---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

1st hole went well with easy 4 ft par. Then I shanked the drives on the next two holes and had to take penalty strokes. Then I par #4. Jekyll and Hyde. Bogey 5 and 6 and somehow I have a chance to break 50. Shank another on 7 for another penalty and that shot my round. When you don't hit your tee shot well it makes it hard to score. And when you don't hit them well and go into hazard that makes it almost impossible. Still had a great time on half of the holes. LOL

Hey, sorry I missed out on this conversation. I want in on the next one! Enjoy your rounds til then fellas!

Tiger showed up today and says he's playing. It doesn't matter, it's Rory's PGA to lose. Wish I could make it out there. I got offered practice round tickets for today but couldn't take them. My oldest sister and her friend went out there yesterday and my twin sister and her boyfriend have tickets for Sunday. I'm the one that actually plays golf in the family and I'm not even going this week. I am sad. :(

I can't wait to see how the PGA has changed the course. Its come a long way since I caddied there in the late 1990s. The PGA hadn't bought it at that point yet.

My dad used to ride quarter horses on that property when it was still a farm back in the 70s.

Tiger showed up today and says he's playing. It doesn't matter, it's Rory's PGA to lose. Wish I could make it out there. I got offered practice round tickets for today but couldn't take them. My oldest sister and her friend went out there yesterday and my twin sister and her boyfriend have tickets for Sunday. I'm the one that actually plays golf in the family and I'm not even going this week. I am sad. :(

I can't wait to see how the PGA has changed the course. Its come a long way since I caddied there in the late 1990s. The PGA hadn't bought it at that point yet.

My dad used to ride quarter horses on that property when it was still a farm back in the 70s.

How far is your new house from the course?

I never realized how fun is was to go to a PGA event till I made it to my first. Reasonably priced even if you don't get the free tickets. Nice to have one of those events close by that you can take advantage of.

Subbed today in another golf league. At my work there are different leagues at different courses on Tuesday-Thursday since we have so many employees. The leagues all have different rules. The one I play in is basic. Low gross/ low net get recognized as well as any birdies. The other leagues are kind of anal. All kinds of rules and match play with handicaps. They make it too complicated. The game is supposed to be fun. We do have a league championship at the end of the summer to decide which league get bragging rights. It's pretty fun with a blend of all the leagues rules. Anyway back to tonight. I get to 1st tee and my group is talking about the par 3 adjacent to starting hole and griping about pin placement. Then as we are waiting to tee we can hear loud cussing from the group that is playing the par 3. When we got to the par 3 we made a gentleman a agreement to limit putts to 3 once you reached the green. I had a 30 ft putt and had perfect pace and ended up 4 ft from hole to the left. I mark my ball and place back on green and I have a hard time keeping the ball from moving. I barely miss the putt and it almost rolls off the green. Good thing for the 3 putt limit on that hole. I hate when they do that. Put the pin in an almost impossible position and make the hole unfair. Ridiculous!

Got a couple pars and almost sunk a 18 ft birdie

With that history it's a shame you cann't get out there at least one day.

Subbed today in another golf league. At my work there are different leagues at different courses on Tuesday-Thursday since we have so many employees. The leagues all have different rules. The one I play in is basic. Low gross/ low net get recognized as well as any birdies. The other leagues are kind of anal. All kinds of rules and match play with handicaps. They make it too complicated. The game is supposed to be fun. We do have a league championship at the end of the summer to decide which league get bragging rights. It's pretty fun with a blend of all the leagues rules. Anyway back to tonight. I get to 1st tee and my group is talking about the par 3 adjacent to starting hole and griping about pin placement. Then as we are waiting to tee we can hear loud cussing from the group that is playing the par 3. When we got to the par 3 we made a gentleman a agreement to limit putts to 3 once you reached the green. I had a 30 ft putt and had perfect pace and ended up 4 ft from hole to the left. I mark my ball and place back on green and I have a hard time keeping the ball from moving. I barely miss the putt and it almost rolls off the green. Good thing for the 3 putt limit on that hole. I hate when they do that. Put the pin in an almost impossible position and make the hole unfair. Ridiculous!

Got a couple pars and almost sunk a 18 ft birdie

Sounds like that practice is paying off. I use to play in lots of charity tournaments down in Miami that were best ball. Great way for everyone to have fun even if you are just getting into it. Whatever the rules it's still beats not playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to play in lots of charity tournaments down in Miami that were best ball. Great way for everyone to have fun even if you are just getting into it.

Yeah we play in a couple of those each summer. Been getting fewer and fewer each year, only one this year. And it might be the last time for that one. This year was 25 year anniversary. But the committee are all retired now and want to pass it in to someone else. Not sure if it will be around next year.

At least I have played a few rounds this year, unlike last where I played two Capitan and crew tournaments and that was it. I think I am going to try and get out within the week.

Might try to play when I'm in England if I get time and the hurricane Bertha passes.

How far is your new house from the course?

I never realized how fun is was to go to a PGA event till I made it to my first. Reasonably priced even if you don't get the free tickets. Nice to have one of those events close by that you can take advantage of.

My house is about 15 or so minutes away from Valhalla. But I don't get off the interstate at the exit the course is off of on a daily basis. Although I did drive by the entrance last night since I was going out to my parents' house. It was busy even though it was round 6 PM when I drove through. I think Tiger was still on the course at that time.

With that history it's a shame you cann't get out there at least one day.

Growing up I lived on a farm not too far from there that also had Floyd's Fork meandering through it. That really is a pretty course and I'm glad the PGA bought it. It's a course that can support a large number of spectators so its perfect for any event they want to have there. Even if Sergio doesn't like the course, LOL.

Wasn't he with a blonde last tournament ?

I believe Rory and Bubba are playing together today. Talk about monster tee shots. This is going to be fun to watch.
Early on Westwood is on fire carding a 65.

Even if Sergio doesn't like the course, LOL.

He a bit of a douche bag to start with just getting his excuses ready for when he plays bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom