Official Heat-Pistons Series Thread! | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Heat-Pistons Series Thread!

yes! Wallace is about to foul out finally the Pistons are in foul trouble

I'm so mad right now. I wanna break my f***ing T.V. I can't believe these guys. Wade is too nervous to make a free throw. Nobody is shooting. Shoot the damn ball. OMFG I gotta shut this game off.

3 point play for Wade, still alive possibly

As I said...we deserved to lose this game. Detroit outplayed us in every way.

I'll say it again...this has been a horribly officiated series.(on both sides) It's not the number of calls,it's the type of calls. I don't know how many times I've seen a player mugged just taking the ball down the court with no calls, and yet they'll call a foul on some ticky tack contact. The refs better start showing more consistency here.

Too bad the heat will be going back to detroit one more time, because I want to just drop kick the PA announcer in the face...

The officiating has been awful....Wade is getting punched, slapped, all that **** and doesnt get a call....yet there is no comparison in the b!tching going on between the two teams.

'Sheed could hit shaq with a sledgehammer and get called for the foul and then complain about the call....most of the time the Heat dont complain, even when the fouls are BS....

ex. Phantom call on shaq and he just strolls to the bench...

Hell when Shaq was with my Lakers they damn near clubbed him to death before the officials would my make a call.

TerryTate said:
Too bad the heat will be going back to detroit one more time, because I want to just drop kick the PA announcer in the face...

The officiating has been awful....Wade is getting punched, slapped, all that **** and doesnt get a call....yet there is no comparison in the b!tching going on between the two teams.

'Sheed could hit shaq with a sledgehammer and get called for the foul and then complain about the call....most of the time the Heat dont complain, even when the fouls are BS....

Miami was out of that game from the 8-minute mark after Dooling's triple brought us within 7, but Van Gundy's team failed to bring it defensively.

Detroit's offense dropping 60 in 2 quarters on you is a sad story, and it's not about talent...it's about us not going out there and playing our hardest game, and that's where you look at coaching. I've questioned SVG's coaching all year, and I'll continue to do that even if every member of this organization ends the year with a championship ring.

It seems as if this team only brings it atleast 85-90% when their backs are up against the wall, and that's a damn shame. We should've went out there and took game 1 at home, or brought it atleast halfway tonight. With that said, I expect wins in games 5 & 7 for Miami. We'll probably lose by 8-15 in game 6 if we have a 3-2 series lead. Somebody needs to get this team RILED(hint ;) ) up....

And somebody needs to tell Wade to stop forcing shots because he's not a jump shooter. Sure, his jumper has come along nicely, but that's not his game. When he plays aggressive, he shoots over 50% and scores 38 & 40 points. It's a shame. I'm calling a 30+ point game over 50% from D-Wade on Thursday, because the pressure is on.

It's a damn shame when you have to have your backs against the wall to perform your best, but whatever. We won game 2 & got the split...that's what we asked for although we hoped for more.

TerryTate said:

Gotta love the one about Eldon Campbell saying that he goes out there and fouls Shaq on every single possession.

"Sometimes they call it, sometimes they don't".

X-Con said:
And somebody needs to tell Wade to stop forcing shots because he's not a jump shooter. Sure, his jumper has come along nicely, but that's not his game. When he plays aggressive, he shoots over 50% and scores 38 & 40 points. It's a shame. I'm calling a 30+ point game over 50% from D-Wade on Thursday, because the pressure is on.

How many times did we see Wade go to the hole tonight before the game was out of reach??

By my count, twice. Once he got a layup. The other time Wallace blocked it. Other than that, he settled for jumpers....many of which were poor shots. No dunks.

The problem I see with the Heat is that they go long periods where the ball never reaches Dwyane Wade's hands. Not just taking shots, but actually receiving a pass.

This happens every single game. And it's a big problem IMO. Tonight we were halfway thru the first quarter before Wade even attempted a shot. Wade has got to become more assertive and not only get himself open, but drive to the hole and create. He's guaranteed more shots (via the foul line). And much like Shaq, he draws attention away from his teammates. Especially when Shaq's not in the game. He's got to carry more of the load.

TerryTate said:

Yes, and Rip Hamilton seems to get all the calls. As for the one doing the dirty work, that would be Tayshaun Prince, night in...night out. I had a LOAD of respect for this guy coming into this series, especially the way he carries himself, plays defense, and lets the offense come to him at the right time. However, now I see how similar he is to Bruce Bowen in terms of illegal contact, which he seems to do on every possession. If Dwyane Wade was Ron Artest or somebody of that nature(hell, even JO or Big Ben), Prince would've got his long a** head smashed in about 2 games ago. Another thing...when Haslem put up that vicious fastbreak dunk in the second half, that little push by Prince that drew the foul could've easily put Haslem in a Joe Johnson-like situation. Sorry, but I don't care about the impact...when you push a player while they're in the air, a flagorant should be called.

I'd like to see the refs watch Prince's hands & body movement a bit more on the defensive end. He gets away with more defensive fouls than Ginobili does on the offensive end, which is a sh*tload. :rolleyes2

Muck said:
The problem I see with the Heat is that they go long periods where the ball never reaches Dwyane Wade's hands. Not just taking shots, but actually receiving a pass.

And those long periods always occur when Keyon Dooling replaces Damon Jones at the point. I like Dooling's aggressive play and defense, but the guy does not pass the ball. I've noticed this since the first few games of the season. Dooling has a tendancy to hold onto the ball, dribbling away for atleast 10-15 seconds without even looking to pass. He just sits there eying the defender, dribbling away. Yeah, it sounds funny...but that's exactly what he does. I've never seen Keyon Dooling pass the ball on a fastbreak either, he just seems like a pretty selfish player when the ball is in his hands. That's my only beef with him. Knowing that he's not a very good shooter, he'll hold onto the ball until the shot clock expires and put up a horrible shot. However, when he lets the offense come to him and gets off a good attempt, he's been money.

Oh well, it's not as bad as the first half of the season when we used to make fun of him...he used to hold the ball for 15 seconds, get it back after 5, and miss a long jumper at the last second.

PHINATIC13 said:
Hell when Shaq was with my Lakers they damn near clubbed him to death before the officials would my make a call.
I've never seen Shaq get double-teamed without being fouled atleast 4-5 times before he either puts it up, gets called for an offensive foul or traveling, or passes the ball. Shaq gets mugged nonstop, and it's because of his size.

Well that was an interesting job by the officiating crew today......this is how it went:

1. Okay....lets try to set the tone in Detroit's favor right away so the Heat has to play from behind.....lets sit SHAQ, Jones, ZO, and while we are at it...let's hit Haslem with a couple too.

2. Okay...we went too far....now their whole team is in foul trouble....lets call it straight.

3. Damn it...the Heat is making another run (2nd quarter)...lets call 4 fouls in the last 2 minutes to help Detroit extend their lead again.

4. (3rd Quarter) Lets call it straight.

5. GOD Damn it...the Heat is making another run....lets call Eddie Jones for 3 fouls inside 1 minute...while we are at it...don't call anything they do on Wade....okay...there ya go....run over.

6. 4th Quarter......Lets call it straight....wait a minute....what is this? The Heat is going to the basket and they are feeding SHAQ? WOW...the Pistons are hacking SHAQ bad....damn it...we gotta call a couple of fouls now...

7. Okay....I guess what we did in the 1st quarter worked...they had to work from behind.....mission accomplished.

Seriously though...the refs fuked us by making us play from behind by putting all our guys in foul trouble and especially SHAQ....but we played bad defense.....and SVG screwed up with his substitution patterns in the first half...there comes a point where you have to say to the refs..."Hey...Fuk u...we are playing through these fouls and we are not going to let you refs dictate who we play."

Doesn't matter though...let me quote Richard Hamilton..."Mission Accomplished...we have Home Court, we wanted to get a split and we got it."

BTW...I loved ZO making Spider Web Head swallow the Ball on the dunk he attempted...it was hilarious...the guy actually tried to posterize ZO when the game was done.....HA!

I also like that SVG gave credit to Detroit after the game and then said "I am going to give credit to the other team...I know it hasn't been fashionable in this series to say that the other team did something to make you lose...But I will give credit."

Are you hearing that Rip?

The Piston players are the biggest colection of cry babies and azzholes ever assembled since the original bad boys.

We win Game 5......and we go with a 3-2 to lead back to that dump they call the "Palace" to end the series.

This is another poorly officiated game in Detroit's favor, except this time...the refs have done enough to take us out of the game completely(for the moment).

you can't be serious? The refs kept you in it in the first half. Everytime Detroit started to pull away the whistles came and Miami closed the gap on the FT line. Miami shot 25 FTs in the first half! There were a couple of bad calls against miami but there were also bad calls against Detroit.

Seriously, I'm not one that complains about the refs and other teams. But it's really getting annoying watching the Pistons whine and cry after every single foul.

But you enjoy it when the heat players whine and cry after every foul called against them?

yes! Wallace is about to foul out finally the Pistons are in foul trouble

Finally? rasheed barely played in the 2nd half.

I love it that whenever you guys lose it's all b/c of the officiating when the officiating was so 1 sided in games 2 & 3 nobody mentioned it, I wonder why? Last night was bad all around but in the first half the officials kept you in it. You shot TWENY FIVE FTs in the first half. Yeah there were a few bad calls against you but there were bad callas against the Pistons as well. It was comical on wade's first trip to the FT he wasn't touched and the defender was a good 3 feet away from him yet they blew the whistle. Shaq travels and bowls guys over everytime, he should have MORE fouls called against him. Right now he's hurting and a little uncoordinated so he is fouling more. I gurantee you if he was halthy and had his regular footwork he wouldn't be getting any fouls against him but he is clumsy right now and deserves those calls and more.

as i said before the series it would be 2-2 heading back to Miami, game 5 is HUGE. if detroit steals it this series will end in 6.

Back
Top Bottom