*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAME THREAD *** Week 1

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Adam First, Sep 10, 2016.

1. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

Im actually shocked it was a game at all. Tough loss but we do have to win these games. You can't win against teams like the hawks when you make huge mistakes, Stills drop and missed fgs are huge mistakes.

2. Phinsguy

Phinsguy A True Fan

The biggest headscratcher was going for it on 4th down in the 1st half.......you DON'T do that in a 3 pt game away in a hostile stadium with raving fans and the odds against you.....the ONLY decision there was to kick the FG and tie the game.....instead our coaching braintrust got cute and thought it'd be a good time to act daring......it wasn't....and could've won the game for us with the FG.

3. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

If we had 35 points on the board, I promise you wouldn't here a peep from me as a very loud Tannehill skeptic.

4. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer None of my business. Finheaven VIP Donator

I agree. I don't like moral victories and the end result is 0-1, which is a bad result.

But we just went and played a team that is a Super Bowl favorite at their house (where they have been pretty incredible) and lost by two stinking points, in a game where we got hosed by a few bad calls / non-calls, dropped an easy touchdown, had a field goal blocked, etc.

We didn't look like a bad football team today. I want to see this defense next week. I want to see this defense play like that again next week, because if they do, then this team can exceed expectations.

5. Parcells_Guy

Parcells_Guy The Ultimate Spike Faker

Look everyone, FinHeaven has its very own Psychic! How lucky are we?

6. PCmor

PCmor Continuity

Some players are holdovers. Others have seen it and heard it, even if they haven't been direct part of it. The front office has been part of it. It's a confidence thing, and as much as you want to discount it, it exists.

Let's just look at how we played that last drive. First, we try to return a kickoff from 6 yards deep, burn 6 seconds off the clock and don't even get to the 20. Kenny Stills actually gets behind the defense and though the pass might not have been catchable, to me it didn't look like "I'm going to go after this with everything I have" effort. Tannehill's body language to me said he didn't believe we had a chance, and he's running for his life at the end. We didn't even get positive yards the last time we got the ball. The Seahawks moved us back when they could just have let us getting 20 yards and the clock runs out.

But, more than anything, this followed a very similar script to a lot of other games the last 15 years, whoever the players, the culture of losing gets passed down from team to team and the top of the organization on down. It's just something you have to kick, or else nothing is going to change.

7. Njphinsfan

Njphinsfan A True Fan

I have to say, although heartbreaking, I disagree with most of you. Yes, we left points out there, yes, our offense sucked, yes, the play calling left a lot to be desired, but this is the Seahawks. One of the best defenses in the league with one of the best QBs in the league. Tannehill took 1 sack that was completely on him and overthrew that last ball to Stills. He threw a 3rd down pass to Landry that would have been converted if he led him, but in no way, is this game on him. All the critics here have said he can't come through in the 4th quarter. Well, he did. He can't complete passes to players who can't get open. This defense blanketed our receivers. There was nowhere else to go. As much as it hurts right now, and I wanted this win, I think this team is moving in the right direction. Nobody would have expected our defense to hold Seattle to 12 points.

8. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

You might not, but there are plenty here that would complain about a 52-49 loss if the qb failed to produce a game winning drive.

9. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Please football gods, grace us Tua or Trevor Finheaven VIP

Which no qb other than Big Ben has done in 5 ****ing years.

But yeah.

10. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

Difference is with Tannehill is that it's a trait he has as an individual dating back to college. He plays terribly with a chance to win the game. Yes, I know some are totally amazed that he mounted a single worthwhile drive where he had to run the ball in because he doesn't know how to pass in the red zone any longer. It's disappointing when a defense that has been refreshed of players multiple times shows a tendency to fold, it's another when there is one individual who show a tendency and yet we declare him to be the franchise.

11. Brumdog45

Brumdog45 A True Fan

That's the same reality for the Seahawks today as well. Miss a field goal, drop a touchdown pass and they would have lost.

I'd rather be at the point where we are just needing to make a couple easy plays to correct things than one where we had to play perfect to win.

12. teemu7

teemu7 A True Fan

but the seahawks have been good which totally excuse the exact type of play we have seen the past few years is not an actual excuse for this putrid disaster

its loser talk. no excuse for the **** performance we saw today from the coach, qb and offense as a whole.

13. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

The problem with this whole logic is thinking that we played well because it was a close game. The defense played pretty well for most parts of the game. The ST was garbage. The offense was the most useless I've seen since the last two games of the 2013 season. I don't care who you are, three first downs through the first three quarters is terrible against anyone. And the only TD they scored was on a QB draw that worked this time and won't work again because teams will all take note of it.

I and many others expected we would lose this game with the offense making some plays and the defense giving up more. We lost with the offense making almost no plays throughout the entirety of a game, and the defense looking better than expected at times but still getting crushed when it mattered.

14. teemu7

teemu7 A True Fan

stop with all this logic. qb is a below average football mind without question

15. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

Nope, its not the same for the Seahawks at all. They spotted us two turnovers in their territory and barely paid for it. They had two different drives killed because Lockett dropped a first down catch on third down. When talking outright mistakes, they made more costly ones, but they also had the ability to pass downfield and the ability to run. We had about 5 passes completed past 4 yards all game, and none in the red zone.