*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ NEW YORK GIANTS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK1 | Page 60 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ NEW YORK GIANTS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK1

I didn't hear all of last night's game, mainly just most of the first half, as that was the only time I was in the car. It sounded bad, complete the opposite of last year's pre season games. Last year, the first unit sounded terrific on the radio, and then the second and third units would find a way to give to games away. I was so excited for the season to start last year, and we know how that turned out. Last night, it sounded like the first units terrible and the second and third units won the game. For what it's worth, perhaps we're beginning to see some depth emerge on this roster.

I didn't hear all of last night's game, mainly just most of the first half, as that was the only time I was in the car. It sounded bad, complete the opposite of last year's pre season games. Last year, the first unit sounded terrific on the radio, and then the second and third units would find a way to give to games away. I was so excited for the season to start last year, and we know how that turned out. Last night, it sounded like the first units terrible and the second and third units won the game. For what it's worth, perhaps we're beginning to see some depth emerge on this roster.
First offense was very vanilla with running plays on 1st and 2nd downs that were poorly executed. Then, on 3rd and long, poor pass protection. We were very predictable, so there is that....
The "1st defense" was missing Wake, Suh, Mario, and I didn't see Jones.... This unit couldn't stop the run but did pretty good vs the pass (Nassib). Miami depth dominated NYG depth.

RW

I expect him to be better than serviceable. I expect him to be good, even learning to play guard right now. We have an instant upgrade right now at our worst starting position, from a player who is the worst in the entire NFL among qualifying players at his position, to a guy who has all world talent and has played well when we've seen him.

If the change isn't made immediately, I won't even know what to say. I'm willing to give Gase the benefit of the doubt of having to see it for himself, but he's now seen it. Time to pull the trigger.
I really hope Gase isn't one of those bull**** "Old Guard" types of people who believe in seniority/climbing the rank over actual talent on talent evaluations. Like you said I really want Tunsil next week at the latest despite only being the 2nd preseason game. I honestly believe if we let the new OL gain chemistry now, it can be an actual strength by the bye week.

Back
Top Bottom