Official "Little Known Dolphins' Facts" Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official "Little Known Dolphins' Facts" Thread

Silverphin

Chairman of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee
Reaction score
A little idea I came up with. A thread where anyone can post a little known fact about Dolphins. I happened to have found a few.

1. The Miami Dolphins are the first team to appear in three consecutive Super Bowls (71, 72, 73) and the first AFL/AFC to win back-to-back Super Bowls.

2. Vonnie Holliday's name is parodied in the non-NFL football game Blitz: The League. One of the superstars in the game, a defensive back, is named Vonnie Treonday.

3. Volume 15 of the manga Eyeshield 21, a picture of Ricky Williams, and his previous dreadlocked appearance may be the inspiration behind a character int he series, Agon Kongo.

Silverphin said:
A little idea I came up with. A thread where anyone can post a little known fact about Dolphins. I happened to have found a few.

1. The Miami Dolphins are the first team to appear in three consecutive Super Bowls (71, 72, 73) and the first AFL/AFC to win back-to-back Super Bowls.

2. Vonnie Holliday's name is parodied in the non-NFL football game Blitz: The League. One of the superstars in the game, a defensive back, is named Vonnie Treonday.

3. Volume 15 of the manga Eyeshield 21, a picture of Ricky Williams, and his previous dreadlocked appearance may be the inspiration behind a character int he series, Agon Kongo.

:eek: :eek: - Pretty sure I dont have any idea what this is about.

Okay, I will submit a little to this:

Mariners, Marauders, Mustangs, Missiles, Moons, Sharks, Suns were all names submitted as possibilities for the Miami franchise, but of course none could compare to the grace, strength and smarts of a dolphin:wink:

Dude! I thought I was the only guy that read eyeshield!

Delphinus said:
Dude! I thought I was the only guy that read eyeshield!

Hehehe, I only heard about Eyeshield a couple of days ago. But I do plan on picking up the anime on DVD as soon as I get the cash.

Silverphin said:

If you've been a Dolphin fan for any appreciable period of time this is not anywhere close to a little known fact.

Silverphin said:

Also Miami Dolphins are the only team in NFL history to go to 3 straight SuperBowls....

hellsapoppin said:
Also Miami Dolphins are the only team in NFL history to go to 3 straight SuperBowls....

That's not really true. The Bills went to three straight Super Bowls as well.

Silverphin said:
That's not really true. The Bills went to three straight Super Bowls as well.

Actually, the Bills went to 4 straight SuperBowls.

The Dolphins are the only expansion team in NFL history to win a SuperBowl. In '72, since no teams had entered since the Phins in '66, they were still considered an expansion team. Just a cool thought.:dolphins:

In the show Mystery Science Theater 3000 season 9 episode 10 "The Final Sacrifice", Nelson and the bots make several Csonka references as the main character finds a picture of a guy that looks like him :D

AirChambers84 said:
Dan Marino tried to spike the ball but he threw a game winning TD by accident.

i like that fact :dolphins: :jetssuck:

-From 1997 to 2001 the Dolphins qualified for the playoffs each year. At that time, that was longest streak of consecutive playoff apperances in the NFL. (5 straight seasons)

-Jason Taylor went to Akron, Zach Thomas went to Texas Tech and Marty Booker went to Louisana Monroe.

-Ricky Williams was drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies and played some minor league baseball while attending Texas.

-When the Dolphins beat the Seahawks in the 1999 Wildcard playoff round, it was the first time a #6 seed had ever beaten a #3 seed in NFL history.

That's all I got for now.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
-From 1997 to 2001 the Dolphins qualified for the playoffs each year. At that time, that was longest streak of consecutive playoff apperances in the NFL. (5 straight seasons)

-Jason Taylor went to Akron, Zach Thomas went to Texas Tech and Marty Booker went to Louisana Monroe.

-Ricky Williams was drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies and played some minor league baseball while attending Texas.

-When the Dolphins beat the Seahawks in the 1999 Wildcard playoff round, it was the first time a #6 seed had ever beaten a #3 seed in NFL history.

That's all I got for now.

Nice.

Back
Top Bottom