin to two receivers so the FO couldn't be laughed out of the room when it turned out the comp pick value was better than the trade.

Are you okay?

If the Dolphins signed Landry to that contract some of the same people complaining now would be complaining that the Dolphins signed another player to a ridiculous contract. Pretty funny.

If the Dolphins signed Landry to that contract some of the same people complaining now would be complaining that the Dolphins signed another player to a ridiculous contract. Pretty funny.

Yeah, I most definitely wouldn't. Jarvis Landry is a damn good football player with proven production. And a durable ass one to boot.

What I'm bitching about is giving Albert friggin Wilson 14.5 million guaranteed, after he couldn't get any more than his 1.8 million tender in free agency in 2016.

Yeah, I most definitely wouldn't. Jarvis Landry is a damn good football player with proven production. And a durable *** one to boot.

What I'm bitching about is giving Albert friggin Wilson 14.5 million guaranteed, after he couldn't get any more than his 1.8 million tender in free agency in 2016.

I don't think there will be a big enough production difference between Landry and Wilson to warrant double the yearly cap hit with 32.5 million more guaranteed. I think Wilson will be able to improve on the production he had last year playing a bigger role in Gase's offense. Only time will tell, but his contract is a lot easier to deal with than the one Landry signed.

I was a huge advocate of keeping Landry no matter what, but damn that is an insane contract. Glad he got his money elsewhere

If this is an attempt at an "I told you so moment," please consider that a team that has won exactly one game in two years just made this decision. Add this to the cluster of horrendously awful personnel moves by that franchise. Gave up a 4th rounder in the process. Maybe he'll crack 1,000 yards for them as a reward.

Question: Name one other team in the NFL that would have come close to this figure? Answer: No one, which is why he's a Brown.

And for the last time, please learn the rules. Miami was not going to get a third round comp pick. Their spending in free agency would preclude that from happening. Getting a 4th round pick for him THIS YEAR turned out to be a shrewd gamble with the tag. Show me another team that did this for a player they did not want anymore? Bye Jarvis, enjoy Cleveland and all that $$.

I don't think there will be a big enough production difference between Landry and Wilson to warrant double the yearly cap hit with 32.5 million more guaranteed. I think Wilson will be able to improve on the production he had last year playing a bigger role in Gase's offense. Only time will tell, but his contract is a lot easier to deal with than the one Landry signed.

And Miami picked up a 4th round pick as well. Yes, I love the trade-off.

Yeah, I most definitely wouldn't. Jarvis Landry is a damn good football player with proven production. And a durable *** one to boot.

Albert Wilson was a nice catch in a pool of big fish in K.C. I could care less what happened in the 2016 offseason.

Back
Top Bottom