*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ LOS ANGELES CHARGERS GAME THREAD *** WK2 | Page 87 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ LOS ANGELES CHARGERS GAME THREAD *** WK2

I know not playing for that long hurts the team but......that lack of a pass rush had nothing to do with it imo. Wake had ONE good play all day when he forced a holding penalty. Branch didn't do anything and Harris, I have high hopes for him but not sure he'll contribute THIS year.....Rashad Jones, I'm worry about him not being the same player he was before the injury/surgery. I'm hoping he'll make it all the way back but he made no plays today either. I know about the LB situation but unless we can get a pass rush we're going to give up a ton of points. Even when we blitzed we couldn't get there.

Ozzy rules!!

Clean up the pass defense and we would have played okay. Offense wasn't getting TDs in the red zone, but for the most part because of the defense not stopping the pass we started with a long field.

Well it was an inconsistent day on offense and a consistently awful day on defense. All three linebackers heads are probably spinning after that game but they wrapped up well at least. Nate Allen <<<< McDonald. Corner play was okay compared to everyone else and they got no help from the d line so good job Howard and Maxwell.

Too much talent on the offense to not put up twenty points every game, and we'll need to. Every game won't be an offensive struggle like today.

All in all the fish stole a win from the Chargers who held every advantage you can think of going into the game. On to the Jets.

its nice to come away with the win but the first half was really ugly offensively and the pass defense was bad all day. We need to let cutler be aggressive too. He looked alot better in the 2nd half when he started taking some chances to parker.

Better to win ugly than to lose pretty, especially on our first game of the season. So I'll take it. But we have a lot to correct. A LOT.

And Gase was a little off today. Hopefully it's just a little rust and trying to figure out this new group of players.

I like the potential of our offense, but we need to do better in the RZ.

Our defense is what we expected it to be. Not excited to see this D get killed every week.

Even so, a win is a win and that's all that matters. GO PHINS!

I can't believe we won today. This was Gase worse called game as a Dolphins coach. The 1st half and last drive was ****ing horrible. Settling for a career long FG and giving the Chargers a a chance to win with a FG if they make it? I'm glad we won at least. A huge win on the road against a team desperate for a win after losing a close game.

We stole this game and it may be a very significant win later in the year. Some things must be cleaned up but through all their adversity they found a way to win.

Not sure why they called timeout just before the FG attempt, I almost broke my TV. They got lucky today. But a win is a win. I was impressed with the o-line, who held both of SD's DE's in check, they showed power and athleticism opening holes for Ajayi. Pouncey sure makes a difference. The run defense was stellar and a pleasant surprise. Hayes made a difference in the run defense. The WR's all made plays and showed why they are considered the strength of the team. I'm also wondering, if the Timmons situation threw Gase off his game today. Things didn't look smooth. He got bailed out by his RB and WR's.

The AFC looks brutal. Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos in the West....Ravens and Steelers....Houston and TN will be tough and then the scumbags in NE. Gonna be very tough to get a wildcard. Only good thing is that all of these teams will beat up on each other as well.

BTW, Rivers completed 31 of 39 freaking passes....and he was hit only 3 times......that's how bad our pass rush/DB's were

Ozzy rules!!

People complaining about the play calling, what did you expect when our starting QB went down in the first week of training camp and we called a guy known for making "**** it" decisions out of retirement? The head coach is going to manage him by making him throw a lot of screen passes and stuff designed to be short and simple. Pick your spots to let him take his shots.

This is EXACTLY what he did in Chicago in 2015, lots of screen passes and then when you can get low risk opportunities, you dial them up. It works. We won the football game.

And you guys know that I hate the WR screen pass so much that I wish the NFL would make it illegal. I hate it. I don't ever want to see it again. But it was dialed up today for a reason.

Well since you asked, I expected more aggressive playcalling in the first half, you now like what we saw in the second half.

So he managed him in the first half and then let him go in the second half? Makes no sense to me. We won despite the lack of aggressiveness in the first half and on that last drive.

Just got lucky because of that horrible kicker. I mean Jay hadnt even turn the ball over and you handcuffed him early? How much longer of that type of football do you want to watch. Btw its not going to work against most other teams.

Rivers was lethal today. He was on the money killing us with the same routes over and over again. It's a good thing we pulled it out bcauae that would've been a brutal plane ride.

I'm sure these guys really want to get home and rest up, it's been a brutal 10 days and while it was an ugly win, I'll take it.

Jets may be exactly what this team needs to help get in sync to start the season.

Hopefully that was their master plan, to leave the crossing routes open in the middle ALL FREAKING DAY. If not we got a lot of work to do. Brady will feast on us all game if that's the case. At the end of the day we won, but still so much work to do.

Back
Top Bottom