---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Good job. 6 under is pretty good for those type of tournaments. Kind of amazing when you think it took 4 of you collectively to get to 6 under but 2 of the pro's shot 8 under by themselves today at the Memorial and many others shot 6 under.

I subbed today in one of my companies other golf leagues. Started out well but then got a bad bounce on the 4th hole. I thought i was on the green but ended up in a right bunker. I ended up taking a triple bogey and limping off the hole. The following hole was a par 3 about 140 yards. My partner (this league plays match play between a and b players) hits a beautiful shot right at the pin. It hits about 18 inches left of the hole and rolls to back of green about 10 ft away. I hit almost the same shot but it lands about 4 ft short of his ball mark. it rolls up toward hole and leaves me an 18 inch tap in birdie.
If his was 18 inch to the right or if mine was 18 inches longer either of us could have had a hole in one. I was happy to get my second birdie of the year and erase the sting of the triple on the previous hole. The birdie got me on track I bogeyed the next hole and after 6 holes I was only 5 over par. On the 7th hole I hit a sweet iron from 100 yards out to give me a 10 ft par putt. I hit it too hard and went 5 ft past and then proceeded to take a 6. The round fell apart after that. I went 7 over on the last 3 holes. shot a 47 which beat my competition but left me feeling like I left another good round out on the course.

Played the Brickyard country club course today with AG. Only cost $10,000 (the price of his daughters wedding there)
Beautiful course. Excellent condition and the weather was great as well. Played really well and carded an 84. We did play from the middle tees but still. He was 5 strokes back but i had to pay for lunch and drinks. Seemed only fair :)
He took a few pictures i'll post when he sends them to me.

IMG_0288_zpsirx8ybuj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice round and picture FFM.

I went to Memorial Tournament yesterday with my brother. One of our vendors had a party house on the 13th fairway. Pretty fun time. It was my brother's first PGA event. He enjoyed it. We did a lot of walking. Got to see Tiger sucking it up early and then Justin Rose turning it on later.

Snapshot 1 (6-9-2015 8-41 AM).png

On Saturday we were watching David Lingmerth practice those short putts that he nailed all weekend. I told my brother he had never won a PGA tournament and this was his big chance. He handled the pressure well on Saturday by posting a even par and not ruining his chances. Then on Sunday the 3 under to make it to playoff with Justin Rose. Ironically he ended up winning the tournament on the same putts we were watching him practice on Saturday.

Had chances at par on 6 of 9 holes yesterday. Did everything right until I got to the green. Knocked 2 in for par but 3 putted 3 times. This game can be brutal sometimes. The other 3 holes were painful. 2 in the hazard with penalty strokes and the 3rd I drilled a tree dead center with my second shot and walked off with a double bogey.

Had chances at par on 6 of 9 holes yesterday. Did everything right until I got to the green. Knocked 2 in for par but 3 putted 3 times. This game can be brutal sometimes. The other 3 holes were painful. 2 in the hazard with penalty strokes and the 3rd I drilled a tree dead center with my second shot and walked off with a double bogey.

Did you ever make it down here to Atlanta to play? if so, where did u play?
Ill be back on the golf course this weekend after a week and a half of fishing!
man it sucks being back at work after 10 days in Islamorada

Got a new weapon for the bag on E bay today

utility_zpscwhymvbs.jpg

A couple years ago i got a #4 utility club which has pretty much replaced my long irons. It's my go to club and i usually hit it well but come up a little short on 200 yard par threes. Hopefully the #3 with less loft will do the trick :up:

Did you ever make it down here to Atlanta to play? if so, where did u play?
Ill be back on the golf course this weekend after a week and a half of fishing!
man it sucks being back at work after 10 days in Islamorada

Played at River Pines in Alpharetta, GA on Tuesday after Memorial Day. Ended up shooting a 95 playing with a hangover from the previous night for most of the round. Ended up getting par on the last 3 holes and winning the match with my buddy from Mississippi. The third in our group almost hit a hole in one on the 16th. His ball mark was 6 feet directly in front of the pin. The ball rolled past the cup and came to rest 5 feet past. If you lined up the two you could see he missed by an inch. He then proceeded to 3-putt. After that he said god hated him and refused to play the last 2 holes.

As Slk018 had mentioned this course had a few quirky holes where you had to tone down the drive and keep your first shot under 200 yards to avoid water hazards. All in all it was a really nice course though. Greens were excellent. The third in our group didn't like it because he was used to being able to use the adjacent fairway. But this course was tight and edges of fairways were guarded by Pine trees. That and a 12 pack cost him $43. There was an interesting sign on the first hole. Beware of snakes and bumble bee's. We never saw either.

Got a new weapon for the bag on E bay today

utility_zpscwhymvbs.jpg

A couple years ago i got a #4 utility club which has pretty much replaced my long irons. It's my go to club and i usually hit it well but come up a little short on 200 yard par threes. Hopefully the #3 with less loft will do the trick :up:

I got an Adam's 3 hybrid a couple of years ago and it had dropped my handicap at least 3 strokes. Much more accurate than 5 wood and goes just about the same distance. Hopefully a drop in handicap is in your future also.

Ended up getting par on the last 3 holes and winning the match with my buddy from Mississippi..

71 the closer :brewskis:

Georgia is full of snakes but i've never had a bumble bee problem :chuckle:

Yea my 5 wood is a 50/50 club and i'm hoping that 3H will more or less replace it.

Surprisingly my driver is working better than my wedge lol. My driver always works it's just those pesky fairways that are the problem lol, I can spray a drive farther right than most people can drive a ball in a straight line.

Been smashing the hell out of the ball with the driver but my damn wedge all of sudden went away from me, that used to be one of my strong points.

Surprisingly my driver is working better than my wedge lol. My driver always works it's just those pesky fairways that are the problem lol, I can spray a drive farther right than most people can drive a ball in a straight line.

Been smashing the hell out of the ball with the driver but my damn wedge all of sudden went away from me, that used to be one of my strong points.

It's always like that. How many times have you hit a beautiful drive only to mess up the short iron shot or you are not driving well but your iron are making up for it. When they are both working usually your putter is not. Really hard to have everything humming at the same time.

Good to hear you are playing again :up:

Played at River Pines in Alpharetta, GA on Tuesday after Memorial Day. Ended up shooting a 95 playing with a hangover from the previous night for most of the round. Ended up getting par on the last 3 holes and winning the match with my buddy from Mississippi. The third in our group almost hit a hole in one on the 16th. His ball mark was 6 feet directly in front of the pin. The ball rolled past the cup and came to rest 5 feet past. If you lined up the two you could see he missed by an inch. He then proceeded to 3-putt. After that he said god hated him and refused to play the last 2 holes.

As Slk018 had mentioned this course had a few quirky holes where you had to tone down the drive and keep your first shot under 200 yards to avoid water hazards. All in all it was a really nice course though. Greens were excellent. The third in our group didn't like it because he was used to being able to use the adjacent fairway. But this course was tight and edges of fairways were guarded by Pine trees. That and a 12 pack cost him $43. There was an interesting sign on the first hole. Beware of snakes and bumble bee's. We never saw either.

Ya I have only played it once after work..
I started off par par par and thought it was going to be a great day. Then, the first par 3, either 4 or 5 I hit a great iron and was 15 feet above the hole...Proceeded to 4 putt lol

Back
Top Bottom