*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ NEW YORK GIANTS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK1 | Page 59 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ NEW YORK GIANTS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK1

Dallas Thomas was working out...but I guess it was only with a shake weight.

Lol......I don't know what I'm more sick of... hearing his suckass name or watching his suckass on the field. You know bringing in Gase I thought things would change but keeping him on the team much less a starter is unbelievable.

Didn't see the game, but reading the comments it looks like the line is still an issue....Thomas still sucks and even Albert didn't play well.

Think the coaches will see that Thomas may be a great guy and a hard worker, but his a ****ing wank stain on the field as a player. Anyone know how Turner looked? How about Tunsil? Not really worried about the offensive skilled positions...figured (based of Jackson's article) the line didn't allow much to happen.

Hey there's a bright side. Miami scores 27 points.

That's more than they scored in the month of September last year

Didn't see the game, but reading the comments it looks like the line is still an issue....Thomas still sucks and even Albert didn't play well.

Think the coaches will see that Thomas may be a great guy and a hard worker, but his a ****ing wank stain on the field as a player. Anyone know how Turner looked? How about Tunsil? Not really worried about the offensive skilled positions...figured (based of Jackson's article) the line didn't allow much to happen.

Albert played OK. The one big pressure he gave up to OV, it looked like a legitimate miscommunication there. I'm not worried about BA.

Billy Turner didn't play well. I'm hoping for more from him, because right now it looks bad.

Tunsil played well. He looked flat out dominant, though to be fair he was only in against 2s and 3s. There were numerous pass plays in which the entire pocket was collapsing or being pushed back, or multiple rushers were on the QB, and Tunsil was up at the line of scrimmage all by his lonesome, stonewalling some poor ****er.

Albert played OK. The one big pressure he gave up to OV, it looked like a legitimate miscommunication there. I'm not worried about BA.

Billy Turner didn't play well. I'm hoping for more from him, because right now it looks bad.

Tunsil played well. He looked flat out dominant, though to be fair he was only in against 2s and 3s. There were numerous pass plays in which the entire pocket was collapsing or being pushed back, or multiple rushers were on the QB, and Tunsil was up at the line of scrimmage all by his lonesome, stonewalling some poor ****er.

Tunsil will be great. He's gonna be great.

Tunsil will be great. He's gonna be great.

I expect him to be better than serviceable. I expect him to be good, even learning to play guard right now. We have an instant upgrade right now at our worst starting position, from a player who is the worst in the entire NFL among qualifying players at his position, to a guy who has all world talent and has played well when we've seen him.

If the change isn't made immediately, I won't even know what to say. I'm willing to give Gase the benefit of the doubt of having to see it for himself, but he's now seen it. Time to pull the trigger.

They have to roll with Tunsil week 2 with the 1's...maybe let Bushrod give ol RG a go as well. Really disappointing to hear about Turner...I expect it out of Thomas, but Turner, to many physical gifts to still be struggling this bad. Very frustrating.

I was getting PTSD in that first quarter watching garbage-ass Dallas Thomas getting absolutely bodied. Dude can't play. Tunsil is the guy, run him with the ones.

You can spot them being awful from a mile away too. Just look for dreads flailing around going backwards quickly. Neither have a career in the nfl. Thomas is inexcusable. Turner's supposed strength and solid base are immediately offset by middle school technique. Tunsil next to Bushrod/urbik/douglas will most likely be the starters by default.

I felt Albert got whipped by Vernon on two of the four pass plays. On those four passing plays I actually graded Albert worse that Thomas, who got beat once and was a non factor the other three plays. I think Albert will come around but I thought he played pretty bad tonight, at least on the passing plays. Thomas is always going to give you two or three of those plays where he's looks like Omar Kelly trying to block Suh.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was tough seeing Vernon play so well rushing the QB. It was even tougher seeing Tannehill get blown up on 3 of his 4 pass attempts. Don't these guys (the O-line) have any pride? I really hope this isn't a harbinger of things to come. We need guys on the O line who take pride in keeping their QB clean. I don't give a **** what round they were drafted.

We all know Dallas Thomas sucks, but the biggest disappointment to me is the way Albert and James played. Hopefully Tunsil takes the LG spot if he doesn't replace Albert at LT and and one of the others out of Bushrod/Urbik can man the RG spot. Billy Turner was also a big disappointment, his play hasn't improved at all.

We all know Dallas Thomas sucks, but the biggest disappointment to me is the way Albert and James played. Hopefully Tunsil takes the LG spot if he doesn't replace Albert at LT and and one of the others out of Bushrod/Urbik can man the RG spot. Billy Turner was also a big disappointment, his play hasn't improved at all.
If it weren't for the last few years of poor pass protection we'd all be saying, "it was just 4 pass plays in a preseason game". Unfortuantley it looked all too familiar w the QB getting creamed on every drop back. Need to get it together.

I'm not going to over react because of those four passing plays, but it wasn't pretty. For those of us who haven't made it out to a practice we can no imagine Williams, Wake and Suh have been doing to this group on a regular basis.

Back
Top Bottom