---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 77 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Finally got out and played last week. We played Captain and Mate against two buddies. We won, we shot a 73 so they bought the drinks! I played well for the first time out, I wasn't in trouble too much for the first round of the year. More my putting and short game from being off all winter.

Finally got out and played last week. We played Captain and Mate against two buddies. We won, we shot a 73 so they bought the drinks! I played well for the first time out, I wasn't in trouble too much for the first round of the year. More my putting and short game from being off all winter.

I got in 9 last friday and it was great to be back out. Playing again tomorrow morning

Found a picture of me on line from back in the late 90's winning longest drive at a charity event. Won it 2 years in a row.

View attachment 48953

I could hit a 4 iron further back then than I can hit a driver now a days :lol:

I haven't kept a 4 iron in my bag since I was about 15. Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, hyrbrid, 5 iron

Found a picture of me on line from back in the late 90's winning longest drive at a charity event. Won it 2 years in a row.

View attachment 48953

I could hit a 4 iron further back then than I can hit a driver now a days :lol:
It looks like someone in a sweat band is getting ready to service you

I haven't kept a 4 iron in my bag since I was about 15. Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, hyrbrid, 5 iron

I still keep a 4 iron for one shot and one shot only

If you have to go under a tree use a hooded 4 iron with the ball way back in your stance and you can hit the ball 100 - 120 yards maybe further with the roll and it will go no higher than 3 feet off the ground the whole way.

It's basically a slightly lofted putter :)

I still keep a 4 iron for one shot and one shot only

If you have to go under a tree use a hooded 4 iron with the ball way back in your stance and you can hit the ball 100 - 120 yards maybe further with the roll and it will go no higher than 3 feet off the ground the whole way.

It's basically a slightly lofted putter :)

Yep. I am deadly with the punch hook from 180 in fron under the trees.. Miss fairway left off tee, 4 iron punch hook roll it up there hah
On a rare occasion I hit a normal 4 iron (about 215 for me) but its a coin flip between pure and thin hard low slice right

Played for the first time in 3 months yesterday. Was happy with it, better than when I was playing a lot. very up and down. 39 on the front 9 with two 3 putt pars!
Had 245 from fairway bunker into par 5 and my buddy tried to talk me out of hitting 3 wood. but, I don't play much now with a new baby so why not? Hit fringe on right side of green and 3 putted..ouch.
on 9 its a dog leg left and only 275 on a straight line if you drive it over the trees. Again, drove it to the fringe elected to chip (so not technically a 3 putt i guess) skulled it over the green and 2 putted from the opposite side fringe for par.
Could have been a very low front 9...i did flop from the greenside bushes to 3 inches, and play a lucky punch hook with a 4 iron from trouble 160 out to 4 foot to even things out i guess.
Go into the back 9 on 39 and have only shot 80 twice never broken 80. As you can guess I went double, double, double to sytart the back did round it out with 3 pars to finish for a 44 on the back for an 83, with a birdie putt from 7 foot left short on 18!. The best part was we finished in 3 hours flat, gotta love weekday golf!

Played for the first time in 3 months yesterday. Was happy with it, better than when I was playing a lot. very up and down. 39 on the front 9 with two 3 putt pars!
Had 245 from fairway bunker into par 5 and my buddy tried to talk me out of hitting 3 wood. but, I don't play much now with a new baby so why not? Hit fringe on right side of green and 3 putted..ouch.
on 9 its a dog leg left and only 275 on a straight line if you drive it over the trees. Again, drove it to the fringe elected to chip (so not technically a 3 putt i guess) skulled it over the green and 2 putted from the opposite side fringe for par.
Could have been a very low front 9...i did flop from the greenside bushes to 3 inches, and play a lucky punch hook with a 4 iron from trouble 160 out to 4 foot to even things out i guess.
Go into the back 9 on 39 and have only shot 80 twice never broken 80. As you can guess I went double, double, double to sytart the back did round it out with 3 pars to finish for a 44 on the back for an 83, with a birdie putt from 7 foot left short on 18!. The best part was we finished in 3 hours flat, gotta love weekday golf!

Thanks for posting brother Gold :up:

Pretty interesting US Open so far. Easy conditions on Thursday followed by brutal conditions yesterday. Only 3 golfer shoot under par yesterday. Who can keep stringing up pars on a long tough course?

Back
Top Bottom