*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Game Thread *** Preseason Wk2 | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Game Thread *** Preseason Wk2

Rudock with a nice drive and a few nice plays. Ultimately it means nothing when a QB who won't be with the team makes a game winning pass to a receiver who won't be with the team, but I still root for these guys to make it happen.

Also nice of the staff to come up with a few plays in a row that played to the strength of these kids.

I’m going to savor the wins when I can this year. They’re likely few and far between starting in September

Pat White would've made a great 3rd string qb!

Pat White was completely terrible even as a third string QB. I remember the dude's preseason and he was afraid to stay in the pocket. It carried over when he was forced to see the field in week 17 as an actual QB and he completed 0 passes and sadly nearly got himself killed taking yet another scramble.

I always felt bad because I think in another world he wouldn't have been such a joke, but he came into the awkward situation where this team had an MVP candidate the year before coming back in Pennington, the team also still trying to get a "future" QB ready to play in Henne, and also devoting a lot of focus to the wildcat, whose packages and other trick plays ended up being White's main focus. The guy wasn't ready to take the field as a regular QB when he was thrust into action due to being the number two just because of his gadgetry. That week 17 disaster and near death ended his career when he may have had more of a chance had it not happened.

As big of an upset as Jets over Colts SB 3 and Giants over Pats twice!

Bears should have gone Gay before Bucs drafted him.

Another regrettable thing we excel at. Boooooo.

Now this game just goes down as utter disappointment. At leas a win would be something but no, We looked like **** wire to wire. The tank for Tua crowd will be pounding their chests tomorrow!

My thoughts:

The rain was always going to make this a sloppy game. Both teams shouldn’t look too deeply into it. Hopefully the phins and bucs fare well in wet conditions in the regular season because of this.

Our defense was solid. Harris had two sacks. Baker had great pressure. Sam Eguavoen looks like good depth. Corners blanketed the Bucs receivers all night. Wilkins had a sack and the run D was great. Really good stuff.

Jason Sanders is one of the better kickers in the NFL. He made it look easy.

Offensive line looks like a division 2 team without Tunsil. And I’m not confident it’ll look that much better even with Laremy in there. Pass protection was solid for a quarter, but there were way too many holding calls and false starts, and the wheels fell off quickly. Rosen and Fitz didn’t have much of a chance. Plus we had absolutely nowhere to run tonight.

Preston Williams was humbled tonight. Still, his potential is through the roof.

None of our quarterbacks are separating themselves. Disappointing.

Too many penalties. A step back from game 1. Special teams seemed to have one every single time a kick was returned. Clean it up.

In terms of long shots, Carradine and Lammons stock is up for me. Two athletic individuals making great plays. Tank in particular seems to have a knack for generating consistent pressure. We need that on a team that is bound to have zero players get more than 6 sacks all year.

Tough loss. I’m sure the phins wanted a win against the team they’ve seen all week. A big letdown in the 4th.

Laird won’t make the team but he’s fun to watch.

I am ready for the regular season, and even more excited for the 2020 draft. But let’s have some fun in the meantime!

Back
Top Bottom