*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAME THREAD *** Week 1 | Page 139 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAME THREAD *** Week 1

all things considered. Seattle is a fantastic defense and we left at least 13 points on the field. new coach, new scheme...lot of positives. we were a ten point underdog and we should have won. hope Mitchell, Williams and Phillips are OK going forward...DL was stellar against a sub-par OL

Looking at some of the posts on here. 5mins to go in 3rd and Phins keep Seahawks to 6pts at their place and Phins are FG behind. Some of you ppl need a freeking reality check and wake tfu! Call yourself fans? Have a look at another thread asking for the final score. Nobody expected to keep the Hawks to 2 FGs this late. Give some respect where it's due. Seriously.

Looks like you need the reality check. This THE SAME OLD DOLPHINS. New coach, doesn't matter. Did anyone with an eye toward reality ever think after Stills dropped ball and a missed FG that we were going to win? That's OUR reality.

I thought the team played great.

Seattle is a juggernaut with a top 3 defense.

Thanks me too! Anyone who gets " we suck" out of this is a complete moron. We had this game, just got to make the plays. That was one of the top teams in the league at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silly to talk about drives that should have a won a game when the offense scored 12 points, and that's after being spotted two easy turnovers in opponent territory.

So Tannehill is responsible for catch that you and I could have made that Stills dropped and the field goal that blocked?

Yeah. It's Tannehill. It's always Tannehill, even when it's not.

We had three first downs through three quarters. Remind me again how often Manning or Marino would call that winning football.

Didn't Manning manage to lead his team to 8 points total in the super bowl against that same team?

As much as a loss like this hurts me, it is a necessary step in the growing/maturing process of our players and coaches to go into a place like Seattle and play to a two point loss. If they clean up a few things, get DeVante back in the lineup and continue to make progress with the new offense, they will be much improved over last year.

As much as a loss like this hurts me, it is a necessary step in the growing/maturing process of our players and coaches to go into a place like Seattle and play to a two point loss. If they clean up a few things, get DeVante back in the lineup and continue to make progress with the new offense, they will be much improved over last year.

I haven't heard this one before....

I know people are going to say it's just the first game, and I know people are going to say it's almost impossible to win in Seattle, and both of those are true.

But I've seen this show before, a lot over the last 20 years. Exactly like this. Close but not close enough. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

We have to kick this culture of losing. We expect the worse, craziest things to happen to cost us games, and they always happen. I know I've come to expect it. As soon as we scored I told my friend "Well, I thought we lost on getting a chip-shot FG blocked, but I guess we're going to lose on a game-ended Seattle TD. Self-fulfilling prophecy. We've got to get something positive going, and I don't mean being close. We have to make good things happen that result in wins.

That's fans thinking, not players. Players are a revolving door of team changes in the NFL.

People act like we played good today. We didn't. At all. Seattle didn't either but at least they will be in the Playoffs. We are going to get smoked in NE next week and the season will really begin to unravel. This game didn't make me encouraged from what I saw. Just being a realist.

One thing I like about game threads is that it sure does show who the negative dumbasses are and it makes it a whole lot easier to ignore them.

This was a tough game, very tough game, and we had a real chance to win this right up until the last minute. Anyone that can't see that this is a different team needs to log off and go away. They REALLY do bring a bad energy around here for no reason.

Go be a fan of a different team. If you can find any enjoyment cheering for this team then you need to let them go.

I'm disappointed with the loss but we were in no way pushovers today.

I agree....

Offense - left 13 points on the field.....with the failed 4th down, the Stills drop and then the Franks blocked field goal. Convert any of those and we win. Good to see RT drive the field to give us a chance at the end. Some so/so play calling today, I hope that gets better.

Defense - played great. They held Seattle to 12 points in their own house......I would take that all day long. I thought they did a good job today.

I guess if Peyton Manning was throwing that ball to Stills he wouldve caught it? Or maybe Marino?
see. Sorry was apologists ranking about one play in the beginning of the game while ignoring the 3 quarters of **** play by tannehill

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom