*!!OFFICIAL!!* Game Thread | Page 77 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*!!OFFICIAL!!* Game Thread

muscle979 said:
The Defense did ok, they held them to 20. We really should be able to score more than 20.

I don't think so.

For our offense to put up 17 against Denver should get a win.

Our D had the INTs, but they couldn't stop the run. 3rd and 2 at the end of the game, 11 stacked in the box, Droughns gets the 1st down.

X-Con said:
Feeley played VERY WELL today.

8 drops, guys. 8.

Booker dropped 2, Gilmore dropped 1, Thompson dropped 1, and McMichael dropped 2+

its not considered a "drop" unless it hits both hands of the receiver and/or he muffs it. Half of the "drops" you mention there were due to the receivers being well defended... a receiver can't make the grab if he has two defender arms wrapped around him. There were only 3 actual drops in this game. the rest was great defense.

and 3 drops does not a loss make.

texasPHINSfan said:
feeley did play ok but he is not our QB of the future... he had a horrible 2:00 drill and couldn't even get a first down in the last 3 possessions. the receivers had drops, but some of those were due to great coverage by the defense... feeley shouldn't throw it to a WR that is blanketed by the defense.

Stop making excuses every week guys. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck....
:mrt:

so first down doesnt make a game.. give me a ****ing break, they would probably still be driving down the field at this moment if mcmike had that catch.. u need help, and admit it

Can we win a SB said:
so first down doesnt make a game.. give me a ****ing break, they would probably still be driving down the field at this moment if mcmike had that catch.. u need help, and admit it

instead of making personal accusations, why don't we just agree to disagree.

I don't think Feeley is the answer.

i was talking about the admit it part, that those dropped passes caused us the game.. im saying u need help to realize that.. see the main picture, feeley improved and drove his team and put them in a position to win.. oratleast to get a first down , and our player failed.. point blank, this lose is not on feeley

Can we win a SB said:
i was talking about the admit it part, that those dropped passes caused us the game.. im saying u need help to realize that.. see the main picture, feeley improved and drove his team and put them in a position to win.. oratleast to get a first down , and our player failed.. point blank, this lose is not on feeley

so you don't think the INT (that ended up giving the bronco's a drive that gave them a TD), or the pass that Feeley floated and over-threw to Lee (that would have been a first down in field goal territory but resulted in a 4th down punt) made a difference?

The reason i say he's at fault for some of these "dropped" passes is by analyzing the play. Almost every one had a replay for us to see, and 5 of them were due to defenders being wrapped around the receivers (in two cases they were blown pass interference calls IMO). Not Feeley's fault, but he shouldn't have made all those throws.

the whole team played well the first half but stunk the second. Everyone made mistakes (including Feeley).

Look, i'm not saying Fiedler is better than Feeley. All i'm saying is lets be fair here. If Fiedler ever threw 5 INTs in a game, he would have been crucified. Not Feeley apparently. If Fiedler had ONE overthrown pass, he gets criticized. I did some of that critizing. I would know. We have to be fair in our evaluation. The same standards we held Fiedler to, we must hold Feeley to.

I wouldn't have expected Feeley to win the game - thats understandable. But i WOULD expect at least ONE first down in the last 4 drives.... there was no passing offense in the second half, and it wasn't ALL due to drops. The fact he's been in our system now for half a year and is comfortable with the offense, and he couldn't effectively move the team shows me he is not our answer. He has the same personnel Fiedler had, so no excuses. I'm not saying bring Fiedler back, i'm saying dump both these guys. Neither are the answer.

Back
Top Bottom