---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 74 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Speaking of grips, I recently had my back up driver regripped with Winn Dri Tak medium size grip. That larger grip is very interesting and doesn’t slip at all even on a decent rain.
I use the Winn grips also. Love em. Have to have them on all my clubs ever since I tried them.
I actually re-grip my own clubs now.
I recommend trying it.
it literally takes me 3 minutes to do a club.

I was a big fan of Sharpro grips. The Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound grip is a direct copy of the Sharpro Dual Compound (yes, Sharpro made them first). They wore better than the Golf Prides and cost 1/3 the price (about $3.50 instead of $10). I also like Lamkin Crossline grips.

For putters, I like the Golf Pride Tour Only Green star and the Ping PP58 Midsize (the cord version is great as well). I gave the Superstroke mid slim 2.0 a try and hated it.

I have some Pure grips on my backup Ping iblade 5, 7, and 9 irons. They aren't bad. I'm actually looking to sell the backup (practice) irons. I have Lamkin permawrap grips on my Ping Tour S wedges.

Is there a place to list items for sale on this forum? I have the aformention backup iblades, the aforementioned Tour S wedges, a Tour Issued Callaway Big bertha Fusion 4 wood and several driver and fairway wood shafts for sale (all items are in great shape). I've listed on an auction site a couple times and only got low ball offers. No takers on the Golfwrx BST forum yet either.

I use the Winn grips also. Love em. Have to have them on all my clubs ever since I tried them.
I actually re-grip my own clubs now.
I recommend trying it.
it literally takes me 3 minutes to do a club.
I've been wanting to try to regrip my own clubs. My problem is I am very meticulous about dumb stuff (I've been referred to as so far beyond anal retentive that I am "colonic". It was an incorrect use of the word , but that's how I was described LOL). I'm afraid of not getting them on correctly. Also, I play my grips at +1/8 over standard size. If I can buy oversize/jumbo grips, that isn't a problem. I'm concerned about building up a standard orm midsize grip and getting a rib from the tape under the grip (not a fan of reminder ribs).

Is it necessary to have a vice, vice clamp (rubber), and bench to regrip?

Speaking of grips, I recently had my back up driver regripped with Winn Dri Tak medium size grip. That larger grip is very interesting and doesn’t slip at all even on a decent rain.
How does it feel in your hands, being thicker than your others? Do you notice much of a change? Do you still have the same control?

I was a big fan of Sharpro grips. The Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound grip is a direct copy of the Sharpro Dual Compound (yes, Sharpro made them first). They wore better than the Golf Prides and cost 1/3 the price (about $3.50 instead of $10). I also like Lamkin Crossline grips.

For putters, I like the Golf Pride Tour Only Green star and the Ping PP58 Midsize (the cord version is great as well). I gave the Superstroke mid slim 2.0 a try and hated it.

I have some Pure grips on my backup Ping iblade 5, 7, and 9 irons. They aren't bad. I'm actually looking to sell the backup (practice) irons. I have Lamkin permawrap grips on my Ping Tour S wedges.

Is there a place to list items for sale on this forum? I have the aformention backup iblades, the aforementioned Tour S wedges, a Tour Issued Callaway Big bertha Fusion 4 wood and several driver and fairway wood shafts for sale (all items are in great shape). I've listed on an auction site a couple times and only got low ball offers. No takers on the Golfwrx BST forum yet either.
Post em up here...

I've been wanting to try to regrip my own clubs. My problem is I am very meticulous about dumb stuff (I've been referred to as so far beyond anal retentive that I am "colonic". It was an incorrect use of the word , but that's how I was described LOL). I'm afraid of not getting them on correctly. Also, I play my grips at +1/8 over standard size. If I can buy oversize/jumbo grips, that isn't a problem. I'm concerned about building up a standard orm midsize grip and getting a rib from the tape under the grip (not a fan of reminder ribs).

I watched them do them a few times and I'm the same way, anal about stupid stuff. For as often as I get them done, it's worth it for me to pay to have them done if they mess em up, it's on them. There probably is a way to do them without the vice/bench but I can't see it being all that easy especially without the vice. They really yank on them and I'm not sure how long you have to reposition them. Mine says Ping down the face of them as an aid for alignment so it's critical they go on straight and are consistent from club to club.
-or-
Send them over to Danny68's house... :chuckle:

How does it feel in your hands, being thicker than your others? Do you notice much of a change? Do you still have the same control?

I feel like I can hit a fade whenever I want now which is huge for me. I can hit a draw whenever need be but I could never get the fade intentionally. I think the bigger grip forces me to never grip the club in the palms and that’s the main benefit. Also I play in the rain a lot and these grips are money.

I feel like I can hit a fade whenever I want now which is huge for me. I can hit a draw whenever need be but I could never get the fade intentionally. I think the bigger grip forces me to never grip the club in the palms and that’s the main benefit. Also I play in the rain a lot and these grips are money.
Maybe you should consider regripping your irons, it sounds like you have found the ever-elusive sweet spot combination. I assume it rains often where you live, or do you just like getting wet? Lol...

Maybe you should consider regripping your irons, it sounds like you have found the ever-elusive sweet spot combination. I assume it rains often where you live, or do you just like getting wet? Lol...

yeah I’m going to regrip the irons. It only rains when I’m “allowed” to play. I’m Scottish so I enjoy British Open conditions.

yeah I’m going to regrip the irons. It only rains when I’m “allowed” to play. I’m Scottish so I enjoy British Open conditions.
Nice, it's like liquid sunshine to you. Let us know how you hit em when you get em regripped, interested to know if it improves your game.

Having a vice is really important. I’m fortunate to have one at work. It takes a little force to get the new grips on, even with the solvent. You also gotta quickly scrape the old tape off, or in your case, maybe go right over the old tape, with a new piece, to build it up, so having a vice to securely hold the club in place is pretty important.
I ordered a re-grip kit off amazon, and it’s great. Comes with everything you’ll need.
Minus the vice of course...

Oh and I haven’t got a chance to read back in the thread yet, cuz I’m stuck at work today, tryin to avoid the Corona!
Have you all discussed about being shut down from playing?
My state is shut down..
Fortunately it’s still only in the 50’s here in NH, so the season hasn’t really started yet.
This blows

Oh and I haven’t got a chance to read back in the thread yet, cuz I’m stuck at work today, tryin to avoid the Corona!
Have you all discussed about being shut down from playing?
My state is shut down..
Fortunately it’s still only in the 50’s here in NH, so the season hasn’t really started yet.
This blows
I'm in PA, the weather just starting to break (mid/upper 60's) and the courses are closed, state shut down...

Back
Top Bottom