---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 75 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

I've been wanting to try to regrip my own clubs. My problem is I am very meticulous about dumb stuff (I've been referred to as so far beyond anal retentive that I am "colonic". It was an incorrect use of the word , but that's how I was described LOL). I'm afraid of not getting them on correctly. Also, I play my grips at +1/8 over standard size. If I can buy oversize/jumbo grips, that isn't a problem. I'm concerned about building up a standard orm midsize grip and getting a rib from the tape under the grip (not a fan of reminder ribs).

Is it necessary to have a vice, vice clamp (rubber), and bench to regrip?

It’s not that hard to do yourself. A vice really helps the process. Not a huge savings though from having done professionally. You have to buy the solvent which would do about 20 sets of clubs. So if you are just doing one set it isn’t worth it IMO.
I once changed my putter grip in the golf galaxy parking lot. Had tape and solvent from re-gripping clubs. Bought new thick putter grip. Cut off old one and applied tape and solvent. Slid grip on but couldn’t get it to slide all the way due to no vise. It was starting to dry and I was starting to panic. Took and shoved putter head against Truck tire and the cover finally slid on right. Probably won’t try that again.

There is a course about 20 minutes from my house that will install grips for $1 per club plus the cost of the grip (or $2 if you have the grip). I may just go that route. The only problem with them (and it's not a big deal) is they take a few days to regrip because the guy that does it is only there certain days of the week.

Still no actual golf. But the concert my partner booked for my birthday present was cancelled and we got a refund. A local proshop had this bag with 30% off. I used the money from my birthday present to buy it. I think its rather lovely. Its a cart bag but is designed to look like a tour bag

100088746_308811440110025_8059199805286514688_n.jpg

I have had my old bag since I was 16, I will be happy if I get 13 years out of this one.

Still no actual golf. But the concert my partner booked for my birthday present was cancelled and we got a refund. A local proshop had this bag with 30% off. I used the money from my birthday present to buy it. I think its rather lovely. Its a cart bag but is designed to look like a tour bag

View attachment 45898

I have had my old bag since I was 16, I will be happy if I get 13 years out of this one.

Nice, Cooler pocket is a must have. Aiming fluid.....

Courses In Northern Ireland finally reopen tomorrow. My club has a 9 hole course and an 18 hole course. They have divided them up into 3 9 hole courses to help with social distancing. You have to prebook a slot online, and it will probably be hard to get one for a while. But im really excited that golf has returned.

My membership finally got approved the day after the lockdown :rolleyes: and I haven't played since, but I grew up playing this club was a juvenile member since I was 10. Its a fantastic links course.

There are a few new rules (such as a system for lifting the pin flag with your putter - im glad mine isn't shiny!) but very little should change.

Has anyone been golfing since the lockdown occurred? I was wondering how they have you finish the hole. If you put your ball in cup and get it out it would create a place to transfer the virus. Do they just give it to you if you hit pin or within a circle? Curious if anyone has played. Not having to finish a putt sounds good to me. :D

The new distancing plays into the way I do my course in back yard. More like top golf you hit a bunch of marked balls from different distances. Then you walk up retrieve your own balls and count up your score. So my course is already ready for new rules I believe.

Has anyone been golfing since the lockdown occurred? I was wondering how they have you finish the hole. If you put your ball in cup and get it out it would create a place to transfer the virus. Do they just give it to you if you hit pin or within a circle? Curious if anyone has played. Not having to finish a putt sounds good to me. :D

The new distancing plays into the way I do my course in back yard. More like top golf you hit a bunch of marked balls from different distances. Then you walk up retrieve your own balls and count up your score. So my course is already ready for new rules I believe.

For a while pre-lockdown they used raised cups which the ball bounced off, if you hit the cup it counted as a sunk putt - even if it bounced off the green. A lot of guys started sinking 25 foot putts.

Now a lot of clubs are using things like this

Last edited:
For a while pre-lockdown they used raised cups which the ball bounce off, if you hit the cup it counted as a sunk putt - even if it bounced off the green. A lot of guys started sinking 25 foot putts.

Now a lot of clubs are using things like this

Thanks, I like them giving you the putt if you hit the pin instead. My putting sucks.

Yes! Thankfully, about 2-3 times per week. There's a styrofoam ring in the cup so that your ball doesn't go to bottom of cup. You're not allowed to touch or take the flag out. My rule with friends is: if you're within 10 feet and hit the flagstick but it bounces out of hole, it counts.

Haven't played in a while. Stinks because this is the best time of year for it :(

80's and sunny

View attachment 45898

The DLX bag is one of my favorite bags ever. I have two of them and a Ping staff bag. They are superb.

Last edited:
1590190286347.jpeg

Made some changes to backyard course. Kart track expanded some so I chopped down willow tree and moved flag back between 2 soon to be large maples.

Back of the kart track infield should be about 140 yards now.

Woods, Manning, Mickelson and Brady will tee off Sunday, May 24 at 3 p.m. ET. Viewers can begin tuning in at 2 p.m., however, for pre-match coverage and additional insight. The event is slated to wrap up at approximately 7 p.m.

It's on TNT tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom