---Official Golf Thread----

GasPed

Second String
Reaction score
When he won his first Masters at age 21 by 12 strokes, I thought it was the greatest thing in golf I had ever seen. Then when he won the US Open by 15, I thought that was the greatest thing I had ever seen. Then when he won The Open by 8, again, the greatest thing. And then when he won at Pebble on a fractured tibia and torn ACL - I mean, that had to be the greatest thing I've ever seen in golf.

But now this, after 11 years of wilderness - a failed marriage, demonized personal life, drug rehab, 4 back surgeries and endless futile comeback attempts - to win this tournament after all of that, I don't know but that might be the greatest thing I've ever seen in all of sports. Until the next great thing he does. ;)

Birdmond

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
When he won his first Masters at age 21 by 12 strokes, I thought it was the greatest thing in golf I had ever seen. Then when he won the US Open by 15, I thought that was the greatest thing I had ever seen. Then when he won The Open by 8, again, the greatest thing. And then when he won at Pebble on a fractured tibia and torn ACL - I mean, that had to be the greatest thing I've ever seen in golf.

But now this, after 11 years of wilderness - a failed marriage, demonized personal life, drug rehab, 4 back surgeries and endless futile comeback attempts - to win this tournament after all of that, I don't know but that might be the greatest thing I've ever seen in all of sports. Until the next great thing he does. ;)
Biggest thing is the back injuries. That is just mind boggling a pro golfer can come back from that.

GasPed

Second String
Reaction score
Well, I guess having completely psychotic parents is good for something.
Someone should do a study on that. You may well be right - i.e. high achievers have a higher likelihood of dysfunctional or mentally ill parents. For that matter, high achievers themselves may well be more likely to exhibit social/mental dysfunction. It would seem that way just from observation....

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Thought Dustin Johnson was an easy bet to hold his lead on Sunday at the RBC. Then he shoots a 77. WTF. He didn't look anywhere near the best player in the world. Looked confused. But golf can do that to you. My betting luck sucks since that loss at the Super Bowl. :surr:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom