*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ LOS ANGELES CHARGERS GAME THREAD *** WK2 | Page 88 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ LOS ANGELES CHARGERS GAME THREAD *** WK2

Considering the adversity we had to endure this week, Hurricane, relocating, starting LB out day of the game etc....The defense only allowed 17 points. That's not too bad. We obviously have work to do but it's not as bad as it seems

Well since you asked, I expected more aggressive playcalling in the first half, you now like what we saw in the second half.

So he managed him in the first half and then let him go in the second half? Makes no sense to me. We won despite the lack of aggressiveness in the first half and on that last drive.

Just got lucky because of that horrible kicker. I mean Jay hadnt even turn the ball over and you handcuffed him early? How much longer of that type of football do you want to watch. Btw its not going to work against most other teams.

I don't ever want to see a wide receiver screen again. But you're going to see a lot of it. We went away from the screen passes last season when our line shored up, but Ryan Tannehill is a quarterback who's more risk averse with the football than Jay Cutler, AND you can do more roll-out and boot plays with him to mitigate pass rush.

AND there is also the fact that Cutler came in late and is working his way off of serious shoulder surgery. I think there is an element of comfort that's not there yet, and it's going to take time. Also, we were facing the Chargers' pass rush today, which is really the only good part of that football team in my opinion.

I think you'll see it get opened up more, especially if the OL stays healthy.

The AFC looks brutal. Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos in the West....Ravens and Steelers....Houston and TN will be tough and then the scumbags in NE. Gonna be very tough to get a wildcard. Only good thing is that all of these teams will beat up on each other as well.
Ravens aren't very good. Just a weak schedule of Cleveland, Cincinnati and Jacksonville to open the season. After next week their schedule gets brutal. They just lost another player for the season

IMO, as ugly a win as this was for us, it's better in a way that despite questionable play calling, vulnerable defenses and dependence on the failure of an opposing kicker, the team came out on top despite itself.

Considering that these were the kind of games in the past which most everyone, including the players expected to lose, a queasy win like this early on serves as a confidence-builder and reinforces the positive expectation that despite missteps, theres the talent and will to overcome all that to get the win!

So of course a lot of work is required but let's not under-value the cohesive group confidence building powers of positive visualization and thinking in setting the table for the rest of the season.

We stole this game and it may be a very significant win later in the year. Some things must be cleaned up but through all their adversity they found a way to win.

Ummm...we didn't "steal" anything......it was handed to us and it was the Chargers finding a way to lose.

And EVERYTHING needs to be cleaned up (well....aside from FG attempts).......the Fins were sloppy and lax all around.

I don't ever want to see a wide receiver screen again. But you're going to see a lot of it. We went away from the screen passes last season when our line shored up, but Ryan Tannehill is a quarterback who's more risk averse with the football than Jay Cutler, AND you can do more roll-out and boot plays with him to mitigate pass rush.

AND there is also the fact that Cutler came in late and is working his way off of serious shoulder surgery. I think there is an element of comfort that's not there yet, and it's going to take time. Also, we were facing the Chargers' pass rush today, which is really the only good part of that football team in my opinion.

I think you'll see it get opened up more, especially if the OL stays healthy.

Well will see. I cant remember, did we run tempo? I think on one drive maybe?

People will call it ugly, but 200 yards passing and 100 yards rushing with zero turnovers isn't ugly to me. Especially holding the Chargers to 44 yards rushing with 26 coming on one carry. If they can have that production from the offense and run defense every week Miami will win their share of games.

Yeah just need a dominating D

Considering the adversity we had to endure this week, Hurricane, relocating, starting LB out day of the game etc....The defense only allowed 17 points. That's not too bad. We obviously have work to do but it's not as bad as it seems

Exactly. What do fans want from this first game? It's a win. Tons of adversity and they stepped up. Pats got smacked in their house week one with a "loaded team" - we went on the road during a natural disaster with a new QB against a few hall of famers and won. Crack another beer and enjoy guys!!!

Fans can't even comprehend a coach thinking a 54 yard game winning kick is no problem for the kicker. It was clear Gase wasn't worried about it at all, while fans so use to kickers missing clutch long kicks were considering it nearly impossible. Plus the kick would have been good from 60+.

Last edited:
Yeah just need a dominating D

I don't think we will see the phins play dominating D because we have a very conservative HC.
He's more likey to favor playing a off the line, than a press and take more chances.

Gase got just what he wanted, give up a bunch of yards but, held the score down.

Back
Top Bottom