Official "Little Known Dolphins' Facts" Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official "Little Known Dolphins' Facts" Thread

Dan marino had more rushing yards his first year then he had for the rest of his career combined

Actually, the Bills went to 4 straight SuperBowls.

The Dolphins are the only expansion team in NFL history to win a SuperBowl. In '72, since no teams had entered since the Phins in '66, they were still considered an expansion team. Just a cool thought.:dolphins:

you forgot about the Bucs. THey are an expansion team and won the Superbowl in 2003.

Wrong.
The Jaguars and Panthers entered the league after the Bucs and prior to 2003, thus preventing them from being an expansion team.

The New Orleans Saints were an expansion team and began play in 1967.

The only hall of famer that ever caught a pass thrown by Dan Marino was Dan Marino a tipped ball that went for a 6 yard loss!!!

Miami had the first two 1,000 yard rushers on the same team in Larry Csonka (1117) and Mercury Morris (1000) in 1972. There's something else about the '72 Dolphins that made history. I cannot seem to place it for the life of me!
Didn't they finish the season #1 in offense and #1 in defense?

You are correct, but he wrote: 1. The Miami Dolphins are the first team to appear in three consecutive Super Bowls (71, 72, 73) and the first AFL/AFC to win back-to-back Super Bowls.

:D

He was replying to hellsapoppin, that said Miami is the only team to go to three straight Super Bowls.

Joe Robbie bought my family's ranch near Ennis Montana. He had a bunch of adopted children I am thinking like in the 7-9 range of adopted kids. Rumour was they were a bunch of alcoholics. When they sold the ranch it had this big fountain of a dolphin on it that had got all rusty and the kids were all fighting about who got the fountain. It ended up being pretty ugly as the kids were trying to squeeze each other for than their share of the inheritance including the rusty fountain.

marino first picked #13 because it was the very last number available for his first little league baseball team that his dad coached.

The '72 dolphins were #1 in offense and defense both in points and yards for each category.

The dolphins have the highest winning percentage ever in the NFL (.583) for both reg season games and reg season-post season combined. actually, after the '85 season the dolphins winning% was nearly 65%.

Before the 2004 season, the dolphins held the longest ongoing streak of non-losing seasons (.500 or better) at 15 straight.

At the start of the 2007 season the dolphins hadn't had back to back losing seasons since 1969.

it wasnt an accident when marino faked the spike. it was a called play.

Back
Top Bottom