---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Played the University of Georgia course today in Athens GA. Bubba Watson's home course.

Those are great clubs. i play the Big Bertha diablo woods. Not the longest but i hit them straight for the most part.

Just added this guy to the team

Funny golf slang

A ‘Rock Hudson’ or A ‘Tom Cruise’ : a putt that looks straight, but it clearly isn’t
“Every frickin’ putt I’ve had today has been a Rock Hudson.”

An ‘Osama Bin Laden’ or A ‘Saddam Hussein’ : going from one bunker to another
“I bet you 10 bucks that Bob pulls a Bin Laden from that sand trap.”

A ‘Rodney King’ : over-clubbed
“I was so determined not to come up short that I Rodney King’d that 5 iron.”

An ‘Al Qaeda Camel’ : in the sand and sure to get f*cked
“Way to hit it into the short-sided pot bunker, you Al Qaeda Camel.”

An ‘O.J. Simpson’ : getting away with one
“Nice shot, OJ. Right off the trees and back into the fairway.”

A ‘Kelly Clarkson’ : chunky, but still working
“I Kelly Clarkson’d the hell outta my 8 iron, but I’m sitting just short of the green.”

A ‘Muhammed Ali’ : when you’re shaking over an important putt
“Did you see Joe pull a Muhammed Ali over that birdie putt?”

A ‘German Virgin’ : guten tight (that’s ‘good and tight’ for the phonetically challenged)
“You’re gonna like where that wedge ended up. It’s a real German Virgin.”

A ‘Rosie O’Donnell’ : just plain fat
“Sonnovabitch, another f*cking Rosie O’Donnell!”

A ‘Condom’ : it’s safe, but it didn’t feel very good
“I caught that condom right on the heel.”

A ‘Beyonce’ : a bit chunky, but still on the dance floor
“Stellar Beyonce, there Ricky. But I think you’re on the front edge of the green.”

A ‘Nursing Home Bus Crash’: a whole lotta nasty breaks
“I would’ve shot a 82 if it weren’t for the Nursing Home Bus Crash on the last 3 holes.”

A ‘Paris Hilton’: spoiled; wasted a good opportunity
“After bombing my drive I proceeded to Paris Hilton my approach shot.”

An ‘Elephant’s A$$hole’: it’s high and it stinks (usually for popped up drives)
“Wow, that’s a real Elephant’s A$$hole if I’ve ever seen one.”

A ‘Gay Midget’s Mouth’: it’s low and it sucks
“That bladed 7 iron reminds me of a Gay Midget’s Mouth.”

A ‘Danny DeVito’: an ugly little five footer
“I’ve got a Danny DeVito left to save double.”

A ‘Joe Pesci’: a mean little five footer
See above

A ‘Sonny Bono’: straight into the trees
“I snap hooked my drive on #2, Sonny Bono style.”

An ‘Elton John’: a big bender that lips the rim
“Man, I almost dropped that Elton John on #4 for a birdie.”

A ‘Pat Sajak’: too much spin
“I thought I had the perfect wedge in there, but I got screwed by Pat Sajak.”

I played a captain and crew tourney last Saturday and hit about 15 of those expressions of the list!

[video=youtube_share;NxLkEPb5DzI]http://youtu.be/NxLkEPb5DzI[/video]

happygilmore1o_zpsf92b678c-1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[video=youtube_share;817gG-guNDQ]http://youtu.be/817gG-guNDQ[/video]

Furyk had his best chance to win yesterday. All the big boys stayed home and he still let it get away on Sunday.

At least he didn't choke this time. He was outplayed.

Never realized how lucrative professional golf has become. I was at the Memorial this year on Sunday and watched everyone choke with million dollar prize on the line.
The winning prize wasn't what surprised me. It was the average money that the top 25 players make over the course of a season.

Take Ricky Fowler, only being a pro 5 years and a single career victory to his name. But he has earned over $13 million in 125 events played.
In fact if you look at most of the top players they all average about $100,000 per every event they play.
Tiger was just insane earning over $300,000 per event he has played.

The money is insane and that's not including endorsements.

Bridgestone Invitational this weekend in Akron. That's about 3 hours away.The Hall of Fame activities are this weekend also right in the same area. That would be an awesome Sunday, watch the final round during the day then go over to game in the evening.
And then forget work on Monday

Sounds like fun. I used to live next to Doral in Miami and went to that event every year. Always had a blast.
By the way good to see someone else posting here. Usually just NY , Danny and myself.

Golf is an awesome game. My second favorite to football.
Played a round on my chipping green tonight. One shot from 45 yards hit the pin and spun down to 6 inches from hole. I'm going to hole one eventually. Got golf league tomorrow. Hopefully practice pays off.

I'm not as good as you guys. 12 handicap striving to be bogey golfer one day. Played Pipestone today and shot 93 with 3 pars, My best buddy plays like you guys (8 handicap). We come to the final hole and we are both 86. Final hole is the hardest hole on course. You have to clear a giant dip and land on a high spot. Then clear a second dip to get a shot at the green. Tough par 5. Best I have done all year is 7. We both walked off with 7's. So tied at 93 we went back and played it again for a playoff. This time I finally managed a 6 but my buddy drained his 4 ft putt for par to put me down. Still an awesome day. I hit some nice shots today. I hit a 90 yard shot to within 12 inches. That got me one of my pars after a bad tee shot. Was right there with a chance to be bogey golfer and missed it by 3. Oh well still have some summer left.

You fit right in. I'm usually under boogie golf but not by much although I've had a couple of really good rounds lately. All comes down to the putter. Sometimes it works . Most times it doesn't.
With that course you set up out back your short game should be humming.

NY is good but he never gets the chance to play much. Danny's about the same as me so we're all close.

Back
Top Bottom