---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 64 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Bittersweet day. My golfing buddy passed away over the weekend at age 62. I probably played 200-300 rounds with him over the last 25 years. We always got a cart together because we didn't annoy each other and the cart was always 420 friendly and had a cooler filled with beer.
He was a couple strokes better than me and beat me most of the time. Occasionally I would have my best round and beat him. Supposed to be close to 60 here tomorrow and we were thinking of getting in one last round for the year.

Not sure when I will ever golf again.

Sorry to hear that brother.Get that last round in in his honor if you can.

tlSJXFE.jpg

This was a picture of me and my buddy Bill playing our last round of golf together. I so glad we stopped and got a picture to remember him by.

Bittersweet day. My golfing buddy passed away over the weekend at age 62. I probably played 200-300 rounds with him over the last 25 years. We always got a cart together because we didn't annoy each other and the cart was always 420 friendly and had a cooler filled with beer.
He was a couple strokes better than me and beat me most of the time. Occasionally I would have my best round and beat him. Supposed to be close to 60 here tomorrow and we were thinking of getting in one last round for the year.

Not sure when I will ever golf again.

Sorry about your friend. My golfing partner was my dad who passed away a few years ago. It’s still tough to golf without him. We belonged to Buckeye Hills. I haven’t been back there since. He also loved the Elks Golf Course. I can’t play there either.

Thanks. I was putting together all the pictures and video's I had of him over the years. Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures over the years. When I lost another friend back in October and didn't have a single picture of us together I decided that i would take more selfies with the people I love. I'm glad i got that last one with him. Also came across some video's of us harassing the beer girl and some clips of his laugh. Laughed my ass off. I hope you have similar to remember your dad by.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the new rules? When I played in leagues and tournaments I played practice rounds by myself a few times a week. I never removed the pin during these rounds and chipped and putted better due some vision problems. I love this rule.

I like the local out of bounds rule. Just a two stroke penalty from where the ball went out. No reason to go look for the ball and then drive back to the tee.

The only rule I’m not wild about is the double hit rule but I’m sure the trick shot guys will love it.

Made it down to Tupelo early Friday afternoon and we were able to get 9 holes in before the bad weather came. Played a commemorative round in honor of my friend Bill. My buddy Paul had met Bill before at a RUSH concert in St Louis. My other buddy didn't play because he didn't want to get his new shoes dirty. LOL. It was pretty damp from rain the previous day. Paul ended up beating me 46 to 48 but I got my first few pars of the season.

Last edited:
Played a good course a few weeks back that I never knew existed. It is called Bulls Bay and is located down by Charleston, SC. It is private, so not well known, but wow....what a nice golf course.
Played Bulls Bay a couple years ago! Loved it. Darius Rucker was playing that day!

Thomas kind of choked that round away.

On the other hand the Daytona 500 was fireworks at the end.

Back
Top Bottom