***Official Gameday Thread*** | Page 75 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Gameday Thread***

Dolphins=LIFE said:
I do. I think he is the best option right now for this team. Every freaking Quarterback throws Interceptions, it's part of the game. They happen. The INT right before the half that led to JAX second TD was a horrible throw on his part, and it probably in fact was the difference because it sent the team's into the locker rooms in completely different mindsets. The first one in the endzone was a bad play, but the Defense allowed JAX to go 95 yards for a TD. Then, later in the game, another 90+ yard drive. Those long drives aren't Joey's fault, and it's part a tip of the cap to JAX. Garrard managed the game better than Joey today, and didn't make any crucial mistakes. It's a fact I'd rather see Joey under center next year than Culpepper. I think the Offense scheme and Mularkey's playcalling suit Harrington more. It's only my opinion and preference.
JOEY IS AVG QB ITS THAT SIMPLE AS THAT

jtown777 said:
F. Taylor stiff armed and grabbed the facemask of the defender.

gamecenter said that that was a 15 yard penalty, yet the jags got a first down on the next play which was a six yard run. im very confused!

Dolphins=LIFE said:
I do. I think he is the best option right now for this team. Every freaking Quarterback throws Interceptions, it's part of the game. They happen. The INT right before the half that led to JAX second TD was a horrible throw on his part, and it probably in fact was the difference because it sent the team's into the locker rooms in completely different mindsets. The first one in the endzone was a bad play, but the Defense allowed JAX to go 95 yards for a TD. Then, later in the game, another 90+ yard drive. Those long drives aren't Joey's fault, and it's part a tip of the cap to JAX. Garrard managed the game better than Joey today, and didn't make any crucial mistakes. It's a fact I'd rather see Joey under center next year than Culpepper. I think the Offense scheme and Mularkey's playcalling suit Harrington more. It's only my opinion and preference.

Good Post... my thoughts exactly. Look at Grossman today, 3 pics... no TD's... the bears still won... Where i disagree a bit though is that I dont think Joey should start over Daunte... as long as Daunte is healthy and back to form anyways, and as long as isnt going to play like them last few seasons in minnesota. Its still his job when he's back. No need to rush him back now, its Joey and Cleo's team the rest of the year

honestly..

I pity those who try to come up wit possible scenarios of us makin the playoffs wit a 9-7 record..

Well time to playout the string now that any slim playoff hopes are dead.I don't envy Saban though (ther than the millions of dollars that he has),this offseason is going to be tough.The teams QB situation is a huge ? mark.We do
know,that Joey Harrington is a decent backup QB, but will never be anything more than that.Who knows what we will get from Culpepper,and Cleo Lemon has proven nothing.The offenive line is still below average.The receivers are decent but there is no true #1 guy.Chambers has proven that he will never be a legit consistent target,Marty Booker is getting older and may be gond.Hagan didn't show much,and welker is a nice slot receiver.Randy had a terrible year,and took a step backwards,and peele is just an average backup TE.

The defense overallis still good,but the defensive line consists of a bunch of guys at the ends of their careers.The young guys,who really knows.Roth looked good at times.The Wright brothers,no one knows what we will get from them.Fred Evans and Vickerson didn't get much playing time.The secondary is young overall,but
we don't know if they will improve or stay a liability.The
linebackers is another area of concern.Zach only has a year or two left,Crowder looks good,Spragan is average,and the rest of the guys are mostly special teams players.

So Saban has alot of work to do,saying all that if he starts 1-6 or 3-7 again next year,the Fire Nick Saban bandwagon will be full before you know it.He may even decide to take that job at Alabama.As for his coaching staff,I guess Houck sticks around,Capers may stay,and
Mularkey well I would just like to see him gone.His play calling was just too erratic.

kzarei said:
This team has no reasonable chance for the playoffs now. Don't give me the mathmatical crap. We can't get out of mediocrity to save our bacon.
Well excuse me for being positive. God forbid someone should do that.

Benched said:
Well excuse me for being positive. God forbid someone should do that.

Being positive is wonderful when there is an outcome in doubt.

At least we lost now, rather than later. It would just be one more week of empty playoff hopes. Now we can put that aside and talk about what needs to be fixed. Plus the fact that now every game won't be so stress inducing because it really doesn't matter if we win or lose.

kzarei said:
Being positive is wonderful when there is an outcome in doubt.
If there's a chance, there's an outcome in doubt. And there's still a chance.

Benched said:
If there's a chance, there's an outcome in doubt. And there's still a chance.

I was positive before today, even though the odds were not in our favor. Now, I'm realistic. I don't believe in happy hope. That smells of denial.

Back
Top Bottom