*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ ATLANTA FALCONS GAME THREAD *** WK6 | Page 96 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ ATLANTA FALCONS GAME THREAD *** WK6

The D has exceeded expectations almost every week. It was a bit of a rough start today. I mean, I thought Julio Jones was gonna go for 200 yards. But the pass D really improved in the 2nd half and the run D was solid all game, as it has been most of the season. So, kudos to that unit and to Parkey.

Also nice to get the run game going a little. Ajayi had some nice chunk runs, but there were still too may plays where he was getting met by 2-3 defenders in the backfield. Give the guy a chance.

The pass offense is still terrible. Anyone looking at this game as somehow an argument on behalf of Cutler is insane, unless your argument is that Cutler is terrible, but Moore is even worse. Less than 5 yards per pass attempt for the 2nd game in a row, including in the 2nd half, where I think he threw 19 passes for 87 yards. I've never seen anyone throw more balls while backpedaling.

The first TD took nearly 9 minutes. Which is often OK, sometimes even good, but not when you're down 17 to a strong offense. I mean, score anyway you have to, especially when you've scored 3 TD is 4 games, but that really lowered the margin for error for the defense. Fortunately, the D forced some very short possessions for Atlanta.

The second TD was a gift. First the pass interference call on 3rd down on a ball that was highly unlikely to be completed, and then the roughing the passer call to negate a terrible Cutler INT that was in no way caused by the penalty.

The first FG was a gift as well, coming off the botched punt. The offense maybe drove 20 yards?

The second FG was maybe a 40-50 yard drive.

I mean, it's all better than what we've been doing, so call it progress. But it was still not good. 289 yards of total offense. That's nearly 60 yards better than what we've been averaging, but still bad enough to be in the bottom 5 of the league. This is a 6-7 win team if that doesn't improve a lot more, no matter what our record is today.

I still can't believe we beat the same team that destroyed GB at that very same dome in week 2.

Sure, they also lost to the Bills. But that was without Julio Jones.

It may not have been pretty, but that was an impressive win today. Especially after that 0-17 start.

I still can't believe we beat the same team that destroyed GB at that very same dome in week 2.

Sure, they also lost to the Bills. But that was without Julio Jones.

It may not have been pretty, but that was an impressive win today. Especially after that 0-17 start.

This season has been absolutely bizarre. There is no legit powerhouse in the league right now. Every week there's a new Super Bowl favorite. If there was ever a season to have a slow start this was it thankfully. 8-8 could legit get you into the playoffs this year.

:laugh

I love in-game freakouts. Especially when they happen in the 1st quarter.

It's a good thing I'm not a Mod/Admin because I'd make these guys stick to their claims.

Back
Top Bottom