*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ CHICAGO BEARS GAME THREAD *** Preseason Week 1 | Page 65 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ CHICAGO BEARS GAME THREAD *** Preseason Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;LwtTezSD82k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=LwtTezSD82k[/video]

Where is Carp hum Philbin did not want him! Ops he is in Buffalo.
Mash unit = Miami linebacker corp no surprise there Msi, Tripp and McCain whom were all banged up last year. Let's hope that Vigil keeps showing up.
Wonder if Freeman might deliver more than Moore as backup.
What's the opinion on the Oline tonight just heard Turner and Fox name called out.?
Pretty sure that was Ireland's call. Ireland wanted to reduce the cap and Carpenter was going to cost us something like $5 million that season and I'm pretty sure Ireland drafted Sturgis before he even cut Carp. On top of that Carp's previous two seasons weren't very good (although looking back they were way better than anything Sturgis has put together).

But I'm sure you called it before we released Carp being the visionary you are. You knew exactly which players were going to be good and who was going to tank before it all unfolded.

Carp is gone because of his salary

Lotta hate in this thread.

Cheer up, everyone. First team O and first team D looked very good. Anything after the first half was basically plug and play with people way down on the depth chart, "okay, let's see what happens here with this guy."

There were numerous glaring mistakes made by people who most likely won't be wearing a Phins uniform this time next month.

People are actually bitching about the 2nd half?! Of course I wanted a W, but complaining about guys that are trying out for the team is beyond silly. But hey, why am I surprised?!

Pretty sure that was Ireland's call. Ireland wanted to reduce the cap and Carpenter was going to cost us something like $5 million that season and I'm pretty sure Ireland drafted Sturgis before he even cut Carp. On top of that Carp's previous two seasons weren't very good (although looking back they were way better than anything Sturgis has put together).

But I'm sure you called it before we released Carp being the visionary you are. You knew exactly which players were going to be good and who was going to tank before it all unfolded.

Not at all. Many on here just want to blame Ireland because its the easy thing to do. Thats my opinion and you have yours of course. When Philbin cam on board we started ditching players like Vonte Davis, Carp along with a slew of other players whom went on to play well else where. That was not happening before then. Carp was a free agent pickup one that I read mutible times Ireland was proud of. So while the salary certainly would have been a factor that does not mean Ireland wanted to keep him and Philbin did not. Phibins the cook now and Ireland got the shopping list and filled it with the types of groceries Philbin likes. We are in year 4 Philbin has his players and lets face it Phibin blew bullygate by not being in touch with his locker room. Hope Phibin can make it happen, not coutin on it at this point but hoping.

PS. IMO You got a kicker for free in college and then you use a 5th round pick on one? Why would Ireland suddenly change stripes.

Not at all. Many on here just want to blame Ireland because its the easy thing to do. Thats my opinion and you have yours of course. When Philbin cam on board we started ditching players like Vonte Davis, Carp along with a slew of other players whom went on to play well else where. That was not happening before then. Carp was a free agent pickup one that I read mutible times Ireland was proud of. So while the salary certainly would have been a factor that does not mean Ireland wanted to keep him and Philbin did not. Phibins the cook now and Ireland got the shopping list and filled it with the types of groceries Philbin likes. We are in year 4 Philbin has his players and lets face it Phibin blew bullygate by not being in touch with his locker room. Hope Phibin can make it happen, not coutin on it at this point but hoping.

PS. IMO You got a kicker for free in college and then you use a 5th round pick on one? Why would Ireland suddenly change stripes.

Unless the kicker is a cant miss NFL pro bowl starter, you don't use your draft picks when the team is in the midst of rebuilding.
Especially when the team has whiffed on so many players.
Sturgis was a bad pick. I don't think he has any more upside.
Kickers should be big and strong, especially now with the new rules, not miniature sized IMHO.

Why did Ireland suck so bad at his job? Who knows. Why was Ireland employed as long as he was? Who knows.

Well I guess Philbin, being the cook and all, is doing one heck of a job now. He brought in Ndamukong Suh, he's done a heck of a job on the last two drafts and the team is the most talented it's been in years. Let's hear it for Philbin the cook.

People are so quick to criticize Philbin ,

Yet there is noooo praise for his bringing along of Tannehill .

It doesn't matter what Philbin does or doesn't do . If he goes 16-0 and losses in the playoffs everyone will say he's a **** coach ....

Because well...... People .

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Unless the kicker is a cant miss NFL pro bowl starter, you don't use your draft picks when the team is in the midst of rebuilding.
Especially when the team has whiffed on so many players.
Sturgis was a bad pick. I don't think he has any more upside.
Kickers should be big and strong, especially now with the new rules, not miniature sized IMHO.

You can be small with a big Leg .

Unfortunately with kickers the only thing that matters is making field goals ..... And he sucked fat nuts last year . So if he can't get it done you bring in another guy .

There are people who are upset about the game last night? 9 minute TD drive, 3 and out is all that mattered. Can't start much better than that.

A lot of irrational posts on this thread. Mostly the same cast of characters.
This was a glorified practice game.
Nothing more. I am happy that there were no major injuries to our star players.

A lot of irrational posts on this thread. Mostly the same cast of characters.
This was a glorified practice game.
Nothing more. I am happy that there were no major injuries to our star players.

This .

I rather lose every game than have 1 person injured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom