*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Houston Texans Game Thread *** Wk8 Tnf | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Houston Texans Game Thread *** Wk8 Tnf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for a win tonight . Would be cool as hell if Brock had a big game (not holding my breath though) . Need a solid run game to take the pressure off him . Lets go Miami!

I think the less we ask any of our QBs to do then the better.

Call me old school but I'm not a huge fan of tossing the rock all over the place.
Especially in a tight game(still mad at Gase for the Bengals loss being up a few points) when you're leading.
Make teams earn their win instead of forcing things, creating a T/O and essentially giving them the W.

We don't know which Dolphins team we'll get tonight. SO far we've had games where the offense did ok and games where the defense did ok but we haven't have a game yet where the whole team did well. Hard to tell how the team will play tonight. I agree you'd think they're due to have a decent game in prime time but I'm not holding my breath. Hoping for the best of course.

I think we unfortunately get smashed tonight. Houston will take away short passing game that Gase loves and make Brock stretch the field. Defense has not been playing well and I think offensively we are going to look terrible.

My faith is already gone so I’m not really looking forward to the game. They lose the season is toast.

some good news here for a change

Kenny Stills' injury not a long-term concern
8482.jpg

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Kenny Stills' groin injury is not a long-term concern.

Stills was quickly ruled out for Thursday night's game, but Rapoport writes Stills has "a shot" to play next week and should at worst be ready in Week 10. This update is good news, but Stills has topped 40 yards just once since Week 1 and has a total of two catches in the last two games. He is not a must-hold fantasy option.

Dolphins have 4 active wr's for this game: Danny Amendola, Jakeem Grant, DeVante Parker, & Carroo

Crucial we get the running game going early. I don't see many deep drop backs from Brock with their pass rush. A lot of bubble screens, RTO's, and running on 3 & 10's. uphill battle for sure tonight.

This really does set up as a disaster game for the team.

If there are 3 keys to having a shot its:

1. Tunsil/James has to be > Watt/Clowney - We cannot lose this matchup and it is a tall order to say the least. We have enough to worry about with the injuries inside . . . If these guys don’t own the night we may see Fales on the field at some point.

2. No turnovers on offense - Very cliche, but to have a shot we have to keep possession and play field position. Even if drives don’t result in points, flip the field and force them to drive the length of it. Shorten the game . . . You can’t track meet with these guys.

3. The front 7 just needs to be decent. Not gonna put no unrealistic pressure on the group . . . But the group that was on the field Sunday can stay in Miami. This game tonight they have to be miles better just to be decent . . . I will take it if they can be decent. A lot to deal with when DW is at QB.

Dolphins have 4 active wr's for this game: Danny Amendola, Jakeem Grant, DeVante Parker, & Carroo

Crucial we get the running game going early. I don't see many deep drop backs from Brock with their pass rush. A lot of bubble screens, RTO's, and running on 3 & 10's. uphill battle for sure tonight.

Has Parker ever ran a bubble screen for us?

Also, expect Gelseki to catch a few balls tonight.

I really like the way he catches the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom