*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS GAME THREAD *** AFC Wild Card | Page 116 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS GAME THREAD *** AFC Wild Card

Draft is going to be important, But I wouldn't rule out the Fins making a run at Lawerence Timmions who may be the best LB'er on the market.
Rather us go the draft route for a Linebacker instead of Free agency unless you really like Hightower or Timmons.

and the Dolphins have a lot of money to play with in the upcoming off-season because of moves like not overpaying at a position where you can get similar production for a fraction of the cost. They knew Ajayi could be an everydown back with the right Oline, gambled and won. They made the playoffs because of it.
I feel like a broken record saying this but the Dolphins have a lot of money but only 36 players under contract for next year. We need to sign or re-sign 17 players and that money goes fast.

If Vance goes to Denver I'd love to see us bring in Phillips. I know he is "old" but I'd like to see some experience brought in and Phillips has a proven track record as a D Coordinator

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

I feel like a broken record saying this but the Dolphins have a lot of money but only 36 players under contract for next year. We need to sign or re-sign 17 players and that money goes fast.

Fair enough, but my point is they'd be i worse shape to fix certain positions if they overspent on certain positions that don't call for it.

Disappointing end to an otherwise fun year.

I think this is a team on the rise. A good draft, some key FA signings and hopefully we will see a much improved defense next year. The offense will continue to grow and RT's our man for the foreseeable future. Keep this WR core together, add a TE and another year learning Gase's offense and I think we become a contender.

Enjoyed these game day threads guys!

Well another long off season. The playoffs have been less than encouraging. I hope Miami gets a dominant team. The NFL is ready for a turnover IMO. The same tired Pats, Steelers, Packers, Broncos and Seachickens domination tired. Heartbreaker for the Raiders. I'm a Chiefs fan now I guess.

Literally we should be able to gain 16.1 million with three simple cuts in Mario Williams, Koa Misi, and Dion Jordan. We are already projected with almost 40 million as it is. Yes we have players that need to be signed with only 37 players signed next year (minus 3 for the proposed cuts) but with the draft and FA we have the money to move forward. With cuts we should be at +55M.

Literally we should be able to gain 16.1 million with three simple cuts in Mario Williams, Koa Misi, and Dion Jordan.

If Dion Jordan has been doing the right things in his recovery and in practice than he should absolutely be retained one more season.

The other two are auto-cuts.

If Dion Jordan has been doing the right things in his recovery and in practice than he should absolutely be retained one more season.

The other two are auto-cuts.

Earl Mitchell also counts 5M against the cap with only .5 in dead money. Easy cut if needed especially if Phillips can step it up in year 3.

But the Pats are a lock for the super bowl. Just a fact. Doesn't make me a nut licker, I hate it. The AFC has been the same for 16 years now. Needs new blood--badly! Only difference this year is no Manning so Pittsburgh gets a shot at NE rather than Denver.

Well go put all your money on the Patriots. Put your money where your mouth is. Nothing is ever 100% guaranteed especially in the NFL. I don't think Pittsburgh is getting out of Kansas City with a win. The Chiefs are much healthier than the Dolphins, highly doubt the Chiefs will turn the ball over multiple times, the Chiefs have a legit defense and the Steelers will be playing in a hostile environment against a team looking to avenge an earlier beating. I am picking the Chiefs.
The Patriots will be overconfident against a team they handled easily earlier in the season. The Texans have one of the best defenses in the league. The Texans will have some surprises in store for the Patriots. Wouldn't be shocking to see Clowney take out Brady. The upset is in the cards while the people calling the Patriots a lock will be crying in their whine and choking on their cheese.

Texans @ Chiefs for the AFC Championship game. We will get some new blood in the Superbowl this year. All those tired of seeing the rich getting richer will be able enjoy the Superbowl this season.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
Lot of this feeling going around
Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo
Matt Moore gushing about Adam Gase's first year as Dolphins HC: "Guys love him. I feel the same way. He is 100% the right guy for this job."

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

1h
Jeff Darlington‏ @JeffDarlington
Gase's message to Dolphins team: "I just told them, 'Remember this feeling. You want to get back to this spot and try to make some noise.'"

You think Lamar miller at his salary is more valuable then Ajayi at his? Me bringing up Bell is the point. He is fabulous value for the Steelers because he is worth so little. Kenny Stills is undervalued at what he's getting paid, but if he gets a #1 WR type of contract when you have to pay you're true #1 (Landry) and #2(Parker) later, it doesn't make sense for us when you can pay a fraction of the cost to someone else. I would overpay a little, but Stills skills can be replicated.

You do realize that DeAngelo Williams looked like a pro bowler when he was subbing for Bell. He isn't nearly as dynamic but it still worked, because of Pittsburgh's offensive line and their ability for big plays does not allow you to stack the box. It's not all Bell, far from it. It's all about the offensive line. The Fins got more production by paying less then a 3rd of the cost to ajayi this year then they would have for Miller. It was proven to be a very smart decision. You sure up the Oline, you sure up the run game in our case. Anyone could see that. WHat evidence do you have that proves that a Lamar Miller type of running back is worth that contract? His 73yrds on 31 carries yesterday?

Again you bring up a rookie contract. I don't think you understand how this business works. I think Miller + Ajayi is more valuable than Ajayi. Absolutely. Makes the offense far more dynamic and maintains depth at an oft-injured position. We lost that and for nothing. We improved nothing else with that "savings." Awesome.

And of course Bell is great value, he's still on his rookie contract!. You think the Steelers are going to let him walk? And yes, Williams looked good, because he's always been a good RB when healthy, but nowhere near Bell. Silliness. And while nobody is arguing that the offensive line isn't important, they aren't responsible for Bell's vision, shiftiness, burst, and threat as a receiver out of the backfield. That's pure Bell and it's an example of how silly the "dime a dozen" nonsense is. It's why this is a completely different offense with Bell instead of Williams.

If Stills gets #1 money, it will be because another team made the same mistake we did with Wallace and the 9ers did with Smith, trying to shoehorn a talented role player into what is essentially a different position. If somebody does that, good for him. It won't be us though. If we keep him, he'll be paid what he's worth for what he adds to the offense, which is a significant, not easily replaced role. If anybody is going to get overpaid, it's Landry as a "#1," which he is not. But I like him and can understand why they will likely do it.

As for Miller's stats, I have to assume you watched the game yesterday, right? Sadly, I still have to explain how you stop Houston's offense: stop Miller, who is miscast as a power RB, but still manages to produce. Osweiler is arguably the worst QB in the league. Fortunately for the Texans, they faced a terrible pass defense and a broken offense. The Pats will also focus heavily on stopping Miller and allow Osweiler to attempt to beat them. He won't.

Miller + Ajayi > Ajayi, and it's not even close. But hey, at least we saved $5 mill or whatever that we didn't even use. Huzzah!

You can't look at Miller's contract and say "we didn't use the 5mil last year so it didn't matter" that's not how contracts work. It's about guaranteed Money. Miler would be on the hook for guarantees throughout his whole contract. Again, Running back is just very devalued in today's NFL. Unless it's a special talent I'm not spending alot of money on it. I don't care if the Dolphins lit the money on fire, I look at the position and player and say "is he worth it?" For this team, he wasn't.

Point 2: You can't definitely say had we kept Lamar and paired him with Jay we would of been better. We had them both last year and it wasn't, It may
of took opportunities away from Jay, infact, I know it would of. Fins weren't going to pay an RB as a top 10 back then give him 12 carries a game.

As for Stills.... I said I would not pay him north of 5mil and you said he should. I'm curious what you think #3 WR money should look like?
Just for the Record, I'm not trying to Bash Kenny...I like him. But just as I was when Lamar and RISHARD were FA's last year I look around the league and see how they can be replaced.
Matthews got 5mil on average last yr from the Titans.

The Lions are a good example.
Golden Tate is a guy who is being paid like a #2 for them. He is going to average around 6 mil a year.
Marvin Jones is being paid like their top guy at 8mil on Avg.

1 thing I certainly agree with is we need someone who has capable skills to Stills if we do lose him. A field stretcher. Even if it's someone like a Phillip Dorsett type.

Unlike Matthews and Miller there isn't someone on the roster right now who duplicates his field stretching ability.

Sucks to have to wait 6 months til training camp. This team has consumed me for 3 months. Future is bright, people!

Miami should be quite active this offseason. Should be as fun a wait as it gets. I'm wondering if Tannehill goes for the surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom