---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Just shot my best ever 39 in the front! Blew it with a 44 in the back tho.. Still my best score so far, an 83 :brewskis:

Thanks guys! Great to have you to share it with! The wife just doesn't get it.. I did get lucky on 2 holes and sunk both like 15 ft putts. Who knows whatta happened if i missed them?! Heading out now to play and i have a tournament tomoro. Hopefully i can keep it going, or come back to reality! :up:

One step closer today fellas, to that magic 80 number.. Shot an 82, my best ever. Also shot my best 9, with a 38 in the back. Shot a 44 in the front tho.. Damn 3 putts are killin me!!

So as I wrote, that last week I shot a 38 and a 39. One in the front and one in the back, on two separate rounds. Today I opened with a 41 in the front, and was begging for one of thos type numbers in the back, but NOOOOOO, I gotta go and shoot a 45 in the back! Damn you golf gods, damn you straight to hell!!

:lol:

I played 9 yesterday evening and started par,. par, birdie. One under after three holes. Did not do squat the rest of the way for a forgettable 45 as well.

It's 100 degrees here in GA but luckily my golf partner has a nice pool to jump in afterwards :)

:lol:

I played 9 yesterday evening and started par,. par, birdie. One under after three holes. Did not do squat the rest of the way for a forgettable 45 as well.

It's 100 degrees here in GA but luckily my golf partner has a nice pool to jump in afterwards :)
Such a great start for ya! SO frustrating huh?! Also it's not easy playing in that heat, especially the latter holes, even worse if your walking.. We're not quite 100, but we're in our summer month of mid 90's.. Takes a lot out of ya.. Gotta drink more beers! Thank god for your buddy's pool!

No rounds for me this weekend. Was working on the go-kart track. I did take a break after golf finished yesterday and hit 65 chip shots from 40-90 yards. Put 70% on the green and 10% in the birdie range. Amazing when you hit shots from the same distance and then keep moving back 10 yards how accurate you can become.

No rounds for me this weekend. Was working on the go-kart track. I did take a break after golf finished yesterday and hit 65 chip shots from 40-90 yards. Put 70% on the green and 10% in the birdie range. Amazing when you hit shots from the same distance and then keep moving back 10 yards how accurate you can become.

Now all you have to do is get it to translate to the course and maybe make a putt or two :)

I lived on a golf course in Miami and chipped endlessly on the par three that was basically my back yard after the last golfer left.

18billsbackyard.jpg

Behind those bushes was the green. That little lake was full of bass as well. .

Never helped much when it really counted :idk:

I have a charity golf marathon tomorrow. Our work is very involved with a local organization for kids. Had to pledge at least 500 bucks to participate, a write off and 36 holes on a work day..Hope I hit em straight.

36 holes is a lot of golf, hopefully it is a scramble so you don't have to play every one of your shots. :err:

That seems to be my main problem. When I play my own score card I usually have 1 hole in every 3 where I make a mistake and walk off with a double or triple bogey. Tonight was no different, I had two triple bogies and had to finish with 3 straight bogies to break 50. I feel good because the round was going bad and I focused on breaking 50 and accomplished it. But to keep making the same mistakes is frustrating. It is always something different. Tonight was a top off the tee on a par 3 that went into the heather. Then it took me several shots to get out and I walked off the hole with a triple cheeseburger. I barely missed a par on the next hole and the bad shot was behind me. Hit a great tee shot on the following par 4. Then top it in the fairway and it rolls into the hazard and you have another bad hole. Only 2 bad holes but 2-3 is my norm and I have to figure out a way to correct it.

I had par or birdie chances on all the other 7 holes. Just need to figure out how to get rid of those clunker holes.

Ended up playing 27 holes.
First 18 shot 90
next 9 me and a female coworker who played college golf shot 6 under in a 2 person scramble! I drove 2 greens, and was mashing tee shots. My buddy let me use his driver. It is an extra inch long and extra stiff shaft. I love it. My partner was making the birdie putts I always miss! I think she made every putt except on I tapped in after missing a long eagle putt.
On a side note, ran in to Chipper Jones and Brad Klontz in the clubhouse enjoying some cold beverages after our round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laid a small bet on Justin Thomas winning the Quicken Loans tournament this weekend at 18-1. Most of the big names are out in preparation for the PGA Championship. This kid is due to win one. Hopefully the perfect storm this weekend.

Haven't played since Sunday. Can't WAIT to get out there today and tomoro (thurs, Fri). Supposed to be in the mid 90's both days, hazy hot and very humid.. Better stay well hydrated! :up:

5 under for Justin, good start. Hope he saves the fireworks for Sunday.

Tiger just 2 back heading into the weekend. Love to see him get his groove back and get into the mix with all the good young players like Jordan , Rory and Rickie.
Golf's more fun when he's playing well.

Back
Top Bottom