---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 69 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

When he won his first Masters at age 21 by 12 strokes, I thought it was the greatest thing in golf I had ever seen. Then when he won the US Open by 15, I thought that was the greatest thing I had ever seen. Then when he won The Open by 8, again, the greatest thing. And then when he won at Pebble on a fractured tibia and torn ACL - I mean, that had to be the greatest thing I've ever seen in golf.

But now this, after 11 years of wilderness - a failed marriage, demonized personal life, drug rehab, 4 back surgeries and endless futile comeback attempts - to win this tournament after all of that, I don't know but that might be the greatest thing I've ever seen in all of sports. Until the next great thing he does. ;)

When he won his first Masters at age 21 by 12 strokes, I thought it was the greatest thing in golf I had ever seen. Then when he won the US Open by 15, I thought that was the greatest thing I had ever seen. Then when he won The Open by 8, again, the greatest thing. And then when he won at Pebble on a fractured tibia and torn ACL - I mean, that had to be the greatest thing I've ever seen in golf.

But now this, after 11 years of wilderness - a failed marriage, demonized personal life, drug rehab, 4 back surgeries and endless futile comeback attempts - to win this tournament after all of that, I don't know but that might be the greatest thing I've ever seen in all of sports. Until the next great thing he does. ;)

Biggest thing is the back injuries. That is just mind boggling a pro golfer can come back from that.

Well, I guess having completely psychotic parents is good for something.
Someone should do a study on that. You may well be right - i.e. high achievers have a higher likelihood of dysfunctional or mentally ill parents. For that matter, high achievers themselves may well be more likely to exhibit social/mental dysfunction. It would seem that way just from observation....

Thought Dustin Johnson was an easy bet to hold his lead on Sunday at the RBC. Then he shoots a 77. WTF. He didn't look anywhere near the best player in the world. Looked confused. But golf can do that to you. My betting luck sucks since that loss at the Super Bowl. :surr:

Back
Top Bottom