---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 73 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Normally I’m pretty calm during putts, but attempting this one off the green, with that GATOR on my right in the grass, staring me down, was a bit unnerving!
View attachment 40035

There are gators at pretty much every course I play at Danny

Just another hazzard you try to avoid :)

Finally got my chipping course in back yard re-opened after massive changes to go kart track and golf course last fall. Been busting my ass moving dirt on track and finally took a break. Hit 50 balls from 50-130 yards. Got half on the green but only 4 within birdie range. Not bad for not swinging a club in a year but I know I can do a lot better with a bit more practice.

View attachment 39885
Black golf flag was too small. Should have read the description. Sent it back and got a larger red one. My backyard course is now open.

The backyard course is awesome. Check out this one by randy at Fried Eggs (I think they are in Indiana..I've watched his videos now and then).

Last edited:
Some years back I bought a set of beryllium copper Pings. They were custom fitted and I used to hit em great! Problem past few years have been, they were fitted based on my swing path when I was about 150 lbs lighter. I struggled for years hitting them consistently, there was belly where air used to be. Glad to say, I've knocked about 100lbs back off in the past year and can't wait to get out and hit them and see how it goes. I let myself get really outta shape sitting at a desk all day. Almost back to fighting weight now, another 6 months or so and I'll be good.

I know this is old but I just found this thread. What model are they? I love Ping clubs. They are all I play and if they made, minus my putter. If they made a putter that suited my eye, I would use a Ping putter as well. Currently gaming iblades (custom fit), Glide 3.0 lob wedge and sand wedge, and aGlide gap wedge, a G400 LST and G400 Max drivers, and a TiSi Tec fairway wood.

BTW, If the clubs are off as far as lie angle, Ping will adjust those for a very small fee (lie adjustments may be free minus shipping cost to and from). You will need to complete a repair form first (I would call them first to make sure they are still making adjustments to the BeCu irons. I know the work they will do on those is very limited (they won't do grinds or refinishing on them). Ping customer service is the very best in the business. I have only been out 2 times in the past 4 years (I love to play but have other priorities).

Also, I'm not sure what balls you play but most companies are running their annual buy 3 dozen, get 1 free sale (I know Titleist is but I believe Callaway and some others are running similar promotions).

I know this is old but I just found this thread. What model are they? I love Ping clubs. They are all I play and if they made, minus my putter. If they made a putter that suited my eye, I would use a Ping putter as well. Currently gaming iblades (custom fit), Glide 3.0 lob wedge and sand wedge, and aGlide gap wedge, a G400 LST and G400 Max drivers, and a TiSi Tec fairway wood.

BTW, If the clubs are off as far as lie angle, Ping will adjust those for a very small fee (lie adjustments may be free minus shipping cost to and from). You will need to complete a repair form first (I would call them first to make sure they are still making adjustments to the BeCu irons. I know the work they will do on those is very limited (they won't do grinds or refinishing on them). Ping customer service is the very best in the business. I have only been out 2 times in the past 4 years (I love to play but have other priorities).

Also, I'm not sure what balls you play but most companies are running their annual buy 3 dozen, get 1 free sale (I know Titleist is but I believe Callaway and some others are running similar promotions).
They are the Ping ISI's, I had the angle adjusted when I purchased them, they are currently orange dot. When I bought them the Shop Pro toled me I could only have them done once because they were BeCu. I was impatient and didn't want to wait to order the correct lie from Ping plus he gave me a better deal on them because he already had them in the shop, they were originally green dot. Not sure how true that is. They have a really nice feel to them, almost like they cushion the ball when they hit em.
If I were to get a new set, I may try out the PXG clubs, the only problem is I don't go enough anymore to justify the cost. I think I remember reading this and I don't know how true it is but their lead engineer was stolen from Ping/Karsten.

I usually hit Pro V's, not straight, but I hit em. When I would take my two son's I would buy them each a dozen lower grade balls because they would lose so many, I would tell them mine were off-limits. I was going through balls a lot quicker than normal and realized the little bastards were sneaking balls outta my bag when they ran out. I told em every one of those balls they lost cost me almost $5, they think money grows on trees. Lol. At the rate, 4 dozen (as long as I don't take my boys) would last a few years.

I'm using a Scotty Cameron Futura putter nowadays, never was really crazy about the ping designs over the years. The SC is a little unconventional looking and at first, I was unsure whether to get it or not but when I kept dropping 10' - 15' putts consistently at the shop putting green, I couldn't help but buy it. It was more than I would normally spend but the results were undeniable.

I have a Callaway X-Hot driver with a graphite shaft and I have the matching 3 and 5 woods.
I used to play 2 -3 times a week, now I'm lucky if I can find the time to go that many times in a year, not happy about that but it is what is right now.

Normally I’m pretty calm during putts, but attempting this one off the green, with that GATOR on my right in the grass, staring me down, was a bit unnerving!
View attachment 40035
meh, they don't move so fast, unless they're hungry! lol. Question is how close did ya knock it?

They are the Ping ISI's, I had the angle adjusted when I purchased them, they are currently orange dot. When I bought them the Shop Pro toled me I could only have them done once because they were BeCu. I was impatient and didn't want to wait to order the correct lie from Ping plus he gave me a better deal on them because he already had them in the shop, they were originally green dot. Not sure how true that is. They have a really nice feel to them, almost like they cushion the ball when they hit em.
If I were to get a new set, I may try out the PXG clubs, the only problem is I don't go enough anymore to justify the cost. I think I remember reading this and I don't know how true it is but their lead engineer was stolen from Ping/Karsten.

I usually hit Pro V's, not straight, but I hit em. When I would take my two son's I would buy them each a dozen lower grade balls because they would lose so many, I would tell them mine were off-limits. I was going through balls a lot quicker than normal and realized the little bastards were sneaking balls outta my bag when they ran out. I told em every one of those balls they lost cost me almost $5, they think money grows on trees. Lol. At the rate, 4 dozen (as long as I don't take my boys) would last a few years.

I'm using a Scotty Cameron Futura putter nowadays, never was really crazy about the ping designs over the years. The SC is a little unconventional looking and at first, I was unsure whether to get it or not but when I kept dropping 10' - 15' putts consistently at the shop putting green, I couldn't help but buy it. It was more than I would normally spend but the results were undeniable.

I have a Callaway X-Hot driver with a graphite shaft and I have the matching 3 and 5 woods.
I used to play 2 -3 times a week, now I'm lucky if I can find the time to go that many times in a year, not happy about that but it is what is right now.

Awesome post and thanks for the reply. The ISI's are my favorite looking Ping irons ever. You can call Ping (800-4pingfit) and ask about the lie adjustment.

PXG's head engineer is Mike Nicolette (or at least it was). He was at Ping for years. As a curious and completely irrelevant fact, he went to the same high school as my wife (I just found that out last year when I saw a picture of him hanging in the hallway when we went to the school's musical).

My putter is an Odyssey Protype ix #9 style (Phil Mickelson). Ping makes a heel-shafted putter but I like the look of the Odyssey better. My youngest daughter just tunred 10 and has taken an interest in the game, so I understand about the less expensive balls for them. I was able to pickup Callaway supersofts for $1 per sleeve at walmart a couple months ago. She will use those when we hit balls this spring (I also try to stay stocked up on old balls for shag balls.).

I still have a dozen Callaway Tour IZ balls around and they haven't made those in 8 years. It shows you how infrequently I've been able to get out. :)

My backyard course is like Top Golf. I’m not sure when they started but I think they stoled my idea. I have giant bucket of plain and striped balls. Each golfer hits 5 balls from 9 different distances ranging from 50 to 150 yards. You start at 50 and move back. At the end you go to green and count up the number of balls on the green (1 point) balls within birdie range (2 points) and 4 points if you happen to hole out.

One thing this backyard course has taught me. Being on the green isn’t good enough. It can lead to a 3 putt and lost hole. You have to capitalize and stick it close to score good and eliminate those lost holes.

I just had them regripped for the first time 2 years ago. I had Ping cord grips put on, I like em they seem to grip pretty well. AT the rate I play now, they should last 10 years. Thanks for the heads up, I'll give them a call... :up:

Speaking of grips, I recently had my back up driver regripped with Winn Dri Tak medium size grip. That larger grip is very interesting and doesn’t slip at all even on a decent rain.

Back
Top Bottom